Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
linuts

google play services error

4 posts in this topic

i installed CM-11 kitkat and the coresponding Gapps package gapps-kk-20140105-signed. but get the error Google play services has stopped working, i went into settings.....apps...selected google play services and cleared the cache and uninstlled the updates (as suggested after googling) but still get the pop up error.

When i installed kitkat and gapps i wiped the dalvik cache and the cache partition but did not wipe the data/factory reset as i would normally do. i also updated cwm to 6.0.4.5.

I can use kitkat but without google play, but i need google play to download apps

i installed CM-11 kitkat and the coresponding Gapps package gapps-kk-20140105-signed. but get the error Google play services has stopped working, i went into settings.....apps...selected google play services and cleared the cache and uninstlled the updates (as suggested after googling) but still get the pop up error.

When i installed kitkat and gapps i wiped the dalvik cache and the cache partition but did not wipe the data/factory reset as i would normally do. i also updated cwm to 6.0.4.5.

I can use kitkat but without google play, but i need google play to download apps

Don't use that gapps package.

Use a smaller one like mine. [link]

Follow the Clean update process described in the first post.

ps.: updated package is coming with updated play store and camera libs in the next couple of days.

Edited by rhen

rhen, Thank you for the help, your gapps worked like a charm :D

Google play messed up royally on a previous phone and kept telling me I had 'no device'.  I switched to Amazon and for the apps they did not have, I downloaded the .apk files direct to my phone.