Coolpad F1 8297w

Guest bryfly

Guest dakok

@Pletko

If you can install drivers and they show up correctly in control panel - without question mark, I think I found a solution

for root problem

You should use Flashtools - but only to insert CWM into phone

After that you can flash any rom (the ones with the root, too) and flash gapps, too 

This is the guide from Damian:

http://www.gizbeat.com/3774/how-to-flash-cwm-without-root-with-sp-flash-tool/

Another guide (just to take a look if in doubt for some steps)

http://androidcure.com/install-cwm-recovery-micromax-a91/

#################################################################

Files / tools are in the first post (Unbrick guide & tools)

Important details from spanish forum (translated)

if you do it download, uncheck preloader and phone info to prevent an almost insurmountable brick

kenzoxs:
Here you have an account, the officer coolpad: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3727302810&uk=1295327927 The password to access is: eb3q Care to flash, leading preloader, phone.inf, etc.. do not let it go worse than this, in fact what I would do would just flash the cwm recovery with the scatter of the ROM and then copy one of the ROMS to SD and install from CWM. Greetings

javiruno:
I've tried has put it, but I get the message ERROR BROM: S_BROM_CMD_JUMP_DA_FAIL (2035)....
God is risen. Tested 40 times, eventually swallowed him flash-tool by pressing the power button while I plugged the usb. He activated all options File scatter and swallowed everything. 2nd chance. I am grateful for the Kenzoxs link.

later from javiruno, once again:

javiruno:
I went out an error message when pricked the usb in the mobile (no battery), if not been for the drivers or what. But I started to swallow the entire firm when I punch the usb as she pressed the power button. It had all the options enabled but I was advised to activate only recovery option. At the end I was left with the Chinese / English rom without root and recovery of the house. As fábrfica. 
Hopefully my experience I serve something.

Procedure:

Edited by dakok

Guest pletko

Ok, right about now i feel stupid as a mofo. It turns out that my download broke couple of kbs before finish and the tip file was corrupted because of that. I finale have gapps on my phone, tnx dakok. Could you pls link the tutorial for flash tools version?

Guest dakok

Take a look upstairs :)

Could you do me a favor now?

Write a short guide for getting gapps without root. There was a lot of unclear stuff in that guide/advices :D

I wonder if that works for other phones too?

Edited by dakok

Guest Maringer

Well, after some dextrous use of a craft knife, I've trimmed down my SIM and transferred all my apps and data across to my F1.

I'm using the AOSP ROM and initial impressions are good. The screen quality of the phone is excellent, downloading and installing apps seems to work quickly, as should be the case with a 8-core phone with 2GB memory! Seems like an excellent purchase for the price. GPS fix is very fast in comparison to my previous phone with accuracy around 10 feet which isn't too bad and overall cell reception seems pretty good, as you would hope for from a large phone such as this - plenty of room for a decent antenna!

I'm looking forward to mucking around with the phone a bit more as well. The AOSP ROM comes with Gravitybox installed which contains some very useful tweaks.

Just waiting for a 64GB memory card to arrive now as I seem to have almost filled up my 32GB card. I'll have to see about trying MIUI and other apps as well though I am hoping for KitKat ROMs to appear for this phone, especially as other manufacturers are producing them for the MT6592 devices.

Edited by Maringer

Guest pletko

Write a short guide for getting gapps without root. There was a lot of unclear stuff in that guide/advices :D

nothing to it, really. i just downloaded the zip file and right-clicked it ->send to -> coolpad 8297w in my computer. after that i went to developer options, down to the bottom, pressed the gms package install and pressed ok. the phone turned off and when i turned it on (manually, it didn't start on its own), it updated the apps and voila. i have gapps now :)

Guest slime00

Well, after some dextrous use of a craft knife, I've trimmed down my SIM and transferred all my apps and data across to my F1.

I'm using the AOSP ROM and initial impressions are good. The screen quality of the phone is excellent, downloading and installing apps seems to work quickly, as should be the case with a 8-core phone with 2GB memory! Seems like an excellent purchase for the price. GPS fix is very fast in comparison to my previous phone with accuracy around 10 feet which isn't too bad and overall cell reception seems pretty good, as you would hope for from a large phone such as this - plenty of room for a decent antenna!

I'm looking forward to mucking around with the phone a bit more as well. The AOSP ROM comes with Gravitybox installed which contains some very useful tweaks.

Just waiting for a 64GB memory card to arrive now as I seem to have almost filled up my 32GB card. I'll have to see about trying MIUI and other apps as well though I am hoping for KitKat ROMs to appear for this phone, especially as other manufacturers are producing them for the MT6592 devices.

Are you sure the phone supports the 64gb sdcard? Everywhere it says 32gb max, maybe it's better to test with a borrowed 64gb card and see what happens!

Guest dalyer

Just thinking the same thing myself when I read that!

On the other hand I have seen phones accepting 64GB cards even when the umpf said 32GB max...

Guest pletko

erm... i installed swiftkey and set it up, chose as the default input type but it disappeared. the icon stands in the drawer but when i click on it, it says the app is not installed. also, has anyone managed to change launchers? i installed apex and am able to run it but cannot set it to default. stupid.

Guest Maringer

Are you sure the phone supports the 64gb sdcard? Everywhere it says 32gb max, maybe it's better to test with a borrowed 64gb card and see what happens!

I'm just assuming it will work OK. My old (old) phone, a Motorola Atrix apparently supports 64GB cards OK (though you do need format them in NTFS), despite no specific support for SDXC. Fingers-crossed there won't be a problem with the Coolpad.

The card only cost 25 quid so that's not too much of a risk, even if I do encounter problems.

Guest pletko

Flashtools - cwm - change rom :)

easier said than done. chinese sites are so slow that it pisses me off. next thing are the links for sptools which are all either wrong version or dead so most of the tutorials don't work. or my browser just kills the connection after waiting for the chinese website to load. terribly, terribly slow servers out there in china...

and now i cannot get it to flash :) i am really bad with this sp flash tool, odin was soooo much better :)

Edited by pletko

Guest h3dshot

Glad to see it's working out for you!

Are you also experiencing the crashing bug when opening specific settings? (i think it was data and security?)

Guest Maringer

Glad to see it's working out for you!

Are you also experiencing the crashing bug when opening specific settings? (i think it was data and security?)

On the AOSP ROM I've installed (thanks to Jonzalvo on the Spanish forum), no crashes at all so far.

Guest Robi4ok

nothing to it, really. i just downloaded the zip file and right-clicked it ->send to -> coolpad 8297w in my computer. after that i went to developer options, down to the bottom, pressed the gms package install and pressed ok. the phone turned off and when i turned it on (manually, it didn't start on its own), it updated the apps and voila. i have gapps now :)

Hi everybody!

Glad to hear that somebody can install gaaps without root. I tried many methods but no result. I also made like you said(downloaded the zip file and right-clicked it ->send to -> coolpad 8297w) but also fail. 

I have coolpad f1 8297w, 021 official version and can't root my phone. Please write in details how to install gaaps without root. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Robi4ok

Guest goodfella123

A few questions if someone would be kind enough to answer them.

1/ Would someone be able to verify the information in these rooting guides? I think starting a guide on Modaco would be worthwhile now that there is a lot of feedback. 

http://androidxda.com/root-coolpad-f1-8297

http://www.jellydroid.com/2014/02/easily-root-coolpad-f18297-with-this-simple-guide/

2/ Is this phone newer than the F1 Halo?

3/ What are the main differences between this and the halo other than the screen?

Reason i ask is because i liked the idea of having a 4G enabled phone. Unfortunately i have been reading that China's 4G network is not compatible with UK 4G.

4/ Is this correct, no 4G phone from China will work on UK 4G as yet?

Guest pletko

first thing you should try is downloading the file again and again because chinese ftp servers are pretty bad so download can simply be incomplete, as it was in my case.

other things you should try is downloading it from some other site. if you are willing to wait, i am uploading it to mega so you can have a safe and fast download.

i just copied the file into the root of my phone (so it's storage/emulated/0/ folder) and went to settings>develoer options>gms package install

the only thing here that could be bugging you is getting the developer options menu. this is done by going to setings>about phone and pressing the Build number section 8 times (or as much as it takes for you to become a developer, i.e. get that menu - you will be notified by a toast message "You are now a developer")

that's pretty much it, i will be posting the link as soon as it's uploaded.

Guest goodfella123

Forgot to add, has anyone ordered the F1 from http://en.jd.com/ ?

Would it be safe to assume jd.com are a reliable seller as they have a contract with CoolPad?

The reason i ask is because they are selling the white F1 for £101 with free shipping. The only thing i am unsure about is the Singapore shipping logo next to the 'add to wishlist' button. Would this mean a long delivery time?

I did a mock purchase to see if there are other shipping options available, but i couldn't see anything, although it did say 'Superior Logistic-Service-Provider ONLY to Secure Your Order Delivery'. 

edit: US 7-12, Canada 8-14, UK 5-10, Australia 4-8, Europe 6-12, SE Asia 3-7 days.

Edited by goodfella123

Guest Robi4ok

first thing you should try is downloading the file again and again because chinese ftp servers are pretty bad so download can simply be incomplete, as it was in my case.

other things you should try is downloading it from some other site. if you are willing to wait, i am uploading it to mega so you can have a safe and fast download.

i just copied the file into the root of my phone (so it's storage/emulated/0/ folder) and went to settings>develoer options>gms package install

the only thing here that could be bugging you is getting the developer options menu. this is done by going to setings>about phone and pressing the Build number section 8 times (or as much as it takes for you to become a developer, i.e. get that menu - you will be notified by a toast message "You are now a developer")

that's pretty much it, i will be posting the link as soon as it's uploaded.

Thanks, hope your file will solve the problem.

By the way can you post hashtab of that zip file?

Guest pletko

http://www.speedyshare.com/fNKwN/presetgms-Coolpad-8297W.zip

md5: d6760a20ec2d4465d4c4ae22d9c4d6a6

edit

i will be uploading to zippyshare since this hosting obviously requires to download some sort of client.i guess they changed something since my last upload...

here it is

http://www50.zippyshare.com/v/21812911/file.html

guess no need for this since you already downloaded the file but.. good to have :)

Edited by pletko

Guest Maringer

Would it be safe to assume jd.com are a reliable seller as they have a contract with CoolPad?

Never ordered anything from JD myself, but dakok mentioned that they are a big, reliable seller.

I'd assume that delivery must be by Singapore Post which is reputedly quite a reliable service, if not the fastest. A price of just over £101 is excellent, but I expect you would be waiting a few weeks to receive the phone. I attempted to buy a phone from a different seller last year (a Haier phone which dalyer on this forum owns), but at the time, the order was cancelled as Singapore Post had stopped shipping packages to the UK due to a Li-Ion battery regulation scare. I'd imagine things may have changed since then.

Guest Robi4ok

http://www.speedyshare.com/fNKwN/presetgms-Coolpad-8297W.zip

md5: d6760a20ec2d4465d4c4ae22d9c4d6a6

edit

i will be uploading to zippyshare since this hosting obviously requires to download some sort of client.i guess they changed something since my last upload...

My zip files hushtab is same as yours. i put it in storage/emulated/0/ but still no success. it writes GMS package is not found... :( 

Guest dakok

The reason i ask is because they are selling the white F1 for £101 with free shipping. The only thing i am unsure about is the Singapore shipping logo next to the 'add to wishlist' button. Would this mean a long delivery time?

I did a mock purchase to see if there are other shipping options available, but i couldn't see anything, although it did say 'Superior Logistic-Service-Provider ONLY to Secure Your Order Delivery'. 

edit: US 7-12, Canada 8-14, UK 5-10, Australia 4-8, Europe 6-12, SE Asia 3-7 days.

JD is among three largest china on-line stores. It should be reliable. I thought about ordering from them but they do not deliver tablets and phones to Croatia. Singapore post is a reliable service.

My order from aliexpress was sent thru Singapore post and it arrived in 6 days to Croatia. I asked few modaco members why not ordering from JD and they replied that JD sends the original bill inside the package and that would mean 100% probability of paying UK taxes :D

Guest goodfella123

Makes sense now.

Does anyone know about the 4G thing?

Is the F1 4G?

Is it true that China's 4G is different to UK and therefore Chinese phones are not compatible with UK 4G? 

Guest dalyer

Does anyone know about the 4G thing?

Is the F1 4G?

Is it true that China's 4G is different to UK and therefore Chinese phones are not compatible with UK 4G? 

I can't find any mention of 4G in relation to the Coolpad F1 8297W if that's what you mean so I am pretty sure that it's not.

You mentioned the F1 Halo separately above but are you sure that this is not just the same as the F1 8297?!?

http://www.coolpad.com/en/products%20-%20F1.html

Perhaps "Halo" is another translation of the "Great God" term that often appears in the name of the F1 8297[W]?

This suggests that China's 4G is based on different standards to European/other 4G...

http://www.ADVERT LINK REMOVED.com/news/Chinese-Android-phones-pros-and-cons-part-1-price-4G-LTE-and-clones_id49599

Of course, there’s the undeniable problem of China’s reliance on a 4G TDD-LTE network, instead of the FDD-LTE standard that the rest of the world uses.
Edited by dalyer