Another update after v1.3.1?

Guest sirius-c

Guest sirius-c

This is very odd.....

I reverted the Hudl back to stock v1.3 with the help of this thread here...

I then received the OTA update (v1.3.1, the screen fix one).....

Everything went smooth so I rooted with Kingo in windows and then flashed ClockworkMod Recovery via Linux...

Its been running fine for a few days, no screen problems either thus far, so fingers crossed :),  but i used the Hudl today and its now telling me there is an update available and if i wish to proceed or ignore it.

If I ignore it then the notification vanishes but i receive the same notification every-time i reboot!

If i choose to proceed It just returns an error instantly.

Does anybody have any idea what might be going on here? if not which system app/apps do i need to remove (Via titanium backup) to prevent this from happening?

as I have rooted, replaced the system.ui to remove the tesco button and flashed CWM to the stock v1.3.1 I understand I wont be able to OTA anyway in the future should an update be available.....I guess removing the offending system app will be no biggie as I'll have to revert back to v1.3 again and repeat the process.

Cheers

Edited by sirius-c

Guest flurry

there isn't still a copy of the update kicking around somewhere in the cache folder? I can't remember the exact location as I found the location of mine by searching for update.zip with a file manager. If there's an update zip in the right folder it'll keep flagging up that there's an install available

Guest flurry

I'll have a look but i religiously clean dalvik and cache between every rom backup and restore i make

well there's your problem then, I never bother cleaning before backing up or restoring and I've not got an update showing :P

if I manually check for an update it says up to date

Guest sirius-c

well there's your problem then, I never bother cleaning before backing up or restoring and I've not got an update showing :P

if I manually check for an update it says up to date

lol, me no understand cap'n?

Surely if i delete the cache there's no update.zip lying around.......

anyhow cancel this thread, Ive had a senior moment.....

I created an "Update.zip" using titanium backup last night, it contained all my apps/settings etc. I forgot to delete it.

I just did a search now for "update.zip" within ES filemanager and it found this one that I had saved  in the root of the built in user memory area.

Oops, what a muppet!

Edited by sirius-c

Guest flurry

lol, me no understand cap'n?

Surely if i delete the cache there's no update.zip lying around.......

anyhow cancel this thread, Ive had a senior moment.....

I created an "Update.zip" using titanium backup last night, it contained all my apps/settings etc. I forgot to delete it.

I just did a search now for "update.zip" within ES filemanager and it found one, it was in the root of built in user memory area.

Oops, what a muppet!

I was joking, though it didn't come across terribly well apparently!

problem solved then :)