[KERNEL] [Y300/G510] Stock Huawei

Well, I want to stay fair. It's not easy if you have to compete on a global market, especially if time and money are something you don't have.

Qualcomm patched some stuff in their 3.4 kernel, which got patched 1-2 years later on Linux mainline, too. And even Huawei fixed some Qualcomm code, long time before an official patch came out (although Huawei's solutions of fixing things is sometimed a bit weird).

Dazzozo might be right, that they had their reasons to just drop the MSM-7x27 platform.

The Y300 is my first and last phone I bought from Huawei. I rather spend some more money than ever buying any Huawei device again.

One of the things, which is important for me: the next smartphone must be running on an 3.10 kernel or higher. The ARM branch is much closer to Linux's mainline and much easier to update. There are also a lot hardware related patches merged by ARM, which are sometimes quite hard to backport.

Guest Romagnolo1973

3.10 kernel will be add in Android M (Marshmallow?) or N (Nestlè?)

So you stay with Y300 untill 2016, good news for us  :)

Personally i can't use a 5" or more device, portability for me is important, so i will stay with Y300 'till the end of this century or untill producers change their bad idea that big is better

Edited by Romagnolo1973

Guest luca020400

3.10 kernel will be add in Android M (Marshmallow?) or N (Nestlè?)

So you stay with Y300 untill 2016, good news for us  :)

Personally i can't use a 5" or more device, portability for me is important, so i will stay with Y300 'till the end of this century or untill producers change their bad idea that big is better

For me the dimension of Y300 are perfect

Guest ZolaIII

You won't get much closer to it then with successor of Rosebery π or at least something that will share a good part of it's components. I don't like Qualcomm, never did & when I say that they will go down I mean that. Lawsuits are started in RPC & EU first one will ban them from biggest market second one will cost them lots of money on richest big market. They don't have new design for cores (semi costume CPU designs), new A4xx are miss compared to even Mali & almost every decent SoC maker now have a LTE 4G radio or can licence one.

At the end just one more thought it looks like Qualcomm really did had a reason to react so fast on git community enforcing git takedowns because they feared up that new evidence about how they did some patent infringement and uncompetitive practice policies could emerge from those used so cooled IP code present in git's. Broadcom already cashed in 470M $US from Qualcomm in court interestingly this will again come in focus on new anti trust, infringement & uncompetitive practice policies (for other firms from Qualcomm monopoly) that are started & confirmed.

The other possible choice for a more hi end developer platform/device could be a upcoming successor of K1 bat I don't believe Nv will go for phones with DTP.

At the end its not about how much device costs bat also how is a price/performance & satisfaction ratio & naturally that the platform is opened.

Huawei is losing a home market as there are lot of smaller manufacturers that tend to give more for less money you know some & some are not known outside RPC, they are out of US market and we European's are not exactly prone to forgiveness so no roses in EU either. When some company grove up to much & to fast the fall is immanent, as things start to go downhill its almost impossible to menage (adapt, restructure) a large inefficient structure (business/manufacturing/marketing) quickly and on time. The firm that learned this lessen best is IBM.

I always whose & will stay a hardware guy.

Even this is completely of topic I really like a live forum topics.

Edited by ZolaIII

Guest rederik75

Personally i can't use a 5" or more device, portability for me is important

For me too... that's why I've put my eyes on the xperia Z1 Compact... here you can have it for 90€ plus a 30 months contract with the provider (3)... and it's just a 4.3" phone

Guest Romagnolo1973

hi guys... can you give me the link which synopsis build is better to aosp mod by h3ros.. tnxs in advance...

IMHO this version 26/7 not prensent in modding repos is the best and I'm corrently using it on aosp:

http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/3102165/file.html

After this, in august modding create some experimenting branch kernels trying change dual core behaviour and ram management but not so stable

Guest robertobianchi48

@modding33k

Hi

I would like to report a bug: any stable version newer then your kernel_y300_stock_20140531 has  problems searching for station with fm radio.

when you try to search for the next stations it fails and finds nothing, and it fails too when you try to auto store stations.

The 20140531 build is the latest stable working, I haven't tryied testing builds.

I'm on stock B209 rom with stock fm radio app

thank You for your great work

Thx for your report. I guess all versions after it have the updated FM kernel radio drivers added. I've tested them with Stock B199 before and at first I seemed to have similar issues like you just described. Doing an "Wipe dalvik + cache" and clearing the cache for the FM App fixed it for me. After that I were able to use the radio like usual - even with updated kernel drivers.

Well, that guy did do 2 things:

Using the AromaInstaller: which is nice if you want the user being able to select & deselect stuff he wants to install or not. Makes sense for ROMs ... not too much for a kernel installation, since possible optional stuff is getting chosen before it gets compiled.

The other thing he did is letting his installer script unpack the installed kernel and only injecting the new zImage. I've been thinking about it long time before fonz started to port the kernel builds. The problem is, that there is no reliable way to change the content of the ramdisk, too. Furthermore I'm not sure if the prebuild version of "mkbootimg" is capable of handling our special RAM addresses (base+ramdisk).

Guest luca020400

Yes is what i think ( the aroma install is usless )

Is really difficult but we can build the mkbootimg for arm with the -base-adress option

So the problem is init.synopsis.rc and the mkbootig ??

This have the -base-adress option https://github.com/AndroidRoot/BootTools/blob/master/src/mkbootimg.c we have to compile it for arm

Compiled the mkboot.img with the base-adress for arm mkbootimg.exe Rename it to mkbootimg 

Credits mine Cubietruck

Edited by luca020400

I've put everything this kernel needs to into an extra init-ramdisk script, which needs to get called by the main-script. I've further changed errors in the original init-main script. Overwriting "init.rc" is not an option for CM based ROM's for example, because they are different to Stock's. I fear re-packing is still the best option we got if we want to let this kernel run under "non stock-based roms".

Guest Romagnolo1973

One of the things, which is important for me: the next smartphone must be running on an 3.10 kernel or higher. The ARM branch is much closer to Linux's mainline and much easier to update. There are also a lot hardware related patches merged by ARM, which are sometimes quite hard to backport.

New Huawei Ascend Mate 7 seems will use kernel 3.10  :P 

Is ai italian news but you can see the picture reporting kernel version

http://www.androidworld.it/2014/09/08/kernel-3-10-avvistato-huawei-ascend-mate-7-246956/

Thanks god probably all new devices will use it in next future, just wait the endo of the year