Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest jay0ind

I have a problem with AOSP, it comes with a 'pirated' version of Nova installed.

I have purchased Nova, but i cant seem to install the legit version, i get an error message about signatures being wrong.

I tried everything, but still cant install legit everything.

Also, with the official rom, my apps are dissapearing after every reboot, wether i install them on internal or external storage.

Any help with those 2 issues?

Use this application to uninstall Nova or any system application...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jumobile.manager.systemapp

Guest prile

What kind of cases do you guys use, if you use any? I'm waiting for my f1, and I'm in a search of a decent case. I don't like flip cases so this one got my attention, especially because it has some kind of 'grip' surface (not flat and 'slippery' like f1 default back), what do you think of it?

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1741343760.html

I assume no one uses screen protectors because of the gorilla glass, but I'd like to hear your opinions anyway.

P.s. Please accept my apology if it's not allowed to put links on shops

Guest Maringer

What kind of cases do you guys use, if you use any? I'm waiting for my f1, and I'm in a search of a decent case. I don't like flip cases so this one got my attention, especially because it has some kind of 'grip' surface (not flat and 'slippery' like f1 default back), what do you think of it?

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/1741343760.html

I assume no one uses screen protectors because of the gorilla glass, but I'd like to hear your opinions anyway.

P.s. Please accept my apology if it's not allowed to put links on shops

I've got this Nillkin case. Very good, especially since it can be ordered from China for less than 5 quid including delivery (around 7 Euros).

Lightweight, yet sturdy and the texture on the back of the case actually does make the phone a lot more grippable. I've bought a red one and it makes the phone look very smart. I'd definitely recommend this case.

There are other similar lightweight cases around from different manufacturers and I'm sure one or two users on here will be able to comment on them.

Guest slime00

I'm with the silicone case they sent me with the phone, it's the cheapest you can find on aliexpress (2,5-3 €) but it does the job pretty well. It's slim and the grip is decent, it saved me already two edgy hits on the back of the phone, receiving only two  very small cuts! What I really like from this is that every part of the phone is covered, with other cases upside and downside parts are exposed (that should also be the case of the Nillkin case). For sure the Nillkin case is really gorgeus, the grip is fabolous and is stronger when taking hits, it's from another category!  But the only thing it stopped me to buy it is about the parts exposed, if you don't mind it, go for it!

Edited by slime00

Guest prile

I'm a bit clumsy and my last phone, cubot gt99, has taken some severe hits and falls. It resulted with a broken/disconnected antenna. I had it fixd the first time, but it happened again, lol, and now it can't recognize sim cards so im using it like a smaller tablet on wifi.

But cubot's plastic quality and its hardness is much worse than coolpad's, as I could tell when I saw it/touched it.

So I'll have to try out the both options, altought I prefer this nilkin cause of its looks :)

Screen protectors anyone? You guys think it's not necessary?

Guest Maringer

The Nillkin case comes with a screen protector and my seller also sent me one for free when I bought the phone. No use to me, however, as I don't bother with screen protectors!

I keep the phone in my trouser pocket and make sure I don't put keys/coins in that side so no issues with scratches.

Guest johnickz

In the last version of Emjot there is a program called MTKtweak. Inside there are some options, the first says about Performance and it is balanced but in the second the memory is in 1G Recommended. Shall I change it to 2G Recommended or there is something else?

Whats the preloaded from the phone options? How can I remove this program?

In addition what is the WSM tools?!

Thank you!

Guest borsosg

WSM Tools is MIUI variant of Gravity Box - a lot of extra tweaks and such...

Just found a Baidu Drive with a lot of China roms for our phone:

Coolpad F1 WCDMA roms collection at Baidu Drive (zbrn)

Nice to see you here, Prile! :D

Baidu Drive need password... :unsure:

Edited by borsosg

Guest prile

WSM Tools is MIUI variant of Gravity Box - a lot of extra tweaks and such...

Just found a Baidu Drive with a lot of China roms for our phone:

Coolpad F1 WCDMA roms collection at Baidu Drive (zbrn)

Nice to see you here, Prile! :D

Nice to see you too :)

What rom are you currently on? which one was the one i saw on your phone?

Is that lenovo camera stil the best choice, by your opinion?

Guest emjot

Me nillkin case arrived today and me very satisfied. :D It is a black one...

Nikillin seems good at first, but after a month of heavy use it just didn't work well. It does not tightly fit the phone, and it gets dirty underneath, even small things like sand can get under and scratch your phone. Now I am using just silicon case I got with it and waiting for IMAK (transparent) one to check it out.

Guest Maringer

I've noticed that battery life on emjot's v03 and v04 of his MIUI is noticeably inferior to the v02 release I was previously using. Still perfectly usable, but I'm not sure what might have changed between the different versions.

It appears I'm getting quite a lot of partial wakelocks related to Google location services. I wonder if the force close issue with Maps has anything to do with this additional battery drain?