Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

How to change the boot animation?

I used 'Boot Animations' (freeware from Playstore). There is a selection to download there.

I used this software to back up the one from Jonzalvo's AOSP V2 and then restore it to the AOSP Laek V3 ROM)

So guys which ROM is the best at the moment ? I have Baidu now but it has sms bug. Is any change ROM remove all the software ?

Edited by japuch

okay i screwed up. i flashed the ART version from a couple of pages ago and now i get the big red exclamation mark and the phone won't boot. it worked until i tried to root it (since it WASN'T rooted even though the name of the zip file says it is) and then it just went dead...

any suggestions?

Guest fglogowski18

I don't know if it would work. But i in simillar situation i used this metod:
http://telchina.pl/coolpad-f1-root-rom-recovery-eng-t9577-36.html#p111759
It is in polish but you can translate it by web browser.
You are instaling the new clear rom COOL-UI, and then you can root your phone and get new another rom :-) in this link it is probably 4.2.2.
Good luck!

okay i screwed up. i flashed the ART version from a couple of pages ago and now i get the big red exclamation mark and the phone won't boot. it worked until i tried to root it (since it WASN'T rooted even though the name of the zip file says it is) and then it just went dead...

any suggestions?

Since there's no news from Arpione and Laek, I'm affraid that you might be not the only one with that problem...

Did you try YGDP or Soda's method to flash stock rom?

So guys which ROM is the best at the moment ? I have Baidu now but it has sms bug. Is any change ROM remove all the software ?

I tried 3-4 chinese baidu 057 releases and they all have SMS bug....

One of the most interesting things from today is that this first Coolpad 4.4.2 release (version 009) 

for Coolpad F1 WCDMA phone

finaly brought a true ART  (that's a story from several China forums)...

yeah... that's the rom that scewed up my phone.. though it actually worked before kingroot crashed it, trying to root the phone since it WASN'T rooted

the lousy part is that i don't have w7 here because my laptop's at work so no deal until tomorrow morning. unless i somehow get it to work with w8

Edited by pletko

Which one?

I can see 4 releases now:

ATX

FIRE

Crayon (Lzy, Lbxb)

First Job (green apple)

I thought that you flashed some Micromax version since they were talking about a red exclamation mark?

Edited by dakok

@laek.17 are you planning some update of AOSP in near future ? :)

Right, for me the most annoying bug in v3 (brought from official 4.4.2 021) is g-sensor hangup when swithing screen off&on while g-sensor is in use.

It was in changelog as fixed in 023.

Other thing is slow sdcard performance (few times slower than on AOSP 4.2.2).

I wonder how good/bad is that 4.4.2 009 wcdma compared to 021/023 td-scdma & 4.2.2.

Btw. all ROM creators, please include base ROM info/version in your ROM version strings to make it clear which one did you use as base for your ROMs - there are many versions and even different models ports (himax, micromax,...)

Edited by xeros2

Does this mean that we are waiting for a version that is rooted  Coolpad 4.4.2 release (version 009)

I downloaded version W  and if it is not  rooted  whether to wait or not?

Isn't it easy to root roms now?

Custom rom: Flash rom and SuperSU zip together in TWRP

Stock rom: do the YGDP hack and replace stock recovery with custom and flash SuperSU zip in it later

Edited by dakok

Since there's no news from Arpione and Laek, I'm affraid that you might be not the only one with that problem...

It seems that this rom uses a different format for the boot logo than jellybean, maybe this caused the problems in earlier kitkats too. In the first versions I took out the logo changing part and I had the exclamation mark, after I included it the problem went away. I'm just trying to get the rooting right and I'm done :)

Edited by Arpione