[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

1. This is a 100% fresh install with no data restored or apps changed, correct? So it errors immediately after installing it.

2. What ROM was you previously using?

3. Could the ROM be incomplete/corrupt due to a bad download? The current MD5 is 62b0335a9b3bb214cf8979c1ee0a00d8.

4. If the ROM's MD5 matches then could you install CatLog from the Play Store (without SIM) and then put the SIM in, force your way past the errors and save the log file?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xenonrider

1. This is a 100% fresh install with no data restored or apps changed, correct? So it errors immediately after installing it.

2. What ROM was you previously using?

3. Could the ROM be incomplete/corrupt due to a bad download? The current MD5 is 62b0335a9b3bb214cf8979c1ee0a00d8.

4. If the ROM's MD5 matches then could you install CatLog from the Play Store (without SIM) and then put the SIM in, force your way past the errors and save the log file?

1. Yes. This is a 100% fresh install with everything wiped. No data was restored and no apps were changed. It errors immediately during setup.
2. Stock Y300-151 ROM. 
3. The ROM on my external SD card is AOSP_MOD_(28.02.2015).zip with an MD5 hash of: 62b0335a9b3bb214cf8979c1ee0a00d8
4. Log Attached:

2015-03-29-16-29-47.txt

Guest H3ROS

It's hard to make out why it's crashing. There's a mention of ImageWallpaper and RecentsPanel, but I think this would have more to do with the network options. It doesn't make any sense though because the only options are 2G and 3G :unsure:

Who's your network provider and what country are you in?

For now you could try Fonz's CM10.1 as that's pretty stable. Maybe if you try to circle through the network modes and try to use 2G by default. If you then try this ROM again at a later date it might decide to work once your settings are uploaded to Googles servers.

Guest xenonrider

It's hard to make out why it's crashing. There's a mention of ImageWallpaper and RecentsPanel, but I think this would have more to do with the network options. It doesn't make any sense though because the only options are 2G and 3G :unsure:

Who's your network provider and what country are you in?

For now you could try Fonz's CM10.1 as that's pretty stable. Maybe if you try to circle through the network modes and try to use 2G by default. If you then try this ROM again at a later date it might decide to work once your settings are uploaded to Googles servers.

Looking at the log there's about 10+ references to:

Could not find class 'android.os.UserManager', referenced from method com.google.android.gms.common.util.a.c

this could be the reason possibly?

I'm in Canada and Bell is the network provider.

BTW, the moment I put it into Airplane mode the System UI has stopped errors go away.

Edited by xenonrider

Guest H3ROS

Looking at the log there's about 10+ references to:

Could not find class 'android.os.UserManager', referenced from method com.google.android.gms.common.util.a.c

this could be the reason possibly?

I'm in Canada and Bell is the network provider.

BTW, the moment I put it into Airplane mode the System UI has stopped errors go away.

That's a safe one. It happens based on the version of Android.

I'm pretty sure that it's linked to the network modes, but I don't know why it would error for you and nobody else.

The SystemUI has a button to switch between 2G only, 3G only and 3G prefered but it falls back to 2G if it's not available. If for some reason one of them network modes wasn't available then I could understand the error, but right now it's really weird.

Guest xenonrider

That's a safe one. It happens based on the version of Android.

I'm pretty sure that it's linked to the network modes, but I don't know why it would error for you and nobody else.

The SystemUI has a button to switch between 2G only, 3G only and 3G prefered but it falls back to 2G if it's not available. If for some reason one of them network modes wasn't available then I could understand the error, but right now it's really weird.

No worries. Thanks for the suggestion of installing CM10.1 It's working great and Play Music, Play Newsstand all work great. Here Maps still can't download maps, but according to Fonz I can just upload them to the SD Card. Thanks again for all of your help.

Guest killadroid

Big issues yesterday, would take pictures and then they where gone, not in gallery and then sometimes would be in ES file explorer and then would not

The camera records a video so I assumed i followed your instructions to change the built in camera ok

I think i am not meant to use this rom :(

no one is forcing you dude

Guest jeffk82

no one is forcing you dude

I meant as in I want to use this rom as EVERYONE says its the best, but then all I have is issues and I have tried everything

Its not like an issue you can work around, have no video with camera that comes with or try put my own in and pictures dissapear, no choice there

Edited by jeffk82

Guest Flea997

I meant as in I want to use this rom as EVERYONE says its the best, but then all I have is issues and I have tried everything

Its not like an issue you can work around, have no video with camera that comes with or try put my own in and pictures dissapear, no choice there

Have you tried with another sd?

Guest jeffk82

Have you tried with another sd?

No, the SD is a month or two old and I dont have any issues like this on any other ROM

I even had it set to save to internal memory and the same issues

Guest jeffk82

weird thing is you're the only one with this problem

I know :angry:

Every other Rom works(Slimkat is great but I dont like white boxes so I use CyanogenMod 10.1)

If theres an update on this one I might try it

Guest Flea997

No, the SD is a month or two old and I dont have any issues like this on any other ROM

I even had it set to save to internal memory and the same issues

I don't care much about how old is your Sd, maybe something is corrupt in your current.

Don't you have another at home jist for trying?

Guest jeffk82

I don't care much about how old is your Sd, maybe something is corrupt in your current.

Don't you have another at home jist for trying?

Wiped and repartioned the Sd and numerous other ideas to no joy

If there was an issue with this Sd then it would happen on other roms

Guest H3ROS

I made an error in the last few versions of the ROM it seems. I included an updated version of Exchange Services but I didn't check the minimum API. I just did after updating Gmail and found that it was set to KitKat, so currently exchange email support doesn't work and it could cause random reboots even if you don't use it.

Here's a fix that everyone should install: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXSmQyUFNfWU9zS0E/

I'm uploading a revised version of the ROM and ROM update.

Guest davef7

Someone tried whatsapp calls?? They work for you? Seems like the mic don't work. Problaby is because I have the port for g330. But it's strange because Skype and other voip app work without problem.

Guest fonz93

Someone tried whatsapp calls?? They work for you? Seems like the mic don't work. Problaby is because I have the port for g330. But it's strange because Skype and other voip app work without problem.

Does your port for g330 include a custom audio_policy.conf?

Guest davef7

Does your port for g330 include a custom audio_policy.conf?

I think no, if I remember well, for the port we must change audio.primary.msm and libcm.so.

Guest fonz93

At the moment not, I haven't th phone now, I gave it to my mother, because I changed smartphone.

Ok, when you can, can you send it to me? because i want to check something, G510 got the same issue on custom ROMs (CM and similar), i want to see if it's the same problem

Guest davef7

Ok, when you can, can you send it to me? because i want to check something, G510 got the same issue on custom ROMs (CM and similar), i want to see if it's the same problem

Sure!