Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest Destiny133

There is.

Start the recovery and wait until the battery drains itself to zero.

I didn't mean CoolUI Lollipop but AOSP Lollipop (mmx origin)

I acually love coolui more ;) so ill just wait for him

And without going to recovery. Btw will it affect battery if it shuts at 2% and not like 0%

PS: and now its not even showing the message I think it shuts at 3% (without that vibration at end of shutting.) will it affect my battery perfromance

Edited by Destiny133

Guest razorinc

I think the battery life is improved in latest mickvip MIUI, but he stopped further developing (donate and firmware copying problem?)...

Guest bore89

Hello...I'm on mickvip's miui and I have to say that I find that rom very slow...1.5 gb of ram memory used and more...it doesn't go lower then that...

Guest bore89

Hello...I'm on mickvip's miui and I have to say that I find that rom very slow...1.5 gb of ram memory used and more...it doesn't go lower then that...

Guest fundament

You might want to give a try miui 5.7.2 global done by Indian friends for f1, a310 and polimer. I have been using it for 2 days, quite satisfied, fast enough for me, nice apps like wsm tools, battery drain normal for miui ( 2sim cards, WiFi and 3g always on, 2 hours and 26 minutes, 35%remaining). Slight issue with Viber, it's kind of dormant, of you r not using it it turns off, don't know how to explain. Other than that, i couldn't find any problem so this might be a good daily driver for miui inclined users. I can't find link for this now, it's few pages back from XDA forum

Guest Destiny133

What do you guys think when will EmUi ROM get an update. The rom is really great. I find it better than MIUI. I hope the author will continue with development

Guest zltnngy

How does your display perform on this test?

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php

I can't see the first two bars even on maximum brightness. Is there any way to adjust the contrast of the screen? I am a bit annoyed that lots of details cannot be seen in darkish pictures because of poor contrast of my display.

Edited by zltnngy

Guest korekore1

How does your display perform on this test?

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php

I can't see the first two bars even on maximum brightness. Is there any way to adjust the contrast of the screen? I am a bit annoyed that lots of details cannot be seen in darkish pictures because of poor contrast of my display.

it looks exactly like it should,all bars are visible.I am with maucat's latest aosp

Guest zltnngy

it looks exactly like it should,all bars are visible.I am with maucat's latest aosp

Thanks for the test. I am on emui 3.0, I will try maucat's  aosp. If I get bad results on that rom too, then I have to live with my badly calibrated/faulty screen:(

Guest zltnngy

Thanks for the test. I am on emui 3.0, I will try maucat's  aosp. If I get bad results on that rom too, then I have to live with my badly calibrated/faulty screen:(

On maucat aosp contrast is noticeably different. Only the first bar is missing for me from the above test, the others can be clearly seen. However black is "less black". So emui somehow changes contrast settings.

Anyway I am back to emui now and use Screen Adjuster to change contrast setting to my taste, I hope the hit on battery drain is tolerable.

Guest dakok

I tried one download, after a while, and although I was signed in it required my phone

number (short format - probably for China residents) for proceeding.

Then I signed off from Baidu account and signed back in and it worked as before then :D

For another download it required the same procedure - sign off, sign in and you may download ;)

Edited by dakok

Guest razorinc

How can I download from baidu..must register or what?

create QQ account, you can use it for various chinese download pages or forums....

Guest 77chedu

Could it be ip/country related? I can download from baidu just fine without having an account. It's painfully slow in some cases -no matter what time of the day-, but, for instance with Liutao's or Jill's, I get pretty nice download speeds even if I'm not using a download manager, just direct browser download

Do you guys have some browser extension running that could mess with baidu? I use adblock and ghostery myself

Guest 77chedu

Hi,

If you guys want to try yet another KK port, here's a mod on the Doogee rom published on 4pda by Seek&Destroy, that we've recently uploaded on the spanish forum

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3b2Dw2BlD9wbmJDQmlXVm9zMzA/view

You can check the screenshots on its thread over at the spanish forum

It was already "decrappified", but it had some chinese "leftovers" and BT wasn't working, so I sort of remade the port from scratch, because we didn't have the rom that was used as stock

It's not he prettiest thing around, so we got rid of the default launcher and added an icon pack as a user app, just to suggest a possible look, but leaving that to your choice

Originally it had Dolby atmos ready set to be installed by the updater-script, as many roms do these days, but I feel like it's better to just download it from its xda thread, if you feel like it. Plus the rom default volume is on the higher side, and that particular audio mod tends to raise volume in my experience (UI sounds included, which could be annoying)

But what I feel like it's the main feature of this one, is that it's probably one of the lightest KK roms around and I've done my share of rom flashing.

I've changed its density to 290, because to me it feels snappier that way -it was 320 on the original- It might be just some sort of "placebo", but you can easily try some other values, or just leave that line commented on the build.prop

I didn't know of previous Doogee ports, so we don't have a reference on how this sort of rom works on the long run, but it looks promising

Cheers