Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest matejsolid

@laek.17 One word-excellent ! Good job :)

Only one thing bothers me,is there any way you could release normal camera app,this camera app is I dont know,not very good compared to Baidu or Coollife...

Also I tried Google Camera for 4.4 phones,I can only record video in 480p resolution ?

Is there any way to install Cyanogenmod camera or the one which comes with AOSP roms for LG ?

oneplus_one_camera_app.jpg

Guest Maringer

I have one last comparison as last possible competitor. How about the Jiayu S1 vs Coolpad F1?

313261z.jpg

(Single SIM is no issue for me, I don't use a second one)

Don't forget that the Jiayu S1 doesn't have a microSD card slot so you're stuck with your 32GB. Not an issue for some, but I personally need more storage space than this.

Also, is a 2300mAh battery enough for a 1080p screen? No idea about the battery life or ROM quality of the Jiayu but no support for KitKat is another negative. 4.1.2 is pretty old these days.

One thing to note is that I've seen reports that some of the Jiayu phones also support 900MHz WCDMA despite the fact this band being missing on the reported specs of the phone. However, I seem to recall that this was on a Mediatek Jiayu so it might not be the same situation with a Qualcomm SoC.

Edited by Maringer

Guest korekore1

@laek.17 One word-excellent ! Good job :)

Only one thing bothers me,is there any way you could release normal camera app,this camera app is I dont know,not very good compared to Baidu or Coollife...

Also I tried Google Camera for 4.4 phones,I can only record video in 480p resolution ?

Is there any way to install Cyanogenmod camera or the one which comes with AOSP roms for LG ?

oneplus_one_camera_app.jpg

like the one from the indian version of our phone!

Guest trashbat

See the previous page. I wrote about altering this in Mobileuncle Tools.

Many thanks! Set it to 145 and it made it so loud it nearly deafened me!! :) 

Problem fixed though!

Yes, I understood, seems pretty legit. Thank you again for your contribution :) but you made another account? I didn't realize it was you in the previous page!

Edit, found another bug: screen doesn't go on when sms is received (it was fixed in v2 if i remember right) , sms app also crash when opening notifications settings, so it's impossible to remove the displayed message window on homescreen.

No, he has been passed by me I'm not this user. I'm sorry I didn't see that message, yes I used things of hls, I don't know what pretends this user... Edited by laek.17

Im trying to make a ROM from backup of himax polymer of yusuv and it don't have priv-app folder, could you make a new backup ? Thank you very much

Edited by laek.17

Guest Mouratti

Hello Guys after a hard week i finally recive my coolpad f1.

How do i know wich rom i have?

Kernel Version 3.4.39

mine@ubuntu #1
Mon Apr 14 20:02:41 CST 2014

Build Number

4.2.015.P0.140321.8297W

Curom Build Version

This is a tock rom i dont do nothing yet.

Just want to know if this rom is good or not, they came with gapps!

Thanks

Guest Milanche78

laek.17

WOW! Your V2.1 version is perfect! No bugs found so far. Extremely fast ROM. This one is a keeper. Good job!  :)

the previous version has more stars on needrom.com. I am still on stock rom and cant decide between Baidu and Leaks kitkat.

Guest Mr.Markos

Don't forget that the Jiayu S1 doesn't have a microSD card slot so you're stuck with your 32GB. Not an issue for some, but I personally need more storage space than this.

Also, is a 2300mAh battery enough for a 1080p screen? No idea about the battery life or ROM quality of the Jiayu but no support for KitKat is another negative. 4.1.2 is pretty old these days.

One thing to note is that I've seen reports that some of the Jiayu phones also support 900MHz WCDMA despite the fact this band being missing on the reported specs of the phone. However, I seem to recall that this was on a Mediatek Jiayu so it might not be the same situation with a Qualcomm SoC.

32GB is more than enough for me

About the battery, I don't know. There isn't much info to find about this phone. I do like the 1080p screen and the SoC. But I have no idea how it behaves with battery life and possible updates in future.

The Jiayu forum here seems to be empty? http://www.modaco.com/forum/709-jiayu/

On XDA there also isn't much info about this phone what makes me skeptical 

Guest Mouratti

the previous version has more stars on needrom.com. I am still on stock rom and cant decide between Baidu and Leaks kitkat.

Where do you see this info?

How can i know the version?! IS very smooth it is.

Edit: Sorry i didnt see that was not for me :)

Edited by Mouratti

No point in having a chinese stock rom that

can do OTA update.

You'll have to keep China apps and probably

loose root and gapps then.

Edited by dakok

Guest Mouratti

I test system update and no rom to download!

How to know if its fake or not?

Wich stable and smooth rom do you recomend?

Edited by Mouratti

Mouratti, these questions and answers come almost on every page since last few pages.

On first page (first two posts by dakok) you'll have all the information that you need.

Edited by xeros2

Guest martinoff

leak.17 please add support for ext4 in external sd as i cant figure out how to mount it

i try some workaround but didn't work

or you can tell me how to do it

thanks

Im trying to make a ROM from backup of himax polymer of yusuv and it don't have priv-app folder, could you make a new backup ? Thank you very much

yes yuusuv, the backup unfortunately is corrupted can you make another one, so we can start modding your rom? :) 

If you are interested, I managed to open and extract the content of the cpb file of this rom (the polymer, 900 mb (500 compressed) ), but it seems unflashable from the soda tool... after the polymer boot screen, it goes into a factory mode with a blue square on the left, no way to go further... i also tried another cbp for 8297w, it's the same thing, so i assume those are not for flashing with that tool... it also gives an error when trying to restore with ygdp, it seems it lacks something despite their huge size!

if you want to try, open ygdp tools, select go into settings - select 8297w-s10 and load the cbp of polimer, then click apply and wait... when it finishes, you will find all the folder inside the root of the program, inside the folder downfiles!

Edited by slime00

This is very BEST...

AOSP4.2.2_Coolpad-8297w.20140830by Lzy

Thread : http://bbs.ydss.cn/thread-467220-1-1.html

Download : http://pan.baidu.com/s/1nthvr65

Default Storage SD MMC,

One screen shot was by Themer : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycolorscreen.themer&hl=en

Battery Level after 36 Hours...

Nice Experience till now...not find any bug...

I think it is best ROM for Coolpad F1w...

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/?p=2226178

Edited by jay0ind

yes yuusuv, the backup unfortunately is corrupted can you make another one, so we can start modding your rom? :) 

If you are interested, I managed to open and extract the content of the cpb file of this rom (the polymer, 900 mb (500 compressed) ), but it seems unflashable from the soda tool... after the polymer boot screen, it goes into a factory mode with a blue square on the left, no way to go further... i also tried another cbp for 8297w, it's the same thing, so i assume those are not for flashing with that tool... it also gives an error when trying to restore with ygdp, it seems it lacks something despite their huge size!

if you want to try, open ygdp tools, select go into settings - select 8297w-s10 and load the cbp of polimer, then click apply and wait... when it finishes, you will find all the folder inside the root of the program, inside the folder downfiles!

What is this rom? from himax?

Edited by kele45