help,after a year use osd turn off with no reason

Guest leepeter197924

Guest leepeter197924

i had this phone more than a year,the phone start to turn off with no reason the battery is pretty bad only last 3-4 hours,after it turn off i can switch back on the battery still show 60% on it ,some time it turn off again straight away,some time after a little while.still have around 70 pound credit from orange dont think this phone can sell on ebay for any money,is factory reset gonna help? or this phone is dead? please help!

Guest BlueMoonRising

you mean this phone is useless now,?

I'm afraid so unless you can find a new battery and solder it in, presuming of course that it is the battery.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Roger Barnett

This is happening to me too now. It's really annoying.

This morning, after the phone had charged over night, no sooner had I unplugged it then it shut itself down.

I can't help thinking this has something to do with the sd card - whilst on holiday recently I removed the sd card so that I could transfer some photos from my other camera sd card, via the Osd on to drop box. It seemed to work fine, but could it be possible that in the process I have disrupted something on the system?

Hence Rather than going down the new battery route, I'm thinking that a reset of some sort should be the first approach. Any suggestions?

I'm on the xolo 299mb version, with no other updates.

What's the best way to go about it with minimum disruption?

Factory reset?

Can it be done using Rickys tool?

Guest Roger Barnett

I think the problem is the battery, you can change it, at least in China you can buy with $ 4 an entirely appropriate

Google translate

Do you mean through ebay?

Guest BlueMoonRising

This is happening to me too now. It's really annoying.

This morning, after the phone had charged over night, no sooner had I unplugged it then it shut itself down.

I can't help thinking this has something to do with the sd card - whilst on holiday recently I removed the sd card so that I could transfer some photos from my other camera sd card, via the Osd on to drop box. It seemed to work fine, but could it be possible that in the process I have disrupted something on the system?

Hence Rather than going down the new battery route, I'm thinking that a reset of some sort should be the first approach. Any suggestions?

I'm on the xolo 299mb version, with no other updates.

What's the best way to go about it with minimum disruption?

Factory reset?

Can it be done using Rickys tool?

If you're on the original ICS rom then you can just do a factory reset and maybe clear the cache(?) via recovery. I'm not sure it'll make any difference mind. I would first try clearing the cache(?) via recovery first which means you don't need to reinstall anything.

Guest Roger Barnett

If you're on the original ICS rom then you can just do a factory reset and maybe clear the cache(?) via recovery. I'm not sure it'll make any difference mind. I would first try clearing the cache(?) via recovery first which means you don't need to reinstall anything.

You mean power button / volume down to get the droid bot, then to the next menu and select 'wipe cache partition'?

Guest BlueMoonRising

You mean power button / volume down to get the droid bot, then to the next menu and select 'wipe cache partition'?

Yeah, that's the one. It's non-destructive so should be your first port of call.

Guest Roger Barnett

Yeah, that's the one. It's non-destructive so should be your first port of call.

So, after the phone had a few 'shutdown fits' this week I decided that I had nothing to lose. Wiped cache partition, but it had no effect - if anything it got worse.

It always seems to shut down several times in a row before eventually recovering ie

After the initial shutdown, I'll restart the phone, will get to the home screen then shutdown almost immediately. On this occasion,after it not recovering several times I noticed that the only remedy after repeated shutdowns is to plug in the charging cable, which suggests that it is battery related since the battery was already fully charged overnight.

Sorry if this is repeated somewhere else but can anyone recommend a good tool / app that will analyse my battery for 'deep discharge'?

Guest BlueMoonRising

So, after the phone had a few 'shutdown fits' this week I decided that I had nothing to lose. Wiped cache partition, but it had no effect - if anything it got worse.

It always seems to shut down several times in a row before eventually recovering ie

After the initial shutdown, I'll restart the phone, will get to the home screen then shutdown almost immediately. On this occasion,after it not recovering several times I noticed that the only remedy after repeated shutdowns is to plug in the charging cable, which suggests that it is battery related since the battery was already fully charged overnight.

Sorry if this is repeated somewhere else but can anyone recommend a good tool / app that will analyse my battery for 'deep discharge'?

I've got no experience of anything like that but a search for 'Battery Calibration' on the Play Store throws up a lot of options which may just be fluff but may be worth a look?

I think most work by removing the batterystats.bin system file when the phone is fully charged (and then rebooted?) so you get an accurate battery discharge stats over 3 or 4 charge cycles.

Guest Roger Barnett

Having just googled "android phone shuts off", there are a lot of posts suggesting that the root cause is the app(s).

I've started to uninstall the apps which I've had since just before the problem started.

Will update you soon.

Guest Roger Barnett

Having just googled "android phone shuts off", there are a lot of posts suggesting that the root cause is the app(s).

I've started to uninstall the apps which I've had since just before the problem started.

Will update you soon.

Tried uninstalling a few apps, to no avail.

The shutdown only ever occurs when no charging cable plugged in - it's gotta be battery related.

I think I'm going to go for a factory reset.

Guest Raihan42

Tried uninstalling a few apps, to no avail.

The shutdown only ever occurs when no charging cable plugged in - it's gotta be battery related.

I think I'm going to go for a factory reset.

Did the factory reset do anything?

Guest Roger Barnett

Did the factory reset do anything?

Just applied the reset.

So far so good but the problem can take up to a day to re-occur.

After about 2 days with no problems I was just about to post the good news on here.. As I was writing the post the phone shut down with about 70% battery left. Doh!

The conclusion is that after the factory reset (I also re flashed update.Zip), the problem does improve, but has not completely disappeared. I'll log any further shut - downs, as they happen.

Edited by Roger Barnett

Guest BlueMoonRising

Another thought - is there any kind of log file that would yield some clues as to why the system shuts down?

The only log I'm aware of is Logcat which is a circular log. There are apps for the PC that will display it in real time while the phone is plugged into the PC but if it's random shutdowns you'd have to get lucky. If it only shuts down when unplugged of course you'd be snookered.

Guest Slay3r07

Battery is very bad in xolo x900.

My phone is almost 2 years old ... had the same problem after 1 year ... random power off anywhere, anytime, even if i had more than 50 percent battery.

Went to xolo care for help, they didn't knew anything, asked them for a new battery they didn't had that too.

So after much research i made a custom battery, and my phone works like a new till today !

Details :-

Got this battery of ERD company SMG Wave 525(S5253) more details here http://www.erdglobal.com/nokia-compatible-batteries.html#samsung

Remove ur battery and get the connecting pannel from the old (original stock) battery. or just try to connect the three wires with the new battery ... left - right for +ve and -ve

middle connection for feedback and temperature sensor !

if u want i can send u a image of my phone and connections !

Guest BlueMoonRising

Battery is very bad in xolo x900.

My phone is almost 2 years old ... had the same problem after 1 year ... random power off anywhere, anytime, even if i had more than 50 percent battery.

Went to xolo care for help, they didn't knew anything, asked them for a new battery they didn't had that too.

So after much research i made a custom battery, and my phone works like a new till today !

Details :-

Got this battery of ERD company SMG Wave 525(S5253) more details here http://www.erdglobal.com/nokia-compatible-batteries.html#samsung

Remove ur battery and get the connecting pannel from the old (original stock) battery. or just try to connect the three wires with the new battery ... left - right for +ve and -ve

middle connection for feedback and temperature sensor !

Well done on finding a compatible battery although this is in India of course.

http://www.erdglobal.com/nokia-compatible-batteries.html#samsung

Samsung Compatible Batteries

MODEL SMG Wave 525(S5253)

PART. NO. HCEB494353VU

COMPATIBILITY Wave 525(S5253)/Wave 575(S5750)/ Wave 533

Searching in the UK Amazon have a range of Samsung S525 compatible batteries for less that £6 with free delivery :-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st_review-rank?keywords=samsung+wave+525+battery&qid=1402820605&rh=n%3A560798%2Cn%3A1340509031%2Cn%3A560826%2Cn%3A329078031%2Ck%3Asamsung+wave+525+battery&sort=review-rank

eBay have even cheaper versions with free delivery :-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/180771594603?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108 at just £3.49

Lots of other options :- https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1CHIK_enGB539GB539&es_sm=93&biw=1746&bih=878&q=samsung+wave+525+battery&revid=1699001368&sa=X&ei=P1edU4b_PIbbPIvzgGA&ved=0CGwQ1QIoAQ#q=samsung+wave+525+battery&tbm=shop

Note that I've not tried any of these and if I remember correctly you'll have to use a soldering iron.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Post a picture up on here since the photos show 4 connections if you could.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roger Barnett

Post a picture up on here since the photos show 4 connections if you could.

Yes please , also from me , post a photo please.

I've bought the battery you recommended and now ready to solder in , but I'm a little bit cautious...

Could'nt find a step - by step 'how to ' any where on this site.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Yes please , also from me , post a photo please.

I've bought the battery you recommended and now ready to solder in , but I'm a little bit cautious...

Could'nt find a step - by step 'how to ' any where on this site.

I think that's because you're more a less a ground breaker ;)

Which battery did you get? Does it look the right size?

You may have to PM him.

Guest Roger Barnett

I went for the ebay one you put the link in for. Seller techie_2. (thanks)

Got as far as taking cover off last night, prising out old battery (yes, the new battery seems to fit over the old ones 'footprint')

I guess I need to use the soldering iron to' un solder ' the old battery 1st?

Guest BlueMoonRising

I went for the ebay one you put the link in for. Seller techie_2. (thanks)

Got as far as taking cover off last night, prising out old battery (yes, the new battery seems to fit over the old ones 'footprint')

I guess I need to use the soldering iron to' un solder ' the old battery 1st?

Definately.