[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Guest thetonyxx

noob ask, but:

why better low memory killer improve performace?

zram is not enought? :blink:

can not change the priority of processes?

I think this is the worst problem on android

Edited by thetonyxx

Guest fonz93

noob ask, but:

why better low memory killer improve performace?

zram is not enought? :blink:

can not change the priority of processes?

I think this is the worst problem on android

It will change RAM management and, if i am right, less lag when you open/close apps, better game performance etc.., all depends on what changes moddingg33k made Edited by fonz93

After testing those flags my phone froze after boot :D

I was expecting something like that already since those many flags looked like an overkill of goodness.

Sorry for my question: how is the FM radio related to the game?

EDIT: on which ROM are you? In case you are using CyanogenMOD 11 you need to wait for the next nightly with updated radio drivers.

Edited by Guest

Guest fabyo

I'm on stock, i play candycrush without sound to listen radio and if i use your kernel, radio crash. I try with stock kernel and cesxtel 0.62, work correctly

Hm...that's a really weird one, since I never touched the radio drivers yet nor anything related to it. I'll try to track it down if possible.

Guest Picvajzmen

since i flashed the last stable version im having trouble with wifi toggle button. it is not working. is it possible that it is kernel related? im thinking that its not but i gotta ask cause that is the only thing i changed - flashed kernel... :-)

Guest gregySK

since i flashed the last stable version im having trouble with wifi toggle button. it is not working. is it possible that it is kernel related? im thinking that its not but i gotta ask cause that is the only thing i changed - flashed kernel... :-)

I think that is kernel related because when I flash Cextel kernel wifi toggle work fine.

Guest thetonyxx

i have this problem whit the release of 28 may, whit the last no problem

I feel sorry for letting you wait that long for a new release. So I decided to share my current state of work with you.

This build is considered EXPERIMENTAL

Here are the changes compared to the nightly of 31.05.

• various patches and bugfixes (look at my GIT if you wanna know more -> https://github.com/moddingg33k/android_kernel_experimental/commits/master)
  • Frandom is getting used by default now. You don't need any further init.d scripts. Along with this change I patched some entropy depleting. Both changes combined result into the entropy pool being maxed @ 4096 all of the time. I expect some small energy savings by it since now less cycles are getting wasted to fill up the entropy pool.
  • UPDATES for:
    • Android's LowMemoryKiller
    • Linux's Out-Of-Memory management
    • Linux's task freezer
    • MSM's hot-plugging
  • updated toolchain to Linaro 4.9.1

Didn't have time to squash updates for the FM-Radio yet, sorry blush.png Neither for implementing ROW finally. But both will come soon in the next nightly.

DOWNLOAD LINK: Linaro 4.8.3 version || Linaro 4.9.1 version

Edited by Guest

Ooops, I'm sorry blush.png . It was kinda late already :D

Previous post got updated. Difference between Zola's Link and the other one is rather neglectable. I only changed the synopsis INIT script to adjust the default randomness kernel settings to better fit frandom:

/proc/sys/kernel/random/read_wakeup_threshold --> 256

/proc/sys/kernel/random/write_wakeup_threshold --> 512

Guest Domino2115

Where i can download it? I cant find right build on mediafire

Edit: oops sorry, i got it

Edited by Domino2115

Guest Domino2115

I think that "experimental" build is slower a lot, it opens dialer for 5 seconds with kernel from 31.5. it was opened in 1-2secs, also with facebook and with every app what i have installed. its my opinion after 30 minutes with lastest kernel Linaro 4.9.1 build, now testing Linaro 4.8.3

Edited by Domino2115

You are right. I don't expect this build to be as fast than the recent nightly, since OnDemand and the cpufreq driver are default again :/