Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest jakethedooggg

No, but are similar, tomorrow I will add a patch with tweaks ;)

Awesome, I trust your Tweak selection more than flashing some other Tweaks. You put them for improve that phone only, not all phones :)

Awesome, I trust your Tweak selection more than flashing some other Tweaks. You put them for improve that phone only, not all phones :)

If it was 4.2 I could do a ROM very fast and optimized, now with 4.4 I need to learn new things Edited by laek.17

Guest jakethedooggg

If it was 4.2 I could do a ROM very fast and optimized, now with 4.4 I need to learn new things

Anyways, you're an awesome developer, you just did the best rom!

If it was 4.2 I could do a ROM very fast and optimized, now with 4.4 I need to learn new things

Why haven't you then? :D

I'd be perfectly happy with a fast 4.2 AOSP, jonzalvo's pure AOSP was close, but the camery quality was quite bad compared to the stock rom.

Thanks for your work, I'll check out your v2.1 tomorrow, I hope Strava won't crash on this one.

Hello guys, I haven't been here for a while (little less than 2 months) because, you know, summer and stuff  :D

I'm running pure aosp by jonzalvo (4.2 i think) on my f1 and it's been perfect, everything's working great, the phone is "flying" through everything, plastic that it's made from is very good and the screen is excellent. Battery holds for about 4 and a half hours of screen on time (1-2 days of use).

I have only 1 little thing that I can complain about, and that's the volume of the ringer/notification, the ringer in general. I would like it to be a bit louder, and I know it's possible to do something about it in mtkuncletools and I wanted to ask you what that is, cause i dont know obviously.

So, help on guys!  

I'm really over satisfied with the phone itself!

I made another Baidu repack. It's new v56 release and this time there is 

no problem with google account setup at boot

Interface is in English, google services are inside, you go to settings - account and activate google there

I removed chinese apps and chinese new phone wizard that pops up at boot.

I am testing it now and it looks good. I will upload it tomorrow :D

Nice!

Aren't there now any problems with PIN keyboard from v54 or issues that were in v55?

Is it still Baidu v5 or already v6?

laek.17, thanks for your ROM, too!

jakethedooggg is so excited that it must be very good :-)

Probably you'll get even more users of your ROM now.

Edited by xeros2

Aren't there now any problems with PIN keyboard from v54 or issues that were in v55?

The bug is still present in v56, I checked it yesterday. They probably don't even know about it since it only happens when the language is set to english.

Edited by Arpione

The bug is still present in v56, I checked it yesterday. They probably don't even know about it since it only happens when the language is set to english.

Thanks for info!

I'm affraid that disabling PIN for SIM card might not be enough in some cases.

If there is a bug with some strings in English for numeric keyboard that makes such big problem then any app that opens numeric-only keyboard may trigger this problem as well.

Hey laek, thank you for the update! :) your v2 seems a lot different from v1, it has the old android dial up image (the smiling man) and now it lets me call 119, my customer care number (it called the cops in the previous version, I was  like freezed when they answered! :D )
Did you change the base rom (hls maybe?)? there seems to be a bug with indicators (like baldos' one), soft keys not vibrating when selecting vibration mode (like baldos' one) and camera quality seems to be a bit "degraded" respect v1 (but this requires more testing). The rest seems pretty smooth and stable, now memories work as they should! :)

Edited by slime00

I'm just a learner here but this was mentioned recently and I found the setting in

MobileUncle Tools > Engineer Mode > MTK > Swipe right twice to Hardware Testing > First option is audio.

"Normal Mode" might be the ringer? Someone correct me if I'm wrong! But I wanted it to increase the loudspeaker volume so I haven't tested this yet.

Not certain what the first dropdown refers to. The levels are (I think) a division of the max that you set at the bottom.

I've read that you shouldn't set the max to the stated max as this may affect the speaker. I've set mine about 20 lower than the max on each screen.

Anyone able to correct that I've said?

Hey laek, thank you for the update! :) your v2 seems a lot different from v1, it has the old android dial up image (the smiling man) and now it lets me call 119 (it called the cops in the previous version! :D ) Did you change the base rom (hls maybe?)? there seems to be a bug with indicators (like baldos' one), soft keys not vibrating when selecting vibration mode (like baldos' one) and camera quality seems to be a bit "degraded" respect v1 (but this requires more testing). The rest seems pretty smooth and stable, now memories work as they should! :)

Yes i use things from hls rom because is the only rom which have the correct paritions, i have not tested a lot, i do this rom very fast becuse the problem of partitions, when i have time i will try to fix this bugs and create a rom from 0.

Edited by kele45

Yes i use things from hls rom because is the only rom which have the correct paritions, i have not tested a lot, i do this rom very fast becuse the problem of partitions, when i have time i will try to fix this bugs and create a rom from 0.

Yes, I understood, seems pretty legit. Thank you again for your contribution  :) but you made another account? I didn't realize it was you in the previous page!

Edit, found another bug: screen doesn't go on when sms is received (it was fixed in v2 if i remember right) , sms app also crash when opening notifications settings, so it's impossible to remove the displayed message window on homescreen. 

Edited by slime00

I made another Baidu repack. It's new v56 release and this time there is 

no problem with google account setup at boot

Interface is in English, google services are inside, you go to settings - account and activate google there

I removed chinese apps and chinese new phone wizard that pops up at boot.

I am testing it now and it looks good. I will upload it tomorrow :D

Waiting eagerly.

Guest Dovahpig

Why the f*** mods wont make separate forum for this phone? Someone should ask them too, there is too much roms and everything should be sorted the right way. This phone is becoming more popular then g300.

Edited by Dovahpig

Guest milekolev

Hey guys  a little help would be much appreciated....I am trying to update my 8927 wcdma via ota...currently running .036 and it shows that .039 is available...when I start the update it goes half way through and then shows error ...any suggestions why this might be so?

[ROM][4.2] Coolpad_F1w_Baidu_v56_En&Gapps_Repack

What's out:
10-15 Chinese apps

What's in:
Gapps (solved problems with gapps startup screen :) )
English UI at startup
CE Time zone at startup

What's good:
Pretty much everything

What's bad:
Camera is not so good

Apps to install:
Keyboard (baidu keyboard is inside but you better replace it with Kii or another)
Web browser (CM Browser or Chrome)
BZ Weather - fantastic weather app (MIUI design and feel)
Camera at your choice

Setup:
-When in settings, find accounts and activate your google account there
-Developer mode is activated in Settings -> About phone -> Build number. Now tap fast on it several times
-Menu "button", Home Settings, switch off Personalized News Widget
-Menu "button", Home Settings, Gestures - Double tap to turn off the screen
-Security, Traffic monitor, set your data plan there
-Settings, Security, Screen Lock -> Water (or others)

P.S. For those with activated SIM pin lock - it might not work so remove it before flashing :D
Edited by dakok

Hey guys a little help would be much appreciated....I am trying to update my 8927 wcdma via ota...currently running .036 and it shows that .039 is available...when I start the update it goes half way through and then shows error ...any suggestions why this might be so?

I'm no expert like these other guys but I had the same issue when I first got my phone. Also it would crash to the home screen when I selected Data Usage from the settings menu.

In the end I rooted it and flashed AOSP 4.2.2 by Jonzalvo and never had another problem. First time I flashed a ROM. I recommend it. Hugely increased my battery life too.

Guest trashbat

Hey guys, 

Any recommendation on a good soft plastic/rubber cover?

I bought a cheap one of aliexpress and it's really bad - doesn't grip onto the phone at all

Edited by trashbat

Guest trashbat

running pure aosp 2.0 and the headphone output volume seems low - on my jaiyu f1 number 1 volume is loud enought but on the coolpad i have to whack it up to full snd even then it can be quiet - is it the rom or the phone?

Hey guys  a little help would be much appreciated....I am trying to update my 8927 wcdma via ota...currently running .036 and it shows that .039 is available...when I start the update it goes half way through and then shows error ...any suggestions why this might be so?

OTA works for pure original factory CoolUI installations.

Sellers roms are slightly modified (removed bloatware, rooted and multilanguage) so 

rom will not pass the integrity check (or something like that)

OTA on Chinese rom doesn't have much sense for us, foreigners. :)

Hey guys, 

I bought a cheap one of aliexpress and it's really bad - doesn't grip onto the phone at all

Nillkin hard case or one of these (it continues on several pages) 

Edited by dakok

running pure aosp 2.0 and the headphone output volume seems low - on my jaiyu f1 number 1 volume is loud enought but on the coolpad i have to whack it up to full snd even then it can be quiet - is it the rom or the phone?

See the previous page. I wrote about altering this in Mobileuncle Tools.

Hey guys,

I have Nillkin case in mine. Pretty happy with it. It's hard rubber, quite good grip. Had one of these on my previous phone and was happy with it.