You are right, what a dumbell!!

Thanks so much for your help flurry & CaptainMidnight

I've learnt a lot in the last 24 hours

Drivers downloaded OK

Green light on rktools

System restore successful

We're up and running

Thanks again you guys brilliant!

not a problem, glad you're back up and running!

Guest kiteboywales

Good to see some peeps getting it working

For the life of me I cant get working in 64bit Windows 8.1 - Even tried restoring to windows 8 but the rock drivers just wont go on

So tried various forms of virtual machines and an old pc from the shed (that was a noo go anyway) but I am not having much joy at all

So going to take the thing into work and try on an old win 2000 server!!!!

Guest flurry

I wonder if the virtual machines are being scuppered by windows 8.1's lack of drivers - if the host system can't see the device then maybe the virtual one can't either? I don't have a windows computer to test the theory on though.

Hopefully your server will solve the problem!

Guest kiteboywales

Still unable to get the drivers on - Ive gone and used my mothers laptop with windows 7 32 bit and the device is picked up in device manager (android) but the rockchip drivers just will not install......done the have disk option etc . Tried 32 bit - 64 bit the lot

I just dont get it - it seem to be in bootloader mode - ie nothing on screen at all 

So will try again later on my sisters 64bit windows 7 - really am stumpped though at the mo

Guest flurry

Still unable to get the drivers on - Ive gone and used my mothers laptop with windows 7 32 bit and the device is picked up in device manager (android) but the rockchip drivers just will not install......done the have disk option etc . Tried 32 bit - 64 bit the lot

I just dont get it - it seem to be in bootloader mode - ie nothing on screen at all 

So will try again later on my sisters 64bit windows 7 - really am stumpped though at the mo

I may have asked this before, in which case I apologise, but are you using the original hudl cable?

Guest kiteboywales

Im not sure but have tried another cable too

Well went on sisters laptop win 7 64bit and again just wont install - I did a screencast - will try and add on here when I get 5mins (need to take audio off it!)

Again picks up android and installs the ADB driver but rktools finds nothing at all - Ive never been able to install any drivers from rockchip

Will put up video link later

Guest flurry

Im not sure but have tried another cable too

Well went on sisters laptop win 7 64bit and again just wont install - I did a screencast - will try and add on here when I get 5mins (need to take audio off it!)

Again picks up android and installs the ADB driver but rktools finds nothing at all - Ive never been able to install any drivers from rockchip

Will put up video link later

if you navigate to the rockusbdriver folder in the file explorer are there any drivers in there? Have you tried re-downloading the zip file? It could be that the version you downloaded didn't download properly?

EDIT: it's not something like trying to install the drivers without admin rights? I'm not that competent with windows, so don't know if this could cause it

Edited by flurry

Guest kiteboywales

Thanks - tried again yesterday with official cable/ re-downloading drivers and the same thing happens - Its beaten me - I think I will try and return it

Just to make sure though when in bootloader I get the tesco hudl star screen.....no sound and then a charging icon when plugged into laptop and then screen goes blank basically

I assume this is bootloader mode? It does show up in device manager (just cant install stil)

Guest flurry

Thanks - tried again yesterday with official cable/ re-downloading drivers and the same thing happens - Its beaten me - I think I will try and return it

Just to make sure though when in bootloader I get the tesco hudl star screen.....no sound and then a charging icon when plugged into laptop and then screen goes blank basically

I assume this is bootloader mode? It does show up in device manager (just cant install stil)

nope, that's your issue there! Literally nothing shows on the screen when in bootloader mode - if the star or charging symbol show then it's not in bootloader mode

Guest kiteboywales

At last......yep it was my error all along.....what I thought was boot loader mode was not after all

Thanks for all the help its now up and running just fine

Guest flurry

At last......yep it was my error all along.....what I thought was boot loader mode was not after all

Thanks for all the help its now up and running just fine

glad to hear it!