Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest xeros2

Viper4android FX - better and louder sound

Thanks dakok, but it seems that it's making opposite result.

As I see with using advanced settings in Viper4Android FX, on CoolUI any increase values are set opposite (it can only lower volume to values below 0, when using any effects (for example power "increase": 0dB, -1.0dB, -1.9dB, -3.0dB, -6.0dB, -10.5dB).

Similar thing with V4A builtin equalizer - increasing bass only lowers higher sounds but doesn't increase bass and increasing high sounds it only lowers bass.

Unfortunately, lowering volume on any frequencies also lowers it.

From the first use, I was blaming rather cheap earphones, but I have tested them connected to laptops and other phones and there were no such problems and they worked better if I have increased volume.

What also makes me wonder is Max vol. in MobileUncle - for everything, in any modes it's always 116, while it should be 160 (any tries to change it make no results - value is not remembered and makes no change).

Guest dakok

I got louder sound like this:

Headset

Menu button -> UI Setting -> Moderate

Back to UI

Enable Viper4android fx

Enable Playback AGC 

Select Effect Strenght -> Moderate (you may try extreme)

Enable VHS+ -> Level1

Guest slime00

do we have some "bluetooth fix" flashable zip frome some kk rom wich had it not working? I'm trying to fix the 4.4.4 (4.4.2) which so far seems very nice, but has a bluetooth issue (other devices see the phone, but the phone doesn't see them and can't connect). If i manage to fix this (and manage to make a repack out of the rom I have on the phone with all the small fixes), I can publish the reworked rom, which seems very good so far!

Guest mixanikosgr

Thanks dakok, but it seems that it's making opposite result.

As I see with using advanced settings in Viper4Android FX, on CoolUI any increase values are set opposite (it can only lower volume to values below 0, when using any effects (for example power "increase": 0dB, -1.0dB, -1.9dB, -3.0dB, -6.0dB, -10.5dB).

Similar thing with V4A builtin equalizer - increasing bass only lowers higher sounds but doesn't increase bass and increasing high sounds it only lowers bass.

Unfortunately, lowering volume on any frequencies also lowers it.

From the first use, I was blaming rather cheap earphones, but I have tested them connected to laptops and other phones and there were no such problems and they worked better if I have increased volume.

What also makes me wonder is Max vol. in MobileUncle - for everything, in any modes it's always 116, while it should be 160 (any tries to change it make no results - value is not remembered and makes no change).

Set your UI to expert

Load this effect profile (you must first unzip the files in the folder Viper4android)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3agprs

or see my screenshots in the Greekforum

http://www.myphone.gr/forum/showthread.php?p=5920416#post5920416

And choose the following (if sound volume is not enough)

master gate -> Output gain ->+6db

EDIT

You should make it system app, to work without problems in any rom. Also you must disable any other DSP and do not use equalizer or DSP from the audio players.

Everything else must be disabled, so not to conflict.

EDIT2

If your earphones are very cheap they won't produce quality bass and treble and they will distort the sound.

If volume is still low you should try

Audio_ver1_Vol_custom fix

Edited by mixanikosgr

Guest xeros2

Thanks a lot dakok & mixanikosgr!
Both advices helped a bit, but suggestion from mixanikosgr about Audio_ver1_Vol_custom was the root cause of issue.

I can't believe that I have missed that - permissions for /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/Audio_ver1_Vol_custom were for root UID & GID only.
That's why MobileUncle couldn't save modified values.

Solutions are two (with similar result)
1. Fix permissions:

chown root:nvram /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/Audio_ver1_Vol_custom
chmod 660 /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/Audio_ver1_Vol_custom

or

2. Remove the /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/Audio_ver1_Vol_custom file & reboot.

Now I have increased Max. Vol. in MobileUncle from 116 to 132 for "Headset Mode" (seems to be max possible without sound dissortion, but even such value is noticeably louder than previous).

And I started to use Viper4Android FX, too - with most of mixanikosgr settings (but without using so much bass in Sound Dynamics & without equalizer, but using other clearing options - like Clarity Mode: OZone+, DDC: Apple - EarPods (iP5),...).

Btw. previously I have used "high quality" sound libraries and I didn't realize that "best quality" (dualcore+ requirement warning) libs have a lot better sound.

mixanikosgr, I do realize that my earphones are far from good quality, but anyway I have tested them with other devices before and I was aware that I should be able to get louder / better sound from F1 on them (which I have achieved now, thanks to your & dakok advices).

Edited by xeros2

Guest jakethedooggg

Hi again! After a lot of time on JB I want to switch back to KK, so what's the best AOSP rom at the moment? with no bugs and a working storage partitions.

Thanks!

Guest korekore1

Hi again! After a lot of time on JB I want to switch back to KK, so what's the best AOSP rom at the moment? with no bugs and a working storage partitions.

Thanks!

a310 v3 and vanilla 2

Guest mixanikosgr

Thanks a lot dakok & mixanikosgr!

Both advices helped a bit, but suggestion from mixanikosgr about Audio_ver1_Vol_custom was the root cause of issue.

I can't believe that I have missed that - permissions for /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/Audio_ver1_Vol_custom were for root UID & GID only.

That's why MobileUncle couldn't save modified values.

Solutions are two (with similar result)

1. Fix permissions:

chown root:nvram /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/Audio_ver1_Vol_custom
chmod 660 /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/Audio_ver1_Vol_custom

or

2. Remove the /data/nvram/APCFG/APRDCL/Audio_ver1_Vol_custom file & reboot.

Now I have increased Max. Vol. in MobileUncle from 116 to 132 for "Headset Mode" (seems to be max possible without sound dissortion, but even such value is noticeably louder than previous).

And I started to use Viper4Android FX, too - with most of mixanikosgr settings (but without using so much bass in Sound Dynamics & without equalizer, but using other clearing options - like Clarity Mode: OZone+, DDC: Apple - EarPods (iP5),...).

Btw. previously I have used "high quality" sound libraries and I didn't realize that "best quality" (dualcore+ requirement warning) libs have a lot better sound.

mixanikosgr, I do realize that my earphones are far from good quality, but anyway I have tested them with other devices before and I was aware that I should be able to get louder / better sound from F1 on them (which I have achieved now, thanks to your & dakok advices).

The Audio_ver1_Vol_custom is causing problems in many roms. Deletion is the easiest way.

My VIPER settings are only suggested, it does not mean that work best with all roms, earphones or type of music. You must adjust the sound to your tastes.

(I use equalizer only in the  phone speaker, so to lower the bass and increase the treble, beacause the speaker plays clearer and does not distort at high volumes. I do not use equalizer in earphones.)

You can always get the best sound out of your earphones with viper4android, it's the best DSP for android.

Guest matejsolid

New problem arised on xtreme vanilla aosp.
Push notifications dont work,I tested on 3G/WiFi with Push notification tester app and they dont arrive.

What could cause my problem ?

Guest jakethedooggg

a310 v3 and vanilla 2

Is there much difference between a310 v3, and a310 v2 + v3 kernel? Because I had that, I'm not sure if there would be any improvement. And seems that Vanilla 2 have a lot of bugs.

Guest korekore1

Is there much difference between a310 v3, and a310 v2 + v3 kernel? Because I had that, I'm not sure if there would be any improvement. And seems that Vanilla 2 have a lot of bugs.

v3 is the best.vanilla is pretty much bugless,its a good rom,but wait for the next version

Guest jakethedooggg

v3 is the best.vanilla is pretty much bugless,its a good rom,but wait for the next version

I know it's good, I'm gonna try InFocus one, it seems good too. I've seen good opinions in spanish forums. Any clue about when the v4 will be released?

Guest korekore1

I know it's good, I'm gonna try InFocus one, it seems good too. I've seen good opinions in spanish forums. Any clue about when the v4 will be released?

i don't know if there is going to be another version..lets hope it will,because it is going to be lollipop.Micromax has all bugs sorted out on v3 (there weren't any bugs really,even on v1),so no room for improvement on kitkat,it will be aosp lollipop.

Edited by korekore1

Guest jakethedooggg

i don't know if there is going to be another version..lets hope it will,because it is going to be lollipop.Micromax has all bugs sorted out on v3 (there weren't any bugs really,even on v1),so no room for improvement on kitkat,it will be aosp lollipop.

Yeah, unless Coolpad don't give up on our F1... or Micromax with the a310...

Guest korekore1

I think Miui v6 deserves its own thread,i have it installed and its way ahead of the competition in design and features!

Can someone create a thread?

The rom has constant updates and gives ota to the latest miui version,that is far from the average ''build and forget'' chinese rom!

http://www.needrom.com/download/miui-v6-c8297w-f1/

Guest dalyer

I think Miui v6 deserves its own thread,i have it installed and its way ahead of the competition in design and features!

Why can't you start a new topic yourself?

Guest zoran25

Hi everyone here, I have a question regarding doing factory resets on custom ROMs installed using CWM... I asked this question in more detail over here, except I wasn't receiving answers and @dakok told me I should try here.

What it boils down to is that with a custom CyanogenMod AOSP ROM + a patch that makes is possible to move apps to SD card, both installed through CWM, on my Coolpad 7320 after doing factory reset using the built-in Android factory reset I fry the ROM, phone doesn't boot up anymore. I read that after installing a custom ROM through CWM, factory reset should only be done through CWM (wipe data, factory reset and dalvik cache). Here I also have move apps to sd card patch installed, will doing factory reset through CWM somehow mess up the ROM because I have the patch?

I would like to do a factory reset now, but I don't want to mess up the ROM because recovering it takes a lot of time, and effort. So is there someone with some input basically on what's the best way to do factory resets on custom ROMs?

Guest h3dshot

The rom has constant updates and gives ota to the latest miui version,that is far from the average ''build and forget'' chinese rom!

http://www.needrom.com/download/miui-v6-c8297w-f1/

Any bugs?