Coolpad F1 8297w - Review / Info / Software / Custom Roms

Guest dakok

Guest matejsolid

I would recommend to everyone leak v3 ROM. I am using it for last two weeks. No bugs found, very stable, no lag, and battery life is excellent:

7 hours I barely got 5 h and 30 mins on wifi.

What sync apps are using and wifi/3g ? i dont get it...

Also I dont recommend v4 laek,annoying bug with data connection,sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt,didn experience with v3.1.

Probably rolling back to v3.1 tommorow,probably new baseband drivers cause this bug.

Provider is bonbon ( Croatia ) .

Edited by matejsolid

Guest brusss

I am also using bonbon as network provider and have no problem with data connection...most of the time i am connected on wifi and sync is on in: blue mail, whatsapp, messenger, and sometimes rezultati.

Guest pletko

again trouble with the battery. ever since i flashed the micromax rom i've been having some issues with battery stats. i've had 10-20% consumption in the last 36 hours with 2 hours of SoT and lots of conversations. now the phone has turned off, couldn't get it to start. after an hour of charging i managed to turn it on but now it refuses to charge any further from 5%. so that's even worse than the last time when i could charge it to 30%. i really don't know how to reset my battery stats, i don't have that option in my recovery.

can you recommend some recovery with that option? also, can you recommend some rom that works fine? (again, without the issue of phone number format, i.e. based on miui roms)

@Pletko

Try to delete batterystats.bin system file. You can do that manually or with battery calibration apps on google store (after this it's recommended to fully discharge and fully charge battery).

I've used micromax rom from laek.17 and had huge problems - when battery level had dropped to 15% I've got "Unfortunately, the process com.android.systemui has stopped" continuously... the only way to stop this was to plug the phone into electricity.

laek.17 v4 runs witout any problems till now (maybe the signal was better with 4.2.2 jonsalvo's rom but I don't mind to have one signal stripe less, t-com)

I've been experiencing some problems with battery charging but it seems that bad usb cable is to blame - the one that came with the phone

Edited by brixy

I've download file GMS and it is 73MB, gapps that you posted is 135MB. Why? Are there differences (less apps) ? Is GMS free?

When I tried to set google apps at stock CoolUI it went like this:

Connected to WiFi

Settings, About phone, multiple tapping on build data, I'm developer, back

Accessibility, GMS and then I can't remember details but phone downloaded the package 

and rebooted to stock recovery and flashed gapps and it went just fine

If you replace stock with custom recovery you can probably find where GMS is and flash it through stock or, even better

download your gapps and flash that instead...

Guest pletko

@brixy

downloaded the nexus rom from needrom. so far so good although i notice the battery draining a bit faster than usual. atleast it's draining... :)

Guest corvettec3

When I tried to set google apps at stock CoolUI it went like this:

Connected to WiFi

Settings, About phone, multiple tapping on build data, I'm developer, back

Accessibility, GMS and then I can't remember details but phone downloaded the package 

and rebooted to stock recovery and flashed gapps and it went just fine

If you replace stock with custom recovery you can probably find where GMS is and flash it through stock or, even better

download your gapps and flash that instead...

thanks, I installed playstore with gms mode without root, as you said.

Now if I want change playstore language, so I can install other apps in italian language, what should I do?

I want to freeze chinese apps with titanium backup but I can't because I need to make root. Is there another way to freeze?

Edited by corvettec3

Guest xeros2

Is anyone experiencing Asphalt 1.6.0e crashes on start (especially on 4.4.2 ROMs)? There were no problems with previous version, but I see that not many people complain on this new version.

Guest grga84

Hi,

I bought F1 yesterday.

Phone i very good.

It was rooted.

I instaled neew cm recovery and flashed Coollife 0039.

I have problem.

My in call volume is good but people on the other side dont hear me good.

Can i increse microphone volume.

I had that problem on stock room.

Tnx 

Guest korekore1

Is anyone experiencing Asphalt 1.6.0e crashes on start (especially on 4.4.2 ROMs)? There were no problems with previous version, but I see that not many people complain on this new version.

its the new way kitkat handles sdcard stuff..

Guest xeros2

its the new way kitkat handles sdcard stuff..

Isn't there a fix for kitkat SD treatment?

Thanks, but it's not that.

Btw. such fix can be included in any ROMs by just editing /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml (which I have already) and I didn't have such problem in previous Asphalt version (1.5.0h) or other apps & games, but unfortunately version 1.5.0h is not supported anymore (forcing to update at start).

(I still use laek.17's AOSP 4.4.2 v3)

Edited by xeros2

Guest korekore1

Thanks, but it's not that.

Btw. such fix can be included in any ROMs by just editing /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml (which I have already) and I didn't have such problem in previous Asphalt version (1.5.0h) or other apps & games, but unfortunately version 1.5.0h is not supported anymore (forcing to update at start).

(I still use laek.17's AOSP 4.4.2 v3)

then its not a rom problem,the game's update is what you should blame

Guest xeros2

then its not a rom problem,the game's update is what you should blame

Probably yes, but I wanted to be sure asking here if anyone is using it and has such issues or not, as there are many comments from other phone users (also on KitKat) that it works without any problems.

Guest mindtrapper

Any chance we could analyze the Color OS rom in order to steal it's sound? I would love an AOSP with sound performance like that... :) Is it just libs or deeper stuff?

Guest corvettec3

with official 4.2 036 rom audio in call was high. Now with official kitkat 009 rom audio is low. I've seen with mobileuncle tools audio setting. What is audio call option?

with official 4.2 036 rom audio in call was high. Now with official kitkat 009 rom audio is low. I've seen with mobileuncle tools audio setting. What is audio call option?

From what I can tell from other forums, the Microphone setting is Audio > Normal > Mic.

And it seems that though there are 14 levels, only the first 6 should be changed.

Give it a go.

Guest gordito

I didnt follow this tread for a few days, since i got my ne phone (Oneplus)

Can you please tell me:

1) Is there an official KK rom yet?

2) What is the latest official rom?

Im mostly interested in sound performance, and stability.

Guest slime00

the first WCDMA 4.4.2 version is out (v.009), but still needs some adjustments, from what a lot of users said.

I found a new 4.2.2 AOSP by XS (he's usually very good in developing roms), didn't try it yet

V1: 
1. this ROM for Android native style; 
2 of the ROM based Android 4.2; 
3. this ROM camera, calls, data, Internet, Bluetooth, GPS, etc. can work normally; 

000634kfewdxy5dyhxw795.jpg

Download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1tT3QY
WCDMA Patch: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1sjLPl9r

Guest mindtrapper

Anyone could figure out why Plague Inc game crashes with PURE AOSP v2? People tell me that it works in laek v4. Here is a logcat.

logcat.txt

Edited by mindtrapper