[DEV][ROM][1.8.] CAF Firefox OS - B2G

Guest KonstaT

Guest celrau

Because for some reason I haven't imported Motorola USB configs. :P Default qcom USB modes were used instead. This didn't cause any issues before and I'm not sure if it'll make MTP work either.

Sync your sources to get this change and rebuild boot image.

You were right, the changes didn't help :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest celrau

Can you post a build for testing?

Here's a zip created by cwm-6.0.4.7 of my current v2.1, you can probably flash it with 'adb sideload', hope it works. Make sure you have a backup in case something goes wrong, I take no responsibility.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Loren82

Here's a zip created by cwm-6.0.4.7 of my current v2.1, you can probably flash it with 'adb sideload', hope it works. Make sure you have a backup in case something goes wrong, I take no responsibility.

Your zip works perfect, I only find one big bug, the notification led doesn't turn off

Edited by Loren82

Guest celrau

Your zip works perfect, I only find one big bug, the notification led doesn't turn off

the led works mostly ok for me, the only exception I noticed was when I get 2 sms in a row, then it doesn't go off. I'll try to improve this when I have some time.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest _jokers_

I can't flash the zip file.. I'm using multiboot & TWRP for multiboot recovery..

Do I need to use cwm to flash the zip? Thank you

Guest Chebarus_Alexandru

I can't flash the zip file.. I'm using multiboot & TWRP for multiboot recovery..

Do I need to use cwm to flash the zip? Thank you

Yes.

Guest bubbly193

Has anyone tested on XT1031, I've seen XT0132 ROMs boot, but many (if not all) lack CDMA support.  CM is one of the ones that have no CDMA support for the 1031.  May give it a test later today.

• 1 month later...
Guest KonstaT

Hopefully the final CAF B2G build. :)

b2g-20150801-falcon.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?dx4iag9pigoxx71
md5:3b0e17793e5cf3d132383f0c2a3842b1

-fix camera (rotation still not working properly - rotate your device before opening the camera app)
-audio updates (switch to using platform parser in audio HAL & include calibration data)
-port seccomp support to kernel (if someone wants to test shallow flashing B2G >2.0)
-add kexec hardboot support to kernel for multi-ROM support
-patch recently disclosed stagefright vulnerabilities (more info)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest robin2342

Hey i have installed multirom v32 in my moto g xt1033. I need help to use Firefox OS as my secondary rom and Primary as Resurrection Remix 5.1.1 but when i install Firefox OS as secondary rom then it does not boot up there is an error but when i install Firefox os as primary and Resurrection Remix as secondary rom then all roms works perfectly.
Can anyone help me

Guest KonstaT

Hey i have installed multirom v32 in my moto g xt1033. I need help to use Firefox OS as my secondary rom and Primary as Resurrection Remix 5.1.1 but when i install Firefox OS as secondary rom then it does not boot up there is an error but when i install Firefox os as primary and Resurrection Remix as secondary rom then all roms works perfectly.
Can anyone help me

Does Resurrection Remix's kernel have the kexec hardboot patch? That's what your primary ROM needs to have to be able to load other ROMs. This Firefox OS has it so it can act as a primary ROM.

I've never tried MultiROM myself so you better ask around in e.g. MultiROM thread at XDA.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest robin2342

Does Resurrection Remix's kernel have the kexec hardboot patch? That's what your primary ROM needs to have to be able to load other ROMs. This Firefox OS has it so it can act as a primary ROM.

I've never tried MultiROM myself so you better ask around in e.g. MultiROM thread at XDA.

Yes Resurrection Remix kernel have kexec hardboot patch

Yes Resurrection Remix kernel have kexec hardboot patch

Are you sure about that? AFAICT it uses untouched CM kernel and CM's most definitely doesn't have it.

Usb storage is also not working in the latest build

Good job on reading the first post. ;)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest robin2342

Are you sure about that? AFAICT it uses untouched CM kernel and CM's most definitely doesn't have it.

Good job on reading the first post. ;)

Is there any fix for usb storage bug

On 9/12/2015 5:48:09, robin2342 said:

Is there any fix for usb storage bug

It's not a 'bug', just not yet implemented in 2.0. B2G 2.0 only supports UMS (USB Mass Storage) - MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) support was added in B2G 2.1. Moto G has an emulated internal sdcard (/data/media) so it naturally can be never unmounted to use UMS.

There's celrau's 2.1 build just few posts up with working MTP or just adb to push/pull files. Reading is still difficult... :P

Edited by KonstaT

• 2 months later...
Guest Robert Schultz

Hi I am glad it works really well on Moto G. Thx! Is it possible you can adapt it to moto E (based on MSM8610 ). I can found it in the CAF repo but I am really stuck at building it. I have download the repo completely and am willing to compile. Many thanks. This moto E is  also a developing market device and prolonging its lifetime would be very helpful!

Guest KonstaT

Hi I am glad it works really well on Moto G. Thx! Is it possible you can adapt it to moto E (based on MSM8610 ). I can found it in the CAF repo but I am really stuck at building it. I have download the repo completely and am willing to compile. Many thanks. This moto E is  also a developing market device and prolonging its lifetime would be very helpful!

Yes, should be relatively easy to bring up. Already using these same sources to build for another msm8610 device (ZTE Open C). There's some instructions, manifests and patches at B2G-CAF repo. Some caveats discussed at this post. Your device/kernel trees will need some work to be adjusted for CAF builds.

Guest tomiblanco

Hey Konsta i have a Moto G Falcon (2013)

I have downloaded the latest update of the 08.01.2015. Ihe tried to install it and do not know how? .. I have flashed with the recovery but when the rom starts it not even let me connect to any wireless network or open the camera .. could you tell me how can I do that? sorry for my terrible English'm from Argentina ...

Edited by tomiblanco

Guest KonstaT
9 hours ago, tomiblanco said:

Hey Konsta i have a Moto G Falcon (2013)

I have downloaded the latest update of the 08.01.2015. Ihe tried to install it and do not know how? .. I have flashed with the recovery but when the rom starts it not even let me connect to any wireless network or open the camera .. could you tell me how can I do that? sorry for my terrible English'm from Argentina ...

Logcat? Did you do a clean install (format /system & factory reset)?

I guess Lollipop bootloader/modem could cause some issues this still being based on KitKat (kernel & proprietary binary drivers).

Guest KonstaT
12 hours ago, tomiblanco said:

i have lollipop bootloader, what i have to do? installing gpe or stock android 4.4.4 rom? and then installing the b2g? or what?

First make sure there's nothing wrong with your installation procedure (check md5, wipe, reinstall) and post a logcat if the issue still persists. What model do you have BTW (XT10??)? CDMA variants are unlikely to work and telephony is not working on dual-SIM models.

Once you've updated you can't downgrade to KitKat bootloader, so there's that. I'd also expect devices with Lollipop bootloader to experience the screen 'flickering' issue as this still uses KitKat based kernel. You could downgrade modem but I doubt it will make much difference. Modem partition holds some wcnss firmware for wifi but there's nothing that would explain any issues with camera.