• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[T] button removal

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't say I'm seeing any problems, I'm using GravityBox 3.2.1 (stable) and have the cursor control keys enabled. When selecting a text box the arrows appear but the back/home/recents buttons don't move left slightly like they used to.

Until recently the custom key in the navigation bar tweaks section of GravityBox used to move the keys slightly too, but no longer does.

Let's rule out a few things:

1.) are you running the latest stable version of GravityBox?

2.) are you running the Modaco xposed module to remove the T button? This may mess with my modified SystemUI

3.) is it just the cursor arrows causing the buttons to move?

4.) do they move left or right?

5.) does disabling cursor arrow keys fix it?

6.) does disabling GravityBox fix it?

7.) are the buttons centered when not entering text?

8.) are the immersive dots centered on the buttons (open an image in the gallery, zoom so it's bigger than the screen and wait a few seconds and the buttons should fade to little dots)

9.) are you running any other tweaks on the navbar?

If you could answer the above it should help me narrow down what's going on :)

I figured out the issue..

If the nav bar is set to always on the bottom in Gravity Box in generates the issue I previously mentioned

Fix is to not to enable that option

Posted

If the nav bar is set to always on the bottom in Gravity Box in generates the issue I previously mentioned

aah, interesting! I'll have a try enabling that option tonight and see if I get the same response. As the hudl always keeps the nav bar on the bottom by default it shouldn't matter that the option isn't enabled, but it'd be nice to know why it does it

Posted (edited)

Having tried enabling the option in GravityBox and rebooting I see what you mean! Its fine in landscape but the portrait layout has the T button back and nothing is lined up other than, oddly enough, the immersive dots.

I'd hazard a guess that GravityBox is forcing the SystemUI.apk to load a layout other than the usual one - thus loading one I've not modified. If I get more time I'll have a look into how to prevent it doing it

EDIT: hmm, maybe it's nothing to do with the hudl at all, some of the posts on this page here sound like others have experienced problems with the 'always on bottom' option on other devices

Edited by flurry