Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest misha124

Now i know why i couldn't translate himax rom, is because it was based on android 4.4, not android 4.4.2, i was using a 4.4.2 to translate.

Slime told me that could be it, and yes this is the reason.

I will continue working on kitkat, but i want the last 4.2 coolui in spanish ;), im thinking to add multilanguage if i have time...

Please, add the Russian too, will be very grateful

my card is 64G samsung evo and dont want to format it to fat32 or exfat

i have files bigger then 4Gb and if android can give me a very good,fast and stable and with journal filesystem like ext4 YES i want to use it

the fat is filesystem from the ice age, can do much truble in sd and have many times corrupt files

i am familar with linux and filesystems but i am not at all with android

I could be wrong but I thought that the "main" partition on an Android sdcard HAD to be FAT (or variants exFAT, FAT32 etc.) or NTFS and anything else was not possible?

Additional partitions that are ext4 or whatever can be created but for use by stuff like link2sd etc.

Maybe somebody else can clarify?

Edited by dalyer

my card is 64G samsung evo and dont want to format it to fat32 or exfat

i have files bigger then 4Gb and if android can give me a very good,fast and stable and with journal filesystem like ext4 YES i want to use it

the fat is filesystem from the ice age, can do much truble in sd and have many times corrupt files

i am familar with linux and filesystems but i am not at all with android

I will make you a path, maybe it will work, but im not sure

I'm wondering whether to update to a recent official ROM before flashing any custom zips. That way I'd be on the latest radio firmware.

Maybe we should find a way to dump our radios for sharing?

Edit: Which is the most recent stock ROM?

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest martinoff

I could be wrong but I thought that the "main" partition on an Android sdcard HAD to be FAT (or variants exFAT, FAT32 etc.) or NTFS and anything else was not possible?

Additional partitions that are ext4 or whatever can be created but for use by stuff like link2sd etc.

Maybe somebody else can clarify?

nope, the same card is working like a charm for months now on my xperia

Edited by martinoff

Running on 4.4 CoolUI 5.7 from F2 phone at the moment, tried Gapps kk version and had to revert to Gapps jb version which worked fine, ran AnTuTu and scored 30,120 and it thinks it is Coolpad 8675, noticed mobile uncle tools does not work in this rom, still playing with it....

Had to drop this ROM, started to play up, contacts disappeared, then ended up with black screen, gone back to 041.....only thing is cannot get rid of the himax window displaying when I switch it on.....

I'm wondering whether to update to a recent official ROM before flashing any custom zips. That way I'd be on the latest radio firmware.

Maybe we should find a way to dump our radios for sharing?

Edit: Which is the most recent stock ROM?

040?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-60#entry2226865

Edit: oh - maybe not - elsewhere 041 is mentioned so maybe it's that or an even later version.

It's a good point though. I wonder if it's a good idea to flash SOME stock CoolUI version and then upgrade the latest before flashing a custom ROM - as you say maybe this will ensure that you have the latest RIL or whatever? Anybody know...? Or is the radio firmware fully encapsulated in the WCDMA patch(es) mentioned in the first few posts?

Edit 2; actually 041 seems to be the latest on the Coolpad/Yulong site. Translate to English in Chrome and then go to Downloads.

http://www.yulong.com/product/product/product/load.html?productBO.product.id=6471&productBO.menuId=5082

Edited by dalyer

040?

http://www.modaco.com/topic/372543-coolpad-f1-8297w-review-info-software-custom-roms/page-60#entry2226865

Edit: oh - maybe not - elsewhere 041 is mentioned so maybe it's that or an even later version.

It's a good point though. I wonder if it's a good idea to flash SOME stock CoolUI version and then upgrade the latest before flashing a custom ROM - as you say maybe this will ensure that you have the latest RIL or whatever? Anybody know...? Or is the radio firmware fully encapsulated in the WCDMA patch(es) mentioned in the first few posts?

Thanks - looks like it 041 now http://www.yulong.com/product/product/product/load.html?productBO.product.id=6471&productBO.menuId=5082

Guest korekore1

040?

that was the case with huawei ideos x5pro that i also own,we flashed official baseband first when we switched from one android version to another (gb to ics,etc) I don't know if it applies to f1 τοο

I put  Coolpad8297W_041_lite_Rooted_0913 rom 

and there is still a problem I do not get the message from the bank and parking

is it something in the settings,does anyone know the solution

laek.17, nice to see new version.

One suggestion - I propose to move nvram files (Audio_ver1_Vol_custom, WIFI, WIFI_CUSTOM) from /system/etc/init.d/ to some other place (for example /system/etc/nvram/), from where they wont be parsed at boot tried to be executed by init.

Having them in /system/etc/init.d/ could have unpredictable results (I'm not saying that they make problem now, but can make problems later if their content would change and they would have code that be able to be executed & crash).

Btw. what did you change for WIFI in that nvram files?

Is there any purpose why you have removed /etc/gps.conf?

I see addons from extras in one package now and removed MTKTweak + its scripts and added SuperSU.

Edited by xeros2

Use YGDP Tool for flashing - it's in the Easy Peasy section in the first page

I already tried with download assistant - fail :)

Then tried with YGDP and it hangs at "Entering download mode"

The phone goes to the big green tick/checkmark

post-244454-0-32927500-1410813265_thumb.post-244454-0-90111200-1410813271_thumb.

Guest matejsolid

Again problem with push notification ( facebook and messenger ),restored with titanium backup,then I wasnt sure that was good so did fresh install from Google Play and still notifications dont work...

Restoring to v2.1 laek.17 

Guest Zouzounakis

Hello all.I just finish installing laek.17 v3 ROM.Sound seems fine but i have a problem with mobile tethering.My other devices are connecting to the phone via WiFi but i can't connect to internet with my data .This happening only with the 4.4.2 rom's.With 4.2.2 wifi tethering working fine.any solution?

Edited by Zouzounakis

@rista1

It looks like CoolUI feature :)

Use YGDP Tool for flashing - it's in the Easy Peasy section in the first page

do you have a solution  ,for each UI  is correct or not,what to put in phone