[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

do you keep post nightlys on your mediafire mate?

Yes. They are in the nightly folder -> https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7l9l157rbu7dr/android_kernel_huawai_Y300-J1

But those builds can differ from each other. For example i revert GPU OC on the release where I worked on hotplugging.

The reason is simple: the less you change, the easier you can track problems.

Edited by Guest

Guest gregySK

Hey does this kernel support wake gesture?? I found this! can we use this??

Yes.For example I have in my launcher swipe options and everything work fine.post-1034795-1401643282348_thumb.jpg

Guest fonz93

@moddingg33k, i tried all repacks for cm10, cm10.1 and cm11, these ROM, after flashing your stock kernel, seem to have the same RAM management as stock ROM, and is not so good, there is always low ram and games are not running very well as they could... so i did a test, i tried to repack stock cm11 kernel for stock rom, and game performance are very very good, because the system frees more ram, while in gaming there is less less less lag, so i thought a thing, can be impletemented the same RAM management that cm11 kernel has, on huawei stock kernel? i can confirm you that there is a looot of difference between huawei RAM management and cyanogenmod (or it is for KitKat?) RAM management, i hope you can do that. Thank you

Edited by fonz93

Guest Victod

... so i did a test, i tried to repack stock cm11 kernel for stock rom, and game performance are very very good, because the system frees more ram, while in gaming there is less less less lag...

Can you share your repack of CM11's Kernel??

Guest fonz93

Can you share your repack of CM11's Kernel??

I will send you an mp tomorrow with chil360 kernel repack, (i deleted stock cm11 repack), but there is no wi-fi ap and i don't know if there are other bugs because i tried it only for 3 hours because i am not at home and i need the phone

I will take care about it as soon as the CPU driver and hotplugging are working as expected.

Due of my work and other reallife stuff I got not enough time I can spend on working on the kernel :/

Stable versions are always preferable of course. Nightlys are ahead of them, but not tested long enough to recommend them for every day usage.

Guest thetonyxx

Stable versions are always preferable of course. Nightlys are ahead of them, but not tested long enough to recommend them for every day usage.

the last nightly work fine, no bug and stable

Guest bogdanwp

I see. Thank you. I tried it . I thought it changes the background of other apps as well like contacts and messaging. 

Guest gregySK

I see. Thank you. I tried it . I thought it changes the background of other apps as well like contacts and messaging.

You can change theme as you wish.There are lot of themes on google market or mobogenie.

post-1034795-14017229937435_thumb.jpgpost-1034795-14017230070587_thumb.jpgpost-1034795-14017230216929_thumb.jpgpost-1034795-14017230371465_thumb.jpgpost-1034795-14017230490764_thumb.jpg

Guest sgspluss

new version?

Please do not ask question like this.

The Developer need his time and he will update it soon as possible, remember also the developers has his own life! ;)

I'm a average guy with a job and real-life, like anyone else, with an "special hobby" I spend my time on biggrin.png The time I got left for kernel development is rather small on most days.

At the moment I'm hung at improving the CPU-frequency-scaling part of the kernel by back-porting the linux 3.14 mainline cpu-frequency interface and attempting to build an custom arch specific scaling driver around it. This "scaling driver" currently implemented in our kernel isn't compatible with Linux's recent mainline.

I have to admit that it is only an attempt and I dunno whether I will succeed or not.

Feel free to keep on reporting issues and making suggestions. I will create an ToDo-List which I will update on my 1st post, so everyone can see what will be coming up next.

I got asked to update the FM-Radio driver, which I might do this weekend possibly. It's also planed to implement the ROW scheduler, which requires some slight updates to the block drivers.

Edited by Guest

Good work 

EDIT: I have created a version with adbd insicure of the stable version https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzzAs01nVR1DclZQSE91REVRSFk/edit?usp=sharing and can you tell me how is this folder /music_HWUserData created by init.rc ?

Dunno if I got your question. Take a look here for example: http://www.phonesdevelopers.com/1720242/

Android's LowMemoryKiller will get an update in the next release. Same goes for Linux's internal OOM handling.