Messed up my Liquid E... sort of

Guest adamj098

Guest adamj098

Hey Folks (if anyone still uses this forum)

I've recently acquired an Acer Liquid E.

It was jailbroken/rooted... but stupid me I tried updating it with the official OS from acer.ca (Rogers firmware I guess)

Phone now doesn't load. It powers up and everything, but freezes at the Acer Andriod screen. I've come across tutorials on how to root it again but every link they provide for bin files is old + broken.

Any help would be appreciated. Even a link to a proper 2.1 Eclair .bin file would be awesome... can't seem to find one. I don't need anything fancy... just would like this phone working again.

Thanks.

Guest end222

Hey Folks (if anyone still uses this forum)

I've recently acquired an Acer Liquid E.

It was jailbroken/rooted... but stupid me I tried updating it with the official OS from acer.ca (Rogers firmware I guess)

Phone now doesn't load. It powers up and everything, but freezes at the Acer Andriod screen. I've come across tutorials on how to root it again but every link they provide for bin files is old + broken.

Any help would be appreciated. Even a link to a proper 2.1 Eclair .bin file would be awesome... can't seem to find one. I don't need anything fancy... just would like this phone working again.

Thanks.

Hi!

You must search and download acer download tools and then download an offcial .bin that can be downloaded here: http://www.acer.es/ac/es/ES/content/drivers (it's in spanish sorry)

Then boot your phone into recovery (power, volume down and camera at the same time) and connect it to the computer. After that launch acer download tools, select the .bin and press start.

I hope I have helped you ;)

Guest adamj098

Hi end222,

Thanks for replying.

I've downloaded everything from the Canadian Acer site for the Liquid E.

The problem is there is no actual .bin file to download. I download the OS (.zip) but no .bin in there either...

Guest end222

Hi end222,

Thanks for replying.

I've downloaded everything from the Canadian Acer site for the Liquid E.

The problem is there is no actual .bin file to download. I download the OS (.zip) but no .bin in there either...

I made a mistake sorry... in that page you can download the roms in .zip and when you extract that .zip you get some files where there is an executable. If you run that executable with the phone connected to the computer you can flash the rom with that executable instead of using acer download tools.

To get the .bin for acer donwload tools there's a thread in modaco with all the official bins.

Good luck!! :)