Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest 77chedu

ofc I am not a dev and I have no idea how hard is to do it, but they had so much time to do it, soon android M will be out and we still don't have an official lollipop rom...can't understand that...feel a bit dissapointed as I haven't found yet a rom which will suit me and I hoped for lollipop to come out....

Maybe I'm a little bit biased, but I think that's moreof a  problem of what your expectations are, than the actual rom scene of this phone

Maybe there's no perfect rom out there, but sure there are more than a handfull of pretty decent alternatives on whatever rom flavour you care for (aosp-like, miui, emui, etc). And from what I know of other same generation phones with the same chipset, I'd say that we've been very lucky with what we have -so far-

As for Lollipop, I'd probably lower my expectations too for a first release

Edited by 77chedu

Guest Dreamkill3r

Maybe I'm a little bit biased, but I think that's moreof a  problem of what your expectations are, than the actual rom scene of this phone

Maybe there's no perfect rom out there, but sure there are more than a handfull of pretty decent alternatives on whatever rom flavour you care for (aosp-like, miui, emui, etc). And from what I know of other same generation phones with the same chipset, I'd say that we've been very lucky with what we have -so far-

As for Lollipop, I'd probably lower my expectations too for a first release

I change often the rom of my phone and I know thats a problem, but I remember I had an lg where I also was changing the roms until it got official 4.4.2, from that moment I forgot whats that to change a rom(unti I lost it) so now I cant use a rom more than some days, I always find something that bothers me and make me want to change it...so thats why I hoped a lot for this release)
but in the end, I bought this phone, I knew what I am buying so thats mostly my fault of feeling this)

Guest majkel_94

i only care for the a310 and polymer aosp lollipops really,i hope they appear sometime

Does the A310 get the lolipop rom already?

Guest Destiny133

So guys. When will lollipop get out. And coollife v6 with it. 

Almost half a month im using EmUi-v3.o. This rom is really awesome. And i found only one bug. If battery gets to 0% and when you put him to charge. It won't have charge animation. It will always stay on same level with red colour. But since i dont let my phone to shutdown from low battery its fine. Battery lasts for about 5 and a half hour on when I play games. And sometimes it can be really hot on spot around camera. On battery spot its fine. It must be cpu or i might be wrong. 

So do you and how do you deal with hottnes?

How long does battery lasts to you?

Coollife v6?

Guest mixanikosgr

So do you and how do you deal with hottnes?

Use No frills cpu to lower the max frequency of the processor to eg 1366 and test again

Guest milekolev

Can anyone help me set with mtk tweak? Everything is in Chinese... I thought if anyone has some settings to look at... Currently using the latest miui6 release by Jill

Guest razorinc

It is not problem in download utility, he must register to download files, that was my problem also (before I could download without registration)... Like I said the easiest way is to register first on QQ account (does not need phone verification) and then log in baidu... QQ account can be used for various forums, for example coolpad forum and so on...

Guest jakethedooggg

If you guys want to try LP:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3173455

Would be fine if someone could "port" it to our Coolpad although it would work on it anyway.

Guest razorinc

I still can download without having an account

I'm using flareget on linux, but I don't think that it may depend on that

I understand what are you trying to say, before I was also able to download unlimited, then suddenly I could not no more, it started to ask me for log in, so I register to QQ and sign in with that account...

Guest jakethedooggg

It is for coolpad f1, allready tried, it has some bugs, but it is usuable....

I'm using it right now, it's very smooth but I can't control LED and some other things. Did you try to install xPosed Framework?

Also I can't make data work, again. Even adding the apn...

Guest razorinc

For me data works, xposed I could not install, led does not blink, it is constantly on when message arrives, gps not working again...

Guest jakethedooggg

For me data works, xposed I could not install, led does not blink, it is constantly on when message arrives, gps not working again...

That's weird, must be something to do with my network... I need data :(

Guest jakethedooggg

Only big problem I had was problem with google contacts sync, but now it is working...

I wiped cache, checked APN and everything, but nothing worked :/

Chedu try the rom please (Vale la pena, soy de Yoigo por cierto)