[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest luca020400

Yes, never remove Talk (or Hangout) because it's needed to receive push notification.

Hmm you can remove it

Hangout / Talk has nothing to do with notifications

The grey wi-fi icons can may have been fixed with the latest version of Google Play Services: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-services/google-play-services-7-5-62-1927436-034-android-apk-download/

I still have problem with grey icon (signal) but only after Wi-Fi is turned off.

In any case it's not any problem but I'm interested how do you know which one Google Service to update when it's at least 10 of them released today? Sorry if the question is a bit stupid. :unsure:

@InSpace download the one fonz posted,it should have -034 at the end coz our device is 240dpi

Okay, thank you for info. What about this one CLICK ?

Edited by Guest

Guest dkr84

List:

307uget.png

The updated libraries should be Google Play Services libraries

Thanks Fonz for the list. Guys, which launcher do you use beside pre-installed Nova? Is there a way to use Themer app on this phone? I've read somewhere that you can use it by changing screen resolution. Did anyone try to change it? What can happen if you do? 

Guest fonz93

I still have problem with grey icon (signal) but only after Wi-Fi is turned off.

In any case it's not any problem but I'm interested how do you know which one Google Service to update when it's at least 10 of them released today? Sorry if the question is a bit stupid. :unsure:

The bars are grey because there is no connection with Google services, how can the phone be connected to Google if you haven't any data connection available?

The function of the bars is to let you know if your phone is connected to Google services or not.

Blue=Fully connected

Grey=Not connected to Google services, even if you have a working data connection

Okay, thank you for info. What about this one CLICK ?

as @killadroid already said, we use -034, if you install a  different version, Google Play Store will automatically download the latest stable -034 version as soon as it gets a working data connection.

Edited by fonz93

The bars are grey because there is no connection with Google services, how can the phone be connected to Google if you haven't any data connection available?

The function of the bars is to let you know if your phone is connected to Google services or not.

as @killadroid already said, we use -034, if you install a  different version, Google Play Store will automatically download the latest stable -034 version as soon as it gets a working data connection.

I knew that but still when I have data connection on it's grey. In any case thank you for answer. ;)

Edited by Guest

Guest fonz93

I knew that but still when I have data connection on it's grey. In any case thank you for answer. ;)

In some cases with data connection it's still grey because the connection is slow, i noticed that some months ago before that the "grey" icons bug came out

Guest naxx99

My phone worked about 2 months with this ROM without problems. Now when I turn on it stays for 20 seconds and restarts. I tried to wipe everything and install new ROM but it doesn't wipe anything. Now I'm stuck with this restarting thing. I saw something crashed before turning off I think it was gapps.

Please help me

Guest pakoGDLmx

My phone worked about 2 months with this ROM without problems. Now when I turn on it stays for 20 seconds and restarts. I tried to wipe everything and install new ROM but it doesn't wipe anything. Now I'm stuck with this restarting thing. I saw something crashed before turning off I think it was gapps.

Please help me

You need to install another Rom, Stock or Custom. If you still can't, you will need to install the update.app for your phone. This happend to me with other Rom, and was the only way to recover my phone.

Guest clickmeplz

I think , Gallery2.apk used in http://www.modaco.com/topic/369189-rom-411-emotion-ui-23-final-060514/
is better than GoogleGallery used at current rom. It has smaller size (7.3M against 17M) , gallery view is smoother and more beautiful.

Also i think, camera picture quality is better than current (it is my view).
You can download it from https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0tb4gLetsdqTDBUaXh5NG4tVE0&authuser=1 , then replace it with GoogleGallery.apk in /system/app and reboot.

Edited by clickmeplz

Guest H3ROS

That's just the stock Huawei camera, which actually isn't any better. They both use exactly the same config to generate the pictures.

The size difference is due to the Google cameras gallery app having more effects and it doesn't tie into the OS the same as the Huawei version does. And although unrelated to it's size, it also doesn't abuse permissions like the Huawei camera does.

I've been providing the Huawei camera as a standalone app that people can install for a while now. The difference is that the version I supply is for B209 where as the version you linked to is for B199.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXdHV0N0JYODRrYzg/

Edited by H3ROS

Guest croshad

My grey icons problem went away when i installed Hangouts and my push notification wasn't really working as it should either. Now, when i installed the latest rom, hangouts installed automatically and i removed it after, so that might have caused an issue but now with hangouts installed all is well.

Guest H3ROS

H3ROS, I just wanted to ask you if there's any chance you could possibly backport the 4.2 notification menu?

It's not possible to do a real backport unfortunately as there's way too many changes between the Android versions. The menu can only be faked, but it impacts the performance of the phone and doesn't function like 4.2 really does.

Guest killadroid

without removing talk there is blue bars signal.when u delete it there's no blue signal bars,so I think no one should remove it

Guest dkr84

H3ROS, you once mentioned that in order for somebody to completly remove Google from the phone he also has to remove the remaining libs. Does one have to do that? I didn't notice any strange behavior for not doing it. Well, after removing GPS's libs once I noticed that I couldn't download from the browser but that is maybe another issue.. 

Edit: I removed all  libs from the Google Gallery app, Google Play Services and LatinIme, removed all Google apks and my phone stuck on the carrier logo... maybe I shouldn't touch the libs other than those of GPSs..

Edited by dkr84

Guest H3ROS

You could download GAPPS for 4.1.x and look at what libs are included. Remove them and then open up GooglePlayServices.apk and remove the libs listed there too. You can then also remove the correct APK's so that you're totally GAPPS free.

Keep in mind that when you remove GAPPS it'll break push notifications.

http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

If you install the above GAPPS version over the stock version then it'll probably cause issues, so only use the files as a reference.

Edited by H3ROS