[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

updated -EXPERIMENTAL- build: http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/16796797/file.html

• tryed to improve the auto-hotplug logic (also adjusted the default tuneable parameters)
  • updated and fixed the MSM-CPUfreq driver
  • various minor updated & patches

The kernel's auto-hotplug feature is still far from behaving ideally. Could be a little bit more "lazy" on this release. I'm trying to further improve it within the next days.

To re-enable MPDecision for comparison enter following 2 terminal commands:

echo N > /sys/module/autosmp/parameters/enabled
/system/bin/mpdecision --no_sleep --avg_comp &
Edited by Guest

As long everything is working fine and as desired there is no need for an upgrade. The current builds are not 100% done yet and still needs some refining, until the kernel auto-hotplug is working as desired.

The mpdecision binary is still present on everyone's ROM. I only prevent mpdecision from being started automatically and also disabled the call for "start mpdecision"

Guest Romagnolo1973

this new kernel seems better for my 2G use, tomorrow I will continue the check

I saw the Huawei partition of our Y300 and is terrible  :(

We have 1 gb in System partition that android use but only for 300-400 Mb so there are 600MB not used, and we have only 1Gb for data that is not enoucht considering Chrome and others apk use 80 MB.

There is a way to modify the partition via kernel or is too dangerous or impossible in this smartphone?

In my previous old Sony X10Mini a magician developer called NobodyAtAll (nAa) made a wonderfull kernell and changed partition table for this little smartphone (that incredibly at the moment i use with JB too even if is a 2010 smartphone)

Guest AssaSsiNMiLeS

With the new build I'm still experiencing quite a heavy delay when turning on the screen. With the 26/07 build (MPDecision) it is way better.

Guest Domino2115

I dont have any problems with that so far, these experimental builds are pretty faster than builds with mpdecision also gaming performance is better and battery seems to be good also.

With the new build I'm still experiencing quite a heavy delay when turning on the screen. With the 26/07 build (MPDecision) it is way better.

I need to check that next after finishing the hotplug thing. Might not be related to kernel-hotplug/mpdecision itself.

Updated Build (still - EXPERIMENTAL -, but safe for all-day-usage): http://www48.zippyshare.com/v/37652056/file.html

On this release I've rewritten most code of the auto-hotplug's kernel module, because I didn't become happy the way it did plug/unplug the 2nd core. Instead of simply counting the times a frequency threshold is met within in specific interval, it's now checking every x milliseconds, if a defined frequency threshold AND cpu load threshold is met at the same time. Therefore I renamed the tuneables of this module to reflect their meaning:

/sys/kernel/autosmp/conf:

• Frequency Thresholds (in MHz):
    • cpufreq_up
    • cpufreq_down
  • CPU Load Thresholds (0 - 100):
    • load_up
    • load_down
  • polling_ms (interval to check if conditions for plug/unplug are met)
  • scroff_single_core (if set to '1' the 2nd core will stay offline during screen is off - enabled by default)

The current defaults are:

• polling_ms -> 250 ms
  • Hotplug threshold:
    • cpufreq_up > 1.000.000 Hz
    • load_up > 80% cpu load
  • Unplug threshold:
    • cpufreq_down < 500.000 Hz
    • load_down < 10% cpu load

Please report your impressions and observations (real world tests, benchmark results, battery usage, ...)

Edited by Guest

Guest Romagnolo1973

It works perfectly, fast and stable, no problems with mp3 players, and GPS Navogation too, so for me is ok.

For battery consuption I need 2 day of use, but seems perfect as your HotPlug second version.

I have only a little issue concerning Peformance Control and I don't know if is an app fault:

when restart the device Performance Control shows minimum voltage as 98mhz and not how I have previously set (61 mhz and applied at every restart) and plus 98mhz is not a value you have in your kernel. I don't know how to solve, so averytime I reboot I go to set manually 61mhz value