Samsung are T###s and cheating f#####s !!!!!

Guest Andymac1969

Guest Andymac1969

I bought my S4 brand new on the 20th March 2014, I treat my phones better than my kids, never drop them, bang them, knock them or mistreat them in anyway at all.

4th May a small section of the bezel of my S4 falls off???? Not dropped banged or misused in any way, holy god I think. I instantly stop using the phone, wrap it up and call Samsung support the next day, they asked if it had been dopped etc etc and then arranged to collect it.

Two weeks later I get an email saying that it is not covered by warranty as they have spotted a hairline fracture in the LCD, I have NOT asked for a new LCD as it was fine, just for the bezel to be replaced that had fallen off.

Samsung have basically told me to swivel and that I have done something to the phone and they want £156 to repair it or else they will send it back unfixed.

Now when I get home and look at the pictures I took before I sent it to them, it would appear to have been damaged by them, take a look below at the pictures I took

The top two pictures are mine, the one on the bottom is theirs, spot the difference????

They are clearly trying to have me over, fortunately I had the sense to take the pictures before I sent it to them, now I just need to sort these charlatans out, any suggestions??

Regards

Andrew 

post-407498-0-65420500-1400263949_thumb.

post-407498-0-78371500-1400264010_thumb.

post-407498-0-22203300-1400264032_thumb.

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest andybarker

Looks like they have a standard policy that if the phone doesn't arrive in "new" ish condition, then it must be the customer's fault.  Quite common, as I would expect they do get people trying to take the piss with claiming damage wasn't their fault.  When "damage" isn't your fault, you get caught up in these generalised rules.

Once your anger has lessened a bit, write them an email including your photos and a polite but firm explanation.  Most companies will respond favourably to a well written letter / email.  I would guess that they assume the increased damage was down to bad packing or similar, so include information that it was packed well, etc.

Good luck.

Guest Andymac1969

Looks like they have a standard policy that if the phone doesn't arrive in "new" ish condition, then it must be the customer's fault.  Quite common, as I would expect they do get people trying to take the piss with claiming damage wasn't their fault.  When "damage" isn't your fault, you get caught up in these generalised rules.

Once your anger has lessened a bit, write them an email including your photos and a polite but firm explanation.  Most companies will respond favourably to a well written letter / email.  I would guess that they assume the increased damage was down to bad packing or similar, so include information that it was packed well, etc.

Good luck.

The phone was exceptionally well wrapped up in a Samsung supplied package and I added a load of extra bubble wrap to protect it even more, Samsung even said it was fully insured against any damage etc, but as you can see in the picture they have pulled more of the bezel off, and there is no way I am accepting it back like that, and I am very calm  :)

Letter is currently WIP

Edited by Andymac1969

Guest awarner

May also be worth contacting trading standards as they have obviously created more damage to the device in a possible attempt to charge you for the repair.

Guest Voxpop2011

Well you have photographic evidence as to the condition of the phone when it left your possession, so that should help.   It can't have been damaged in transit as it was well packaged.

I don't think that repair should be an option in the case of a phone that you have only had for TWO months.  I would want nothing short of a full refund.  If you paid by credit card, I would pursue avenues of redress with the issuer.

Edited by Voxpop2011

Guest Andymac1969

No joy at the moment, Handtec who I bought the phone from have joined the party and are trying to help me. Looking at the reviews of Anovo the repair centre in Norwich they are totally shocking, why do Samsung use them!!

Guest Andymac1969

Got my phone back today from Anovo still damaged of course, I am being driven nuts by both them and samsung, I will beat them but thought I would share some more pictures of what Anovo have done to my phone. Maybe if anyone is thinking of buying a Samsung phone this may make you think again, I know it has with me from now on.

The last picture is off the phone before they had it 

post-407498-0-35590900-1400792241_thumb.

post-407498-0-01242400-1400792249_thumb.

post-407498-0-75255100-1400792256_thumb.

post-407498-0-39278500-1400792268_thumb.

post-407498-0-83747900-1400792276_thumb.

post-407498-0-54353100-1400792291_thumb.

Guest Voxpop2011

Holy crap, is that rust I can see in the first picture?  Did the monkeys drop it in their tea?  My friend, I think you are going to have the mother of all battles on your hands, but nil carborundum illegitimi.

• 1 month later...