help,after a year use osd turn off with no reason

Guest leepeter197924

Guest Roger Barnett

Post a picture up on here since the photos show 4 connections if you could.

I asked him by PM to send me the photo, but no response as yet.

What did you mean about 4 connections?

I've managed to prise the battery out, (the battery is orientated such that the soldered connections are underneath)

once turned over, the soldered connections are exposed, ready to be unsoldered.

This is as far as I've got - I'm not confident enough with my soldering to be able to solder the 3 short wires to the new battery.

Hopefully Slash3r will read my PM and post the photo of the connections on the homemade version of his battery.

Edited by Roger Barnett

Guest BlueMoonRising

I asked him by PM to send me the photo, but no response as yet.

What did you mean about 4 connections?

I've managed to prise the battery out, (the battery is orientated such that the soldered connections are underneath)

once turned over, the soldered connections are exposed, ready to be unsoldered.

This is as far as I've got - I'm not confident enough with my soldering to be able to solder the 3 short wires to the new battery.

Hopefully Slash3r will read my PM and post the photo of the connections on the homemade version of his battery.

The one he linked to (in India) had 4 connections on the web picture. How many has the one you bought?

Either find someone who's comfy soldering or practise a few times on some scrap wires until you're more settled, I wouldn't recommend attaching your battery to be your first ;)

Guest Roger Barnett

The one he linked to (in India) had 4 connections on the web picture. How many has the one you bought?

I see what you mean, but the battery shown is not the battery he specified, which I have bought. It has 3 connections, 2 of which are labelled + and -.

Guest BlueMoonRising

The third connection is presumably for monitoring purposes. Are the original connections marked up? If so at least you know what goes where. Good luck, let us know how you get on and if it is the battery that was causing you problems.

Guest Roger Barnett

I have unsoldered the old battery, and after twisting the wires round (the terminals on the new battery are the other way round), i've managed a bit of a bodge of soldering the wires to the new battery, including melting the plastic battery case near the terminals. But it works! Although I decided not to bother with the middle wire (temperature), since it looked like it might bridge the +ve and -ve terminals and cause problems.

I'm currently charging battery, and after that will give it a good workout, to see if it has solved the shutdown problem.

Fingers crossed...

Edit: I've just realised that, although the charging symbol is shown on the upper RHS screen, the battery is not increasing in charge, and this is confirmed by the "discharging" status shown if I look under battery in the settings.

This is not good news : (

I wander if it's because I didn't connect the middle wire. It would be useful if Slash3er would respond, with photo of the connections please.

Edited by Roger Barnett

Guest BlueMoonRising

I have unsoldered the old battery, and after twisting the wires round (the terminals on the new battery are the other way round), i've managed a bit of a bodge of soldering the wires to the new battery, including melting the plastic battery case near the terminals. But it works! Although I decided not to bother with the middle wire (temperature), since it looked like it might bridge the +ve and -ve terminals and cause problems.

I'm currently charging battery, and after that will give it a good workout, to see if it has solved the shutdown problem.

Fingers crossed...

Edit: I've just realised that, although the charging symbol is shown on the upper RHS screen, the battery is not increasing in charge, and this is confirmed by the "discharging" status shown if I look under battery in the settings.

This is not good news : (

I wander if it's because I didn't connect the middle wire. It would be useful if Slash3er would respond, with photo of the connections please.

Yeah, pretty sure you need the middle wire connected for reporting purposes.

Edit :- Perhaps you need to Google how to solder correctly?, always make sure you tin the ends of the wires and the tabs first. Unless your soldering iron tip is too big you shouldn't be melting the battery case.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

Guest Roger Barnett

I've run out of patience with this phone.

Today I bit the bullet and went out and bought a Motorola Moto E for £99 from Tesco, unlocked.

Will put my orange sim in it till the contract expires in September, then move over to giff gaff.

Might try the battery fix at a later date, but till then the OSD is being resigned to the draw.

Guest BlueMoonRising

I've run out of patience with this phone.

Today I bit the bullet and went out and bought a Motorola Moto E for £99 from Tesco, unlocked.

Will put my orange sim in it till the contract expires in September, then move over to giff gaff.

Might try the battery fix at a later date, but till then the OSD is being resigned to the draw.

Sorry you couldn't get it sorted, if we'd been in the same area I'd have offered to solder it for you (or attempt it anyway ;) ).

My son got a new contract phone yesterday to replace his faulty (battery charging problem) Galaxy S2. He went for the Sony Xperia M2 and it's awfully tempting...

My OSD may be running hotter than it used to, I may start playing more games to hurry it up before speaking to the wife about a very early Xmas present.

Guest Roger Barnett

With hindsight, my soldering was terrible!

I should have bought something like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-pcs-6-5cm-Solder-Tab-For-Sub-C-14500-18650-battery-/151343191185?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item233cc1d491

I'm still determined to make it work, might even buy another battery.

Would be nice to have the OSD as a spare phone

Guest Roger Barnett

Upon examination of the old battery I've taken out of the OSD, the specification is :

4.2V, or 3.7V (I'm not sure - it says both, next to some chinese writing)

5.4Wh

1460 mAh

The new battery recommended by Slay3r07, is

3.7V

4.44 Wh

1200mAh

Could this caus e an issue?

I wish Slay3r07 would respond - seeing some photo's of his successful installation would inspire me with new confidence!

Guest BlueMoonRising

Upon examination of the old battery I've taken out of the OSD, the specification is :

4.2V, or 3.7V (I'm not sure - it says both, next to some chinese writing)

5.4Wh

1460 mAh

The new battery recommended by Slay3r07, is

3.7V

4.44 Wh

1200mAh

Could this caus e an issue?

I wish Slay3r07 would respond - seeing some photo's of his successful installation would inspire me with new confidence!

It shouldn't cause any problems short of not lasting as long as an original battery in good condition.

Guest Slay3r07

Sry for the late post .... was busy since college have started .... after reading the above post .... i need to do some explaining ....

1st lets start with the battery : -

All mid range cell phone works fine on 3.7 volts ... so the battery is not the issue .... the ratings on the old battery (which is in Chinese / Japanese ) stats that it requires 4.2 volt of charge for charging and have a output volt of 3.7 volts ...

The current rating i.e 22000mah or 1200mah etc will determine how strong the battery is ... like how long will it work on load .

2nd the connections : -

If u are holding ur phone normally or looking at it when the camera is facing top ... u will see 5 wires ..

2 red at left                   1 black in middle                    2 black at right

connect both the left red wire to the +ve terminal of the battery

connect both the right black wire to the -ve terminal of the battery

and pls dont neglect the middle wire i did the same at first .... the middle wire is responsible for the temperature and charging status signals.

so when ever the phone is being charged the middle black wire sends a signal to the phone that yes the phone is in charging state and the charging percentage ....

if u dont connect the middle wire ... the phone will not charge the battery .... it will be on hold all the time !

i will try to send a image of my phone .... but i just have one phone and cannot take pictures of the back connections with the same phone camera !

But after this explanation i think u can manage it !