Looking for CHEAP PAYG/Contract which gives FREE DATA per month? Alternative to Ovivo Mobile?

Guest TescoHudl

Guest TescoHudl

Hi,

I am looking for a new PAYG or contract for my phone which will give me a free data allowance per month. I used to be with Ovivo mobile which worked on a PAYG basis, but they gave 250 minutes of phone calls, 300 texts and 500MB of data per month for free. Apart from the £18 charge to buy the SIM, that was it. There were no hidden costs or anything like that, it didn't cost me a penny to run my phone. It worked on advertising, so when browsing the internet on the mobile data, an advert page would come up every now and again for a couple of seconds. It worked really well for me because i rarely make any phone calls or texts, i reckon in three months i would send around six texts and not make any phone calls. However, i used the mobile data a lot, normally gobbling up a good amount of my data allowance every month.

Unfortunately, Ovivo mobile closed down a while ago, so i moved onto Three's 321 PAYG on a temporary basis. They charge 3p per minute for phone calls (Which is great) and 2p per text (Excellent), but they are charging me 1p per 1MB of data. This may not sound like much but i use loads of internet and it costs me a little too much! 

Every time i go on the Internet it really bothers me, because i know i am spending money to check on unimportant things like Facebook and Instagram. I didn't have this problem on Ovivo because they gave 500MB of free data every month!

I want to switch to a network provider who will give me free data every month, but i am struggling to find any deals on PAYG. I don't mind paying more for calls and texts because it doesn't really bother me, however i need at least 250MB of data per month at the absolute minimum.

A contract would be okay but my limit would be like £5 a month!

Also, i think i need to stay away from Three because the signal is absolutely terrible!

I am wondering whether anyone here knows of some good deals worth checking out? If i could swap to a provider who will give me free data every month it would be absolutely awesome. 

Suggestions please? :)

Thanks! 

• 1 month later...
Guest tarquino

i think you will be better off with 3 or alternatvely take out a contract for under £15 if you really require data. have you had a look at the giffgaff offerings?

• 1 month later...
Guest lineone

you need these guys and they are also on vodafone.

https://www.kontaktmobile.co.uk/shop.

a five pound top up (payg) gives you 250mb that lasts 60 days and five pounds worth of credit for calls (9p/min) and texts (9p/min).

Hi,

I am looking for a new PAYG or contract for my phone which will give me a free data allowance per month. I used to be with Ovivo mobile which worked on a PAYG basis, but they gave 250 minutes of phone calls, 300 texts and 500MB of data per month for free. Apart from the £18 charge to buy the SIM, that was it. There were no hidden costs or anything like that, it didn't cost me a penny to run my phone. It worked on advertising, so when browsing the internet on the mobile data, an advert page would come up every now and again for a couple of seconds. It worked really well for me because i rarely make any phone calls or texts, i reckon in three months i would send around six texts and not make any phone calls. However, i used the mobile data a lot, normally gobbling up a good amount of my data allowance every month.

Unfortunately, Ovivo mobile closed down a while ago, so i moved onto Three's 321 PAYG on a temporary basis. They charge 3p per minute for phone calls (Which is great) and 2p per text (Excellent), but they are charging me 1p per 1MB of data. This may not sound like much but i use loads of internet and it costs me a little too much! 

Every time i go on the Internet it really bothers me, because i know i am spending money to check on unimportant things like Facebook and Instagram. I didn't have this problem on Ovivo because they gave 500MB of free data every month!

I want to switch to a network provider who will give me free data every month, but i am struggling to find any deals on PAYG. I don't mind paying more for calls and texts because it doesn't really bother me, however i need at least 250MB of data per month at the absolute minimum.

A contract would be okay but my limit would be like £5 a month!

Also, i think i need to stay away from Three because the signal is absolutely terrible!

I am wondering whether anyone here knows of some good deals worth checking out? If i could swap to a provider who will give me free data every month it would be absolutely awesome. 

Suggestions please? :)

Thanks! 

Edited by lineone