[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest Romagnolo1973

what is the better kernel for this rom?[emoji120][emoji16][emoji16]

the original one if you use bluetooth is perfect, if you don't use any BT device you can try this Synopsis kernel stable

http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/3102165/file.html  that give you better performance and better battery but you loose BT features

I have a problem, it is not related with this ROM it is my SD card I think. I put my SD card in PC  using card reader and after that I have problem with scanning music and photos. When I use other ROMs that use internal memory as primary everything works fine, but with this ROM it doesn't. Anybody knows how to fix this?

you can try xposed media scanner from xda it works perfectly, is an app and you must active it via xposed and put a shortcup of the app in your home to manage it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/xposed-xposed-media-scanner-optimizer-t2942609

or if you want something more simple try 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.addz.mediascannerroot&hl=uk

Guest Romagnolo1973

In this android version is not possible to have brightness control in the notification area?

I mean like in most lg phone.

no, but there is an option in gravity box that allow you to set brightness swiping with your finger into the notification bar

Guest rgs_rgs

It's a little tricky because there's libs you've got to remove too.

I've not worked on the ROM in a few weeks as I've been busy with other stuff, but I might try to add 1 memory saving option soon. When I do that I should be able to upload a version with GAPPS removed.

At the moment I can tell you the most basic of apps that you can remove.

ExchangeServices.apk

Gmail.apk

GooglePlayServices.apk

Phonesky.apk

SetupWizard.apk

Talk.apk

I know that there's more, but I'd need to test if any of the system apps depend on them. The above few are the main ones that take up a lot of RAM though.

H3ROS:

I've been removing Google from ROM with a great performance improvement (as you said I've saved a lot of RAM that makes phone run smoother). I've removed only apk's, because I don't know their lib dependency.

I've have removed following apps and everything is running without any problem (only I've got an error on Nova Launcher the first time I boot the ROM because Google folder couldn't be completed). But after deleting the folder everything runs great:

• com.google.android.youtube-1.apk: Youtube app from data folder
  • BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk: Restores Google settings
  • ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk: Syncs Chrome bookmarks
  • ExchangeServices.apk: It's needed for Gmail.apk
  • Gmail.apk: Gmail app
  • GoogleBackupTransport.apk: Handles backup of google settings
  • GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk: Sync system for Calendar with Google Calendar
  • GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk: Sync system for Contacts with Google Contacts
  • GoogleFeedback.apk: Forceclose reporting for Gapps. ANR/FC Reports
  • GoogleLoginService.apk: Google login system
  • GooglePartnerSetup.apk: In App purchases. Needed for Google Play app
  • GooglePlayServices.apk: Google Play app
  • GoogleServicesFramework.apk: Google login system for Gapps
  • MediaUploader.apk: Picasa and Youtube Uploader
  • Phonesky.apk: Needed for Google Play Store
  • SetupWizard.apk: Wizard to setup google account first time you boot phone
  • Talk.apk: Google Talk app

I've included Email.apk and Exchange2.apk (from your 15-10-2014 ROM because it was the latest one that you included it) in order to have an email client and works perfectly.

I've notice that mobile is smoother as I have more free RAM, and battery last longer (no great improvement but a bit).

Thank you very much for your help and for the great ROM

Edited by rgs_rgs

Does T9 search in this ROM works with accented letters?

In the stock ROM I can't use it for search names that has accented letters.

Eg.: I have a contact named Vörös, but it is not showed with the voros (86767) buttons.

Guest EdgeSRB

It's supposed to display the text though. If I was to remove it then if anyone has the expanded audio panel enabled they wouldn't be able to see what they're adjusting correctly.

But android is here for years, it's not created yesterday... if someone can flash your custom Rom on his phone, than he can for sure tell the difference between media and ringtone volume...

Guest LotR656

There is still problem with images in stock gallery @H3ROS. Also some of the music files is also not scanned.

I used MiXplorer to select all music files and then from vertical 3 dots select option "Metadata..." and then I press save and when process is done, music player scan them all. When I connect phone to PC using UMT (I think it that option. It is not MTP as a "device". I choose as USB memory). After I disconnect phone music player doesn't recognize files.

I don't know what is the problem, but when I choose CM 10.1 or SlimKat it scans everything and everything works like it should.

I haven't tried to go back to completely stock. Could that solve this problem?

@rgs_rgs

That looks about right, but if you remove the mediauploader.apk doesn't that break the gallery app?

Does T9 search in this ROM works with accented letters?

In the stock ROM I can't use it for search names that has accented letters.

Eg.: I have a contact named Vörös, but it is not showed with the voros (86767) buttons.

For the messaging app? It should support whatever the keyboard supports. The dialer is numbers only.

There is still problem with images in stock gallery @H3ROS. Also some of the music files is also not scanned.

I used MiXplorer to select all music files and then from vertical 3 dots select option "Metadata..." and then I press save and when process is done, music player scan them all. When I connect phone to PC using UMT (I think it that option. It is not MTP as a "device". I choose as USB memory). After I disconnect phone music player doesn't recognize files.

I don't know what is the problem, but when I choose CM 10.1 or SlimKat it scans everything and everything works like it should.

I haven't tried to go back to completely stock. Could that solve this problem?

That's a known issue and it happens on stock ROM's too. If you mount as UMS it'll unmount the partition from Android, so in Android 4.1.1 it won't rescan the SD card after it's been remounted. The only way to fix it is to reboot otherwise custom music for stuff such as the alarm clock won't work.

I posted the links to an older Google bug report before. There's no known fix other than to avoid UMS.

Edit: I installed the Xposed media scanner module. After remounting the SD card custom ringtones e.g. Hangouts go missing. You should see a notifcation telling you that the media scanner is scanning the SD card though and when it completes the ringtones will all work again.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest rgs_rgs

@rgs_rgs

That looks about right, but if you remove the mediauploader.apk doesn't that break the gallery app?

No, it doesn't. The only change is that Picasa icon uploader doesn't appear in the top menu when you have a photo or Youtube icon in the case of a video. Gallery works as expected, as camera does

Edited by rgs_rgs

For the messaging app? It should support whatever the keyboard supports. The dialer is numbers only.

Messaging is OK. I think about the "Phone" app.

It can search in the contacts' names with the letters on the numbers. Like this:

post-701929-0-18212700-1424984076_thumb.

The problem is I can't get it work with accented letters.

Guest wbrambley

I've made none. Huawei has made changes to bluetooth with almost every new build, so for example the B200 kernel will break bluetooth support for the B209 ROM. They've not released an updated kernel source either so if I want bluetooth to be fully working I have to supply the ROM with the stock kernel.

Any changes in services.jar or anything else in framework folder? I am mix and matching from stock and if I get NFC working with Bluetooth file transfers via gallery app it breaks the advanced reboot from GravityBox.

Edit: I can't multitask between drinking, smoking, watching TV and working this out on PC.

Edited by wbrambley

Messaging is OK. I think about the "Phone" app.

It can search in the contacts' names with the letters on the numbers. Like this:

attachicon.gif2015-02-26-21-44-55-7682.png

The problem is I can't get it work with accented letters.

The dialer isn't the same as that one, so I just tested it and it looks to work.

Any changes in services.jar or anything else in framework folder? I am mix and matching from stock and if I get NFC working with Bluetooth file transfers via gallery app it breaks the advanced reboot from GravityBox.

Edit: I can't multitask between drinking, smoking, watching TV and working this out on PC.

I think there is, but nothing major and nothing that should cause problems with NFC.

Thanks for you time H3ROS :)

I kept working on it. I've fixed the issue, but it might require you to delete the existing media store contents before it actually works. A change Huawei made was the cause.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest LotR656

I kept working on it. I've fixed the issue, but it might require you to delete the existing media store contents before it actually works. A change Huawei made was the cause.

So I will need to download all music files again?

edit: btw I think it is virus on SD card of something like that. I tried AOSPA from luca and when I enter in Documents (where all downloads are and from where you can explore Internal storage and SD card) and when I slide from left to right to open slide menu to choose storage it detects Internal storage as Internal storage, but where should be SD card there is some weird signs and letters. Something like ^*^&^(some letters I forget what was it) ^^a^&^    something like that. If you want I will flash that ROM again to show you what I am talking about. I formatted SD card and transferred files again to SD card, problem is same. Is there any way how I can scan files to find which files are corrupted? I tried with avast! premier and nothing.

How I am too much curious about this problem and what is the answer. I hope somebody will know what problem is. Thanks again :D

Edited by LotR656

So I will need to download all music files again?

edit: btw I think it is virus on SD card of something like that. I tried AOSPA from luca and when I enter in Documents (where all downloads are and from where you can explore Internal storage and SD card) and when I slide from left to right to open slide menu to choose storage it detects Internal storage as Internal storage, but where should be SD card there is some weird signs and letters. Something like ^*^&^(some letters I forget what was it) ^^a^&^    something like that. If you want I will flash that ROM again to show you what I am talking about. I formatted SD card and transferred files again to SD card, problem is same. Is there any way how I can scan files to find which files are corrupted? I tried with avast! premier and nothing.

How I am too much curious about this problem and what is the answer. I hope somebody will know what problem is. Thanks again :D

Nope, just need to clear the media store cache. I should be able to do that from recovery.

I don't think you'd have any kind of virus on your SD card. Corrupt contents maybe?

The updated ROM and the standalone update is now available :)

@ wbrambley

Thanks. That seems like a lot of changes, but luckily none of them conflict with the new update.

What happens if you just disable the advanced reboot option and try an app from the Play Store or a different xposed module? If it caused GravityBox or a system app to force close then I might be able to patch the ROM to catch that error and handle it in some way.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest wbrambley

The updated ROM and the update is now available :)

@ wbrambley

Thanks. That seems like a lot of changes, but luckily none of them conflict with the new update.

What happens if you just disable the advanced reboot option and try an app from the Play Store or a different xposed module? If it caused GravityBox or a system app to force close then I might be able to patch the ROM to catch that error and handle it in some way.

I think services.jar was changed, default in this ROM is a different size to stock y300 b209 or b199 and different also to g510 b198 (All four are different) I need to learn how to unpack/repack dex files to see changes.

I think services.jar was changed, default in this ROM is a different size to stock y300 b209 or b199 and different also to g510 b198 (All four are different) I need to learn how to unpack/repack dex files to see changes.

I know I made changes to it, but I can't remember what since I've made so many changes over time. I know it's nothing to do with bluetooth or NFC in general though as I've not needed to change any of that.

To unpack:

java -jar baksmali.jar classes.dex -l -o services

To repack:

java -jar smali.jar services -o classes.dex

I would do it myself but it's early in the morning for me (4:28am) so I'm going to get some sleep. If you've not posted by the time I'm awake again then I'll take a look to remind myself :)

By the way, your curently included services.jar might cause issues if it doesn't contain changes I've made. It might not though since I can't even remember what I've changed.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest wbrambley

I know I made changes to it, but I can't remember what since I've made so many changes over time. I know it's nothing to do with bluetooth or NFC in general though as I've not needed to change any of that.

To unpack:

java -jar baksmali.jar classes.dex -l -o services

To repack:

java -jar smali.jar services -o classes.dex

I would do it myself but it's early in the morning for me (4:28am) so I'm going to get some sleep. If you've not posted by the time I'm awake again then I'll take a look to remind myself :)

By the way, your curently included services.jar might cause issues if it doesn't contain changes I've made. It might not though since I can't even remember what I've changed.

Yes you better get some sleep! I have tried APM+ exposed module and it works. Need to remove "stock" reboot and then add reboot back in with the options ticked that you want.

As you can password protect this power menu it is a bit more secure too.

A friend of mine that got an Y300-0100 said that during last weeks, when he tries to install an xposed module (downloaded on the xposed installer) from the download app, it crashes. So i decided to do a full wipe and give it a test and i discovered that it happens to me too (in the past was not happening, i am 100% sure), it can be caused by some Google Play Services updates or what?, honestly, he doesn't care about this, he just wanted to report an issue, but if there isn't a way to fix that, doesn't matter.

Downloaded .apk's from any browser can be installed without a problem. Only xposed modules seems to be affected by that bug.

Edited by fonz93