[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest Takamoto

Could you tell me, how can I set the sd card as default storage location for the camera?

Is strange..default location for all in this rom is sd card.

Try to look your build.prop,and if your situation is this:

persyst.sys.main_storage=internal_sd

Change it with this:

persyst.sys.main_storage=external_sd

..and reboot.. :-))

Guest elistvan

I downloaded the program called build.prop editor, changed the line as you suggested but nothing happened after reboot.  The camera software-s are telling me again that I have insufficent space. Other ideas?

Edited by elistvan

Guest Takamoto
I downloaded the program called build.prop editor, changed the line as you suggested but nothing happened after reboot.  The camera software-s are telling me again that I have insufficent space. Other ideas?

You don't need another program for to edit the build.prop.

Use simply es file manager.

In option active "root access"

Then go to /system/build.prop and find the line in question.

Check if its modified correctly and write in forum later..

Guest adidado

Hello,

The peak game application just quits from the game to the menu after some seconds in gameplay. I haven't tried any other games or sure about that it should be running smooth on this device, but it was running okay for a day or so. Have you guys ever tried this game on this phone or have similar problem with any other games??

Thank you in advance!

Guest AmazingAndreaz

Hello,

I have a friend with a Huawei G510 and he's really complaining about it being laggy and such. I want to help him and when I looked at his "About Phone"-menu, it said "HUAWEI G510-0100". Is this ROM suited for that device?

And how does flashing a custom recovery (to install this ROM) work? Does Huawei work with bootloaders or what? I've only worked with Samsung and Motorola.

Thanks in advance :)

Guest Mr Voland

Hello,

I have a friend with a Huawei G510 and he's really complaining about it being laggy and such. I want to help him and when I looked at his "About Phone"-menu, it said "HUAWEI G510-0100". Is this ROM suited for that device?

And how does flashing a custom recovery (to install this ROM) work? Does Huawei work with bootloaders or what? I've only worked with Samsung and Motorola.

Thanks in advance :)

In first post it says for y300/g510 so it should work but if not here is This topic where is all roms for y300/g510.

It works with bootloader which is need to be unlocked to install custom recovery. To get bootloader unlock code use program called 'DC unlocker '  with device for your phone, and you unlock it via adb, when device is in fasboot mode.

Also: the most of roms made for y300 also works on g510

Guest AmazingAndreaz

In first post it says for y300/g510 so it should work but if not here is This topic where is all roms for y300/g510.

It works with bootloader which is need to be unlocked to install custom recovery. To get bootloader unlock code use program called 'DC unlocker '  with device for your phone, and you unlock it via adb, when device is in fasboot mode.

Also: the most of roms made for y300 also works on g510

Alright, I'll just talk to him. You will hear what we're going to do ;)

I'm doing some experiments with this rom. More precisely, I removed all gapps and related libs.

The only downside, in my experience, is the breaking of push notifications.

I've found this project which tries implementing gapps services but everything is open source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-microg-gmscore-floss-play-services-t3217616

The requirements are 4.4+ rom (there are people saying it works even on 4.1+ roms, so I got this requirement) and a particular patch which implements the signature faking.

Does AOSP MOD rom comprise this patch?

EDIT: I'd also like to know what apps are removable (without facing problems) before flashing the rom. What should I do if I want to add some of my favourite apks? Do I just have to add the files into some app folder or have I to make some scripts?

Packages I'd like to remove (or replace with others) are:

Nova Launcher -> Smart Launcher

Viper4Android

I can't remember others at the moment :) But probably the same rules apply to lot of apks. Am i forced to remove/replace some apks AFTER the rom has been flashed?

Some more links about the gapps-free stuff:

https://fralef.me/using-android-without-google-apps.html

https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki/Building

http://android.izzysoft.de/articles/named/android-without-google-5a

Edited by evkol
needed info about what apps are removable

Guest Takamoto
I'm doing some experiments with this rom. More precisely, I removed all gapps and related libs.

The only downside, in my experience, is the breaking of push notifications.

I've found this project which tries implementing gapps services but everything is open source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/app-microg-gmscore-floss-play-services-t3217616

The requirements are 4.4+ rom (there are people saying it works even on 4.1+ roms, so I got this requirement) and a particular patch which implements the signature faking.

Does AOSP MOD rom comprise this patch?

EDIT: I'd also like to know what apps are removable (without facing problems) before flashing the rom. What should I do if I want to add some of my favourite apks? Do I just have to add the files into some app folder or have I to make some scripts?

Packages I'd like to remove (or replace with others) are:

Nova Launcher -> Smart Launcher

Viper4Android

I can't remember others at the moment :) But probably the same rules apply to lot of apks. Am i forced to remove/replace some apks AFTER the rom has been flashed?

Some more links about the gapps-free stuff:

https://fralef.me/using-android-without-google-apps.html

https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki/Building

http://android.izzysoft.de/articles/named/android-without-google-5a

I like your idea..but we need a developers like @srfarias for this project.

H3ROS abandoned this rom because now is almost perfect and fully-functionality for people like me who don't want loose nothing.

This rom is the unique with full hwa and 3d support and is speed and stable.

I use this all day and still it defends well.

Before leaving the project,H3ROS wanted to make a version with gapps removed "pure aosp" this is what you say..

Personally I'd like a double version like cm with gapps pack apart.

I like your idea..but we need a developers like @srfarias for this project.

H3ROS abandoned this rom because now is almost perfect and fully-functionality for people like me who don't want loose nothing.

This rom is the unique with full hwa and 3d support and is speed and stable.

I use this all day and still it defends well.

Before leaving the project,H3ROS wanted to make a version with gapps removed "pure aosp" this is what you say..

Personally I'd like a double version like cm with gapps pack apart.

I'm sorry to hear that someone abandoned the idea of gapps-free with this rom. Well I'm doing experiments on my own, hoping to not destroy the world :P

Anyway I still need answers to the many questions I asked :D

• 1 month later...
Guest killadroid
Hi!

i installed this rom and everything seems to be working just fine except it won't let me connect to the data network, does anyone know why?

Check settings>mobile networks>APN .there should be data settings there by default,if not,u have to edit them manually

• 1 month later...
Guest wallacesoh

Hi. I have rooted my phone. I went into recovery mode by pressing Power button + Vol+ button. I placed the AOSP ROM .zip in my SD card. I tried to "apply update from SD card" and select the AOSP ROM. But it turns out to be "Installation aborted". Does anyone has a clue what went wrong?

Guest VLEking
3 hours ago, wallacesoh said:

Hi. I have rooted my phone. I went into recovery mode by pressing Power button + Vol+ button. I placed the AOSP ROM .zip in my SD card. I tried to "apply update from SD card" and select the AOSP ROM. But it turns out to be "Installation aborted". Does anyone has a clue what went wrong?

Try with different SD card. Had the same problem, SD card was corrupted.

Guest POmniac
11 hours ago, wallacesoh said:

Do you have installed a custom recovery?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest nacpiqsan

I'm sorry to hear that someone abandoned the idea of gapps-free with this rom. Well I'm doing experiments on my own, hoping to not destroy the world [emoji14]

Anyway I still need answers to the many questions I asked :D

About a free-gapps version of this rom (I also think it is the best rom for this device), it is possible to do something related to this link??

https://gist.github.com/olivier-m/6200184

It seems easy to make, but I dont know if it would work.

I have tried deleting ever google....apk of the system folder and the others apks related to google, as the gallery or hangouts, and the phone works fine, but to do it correctly I think it is necessary delete some directories and folders apart the google apks. I am not a developer, I only suggest some ideas without to know if it is the correct way.

Pd: sorry for my english.

• 1 month later...
Guest nonobio
On 17/07/2014 at 5:26 PM, H3ROS said:

1. I made a partition change with the last update due to a suggestion from fonz93. ro.emmc.sdcard.partition=18 got changed to ro.emmc.sdcard.partition=19, but I've not checked what impact this has as a whole. I believe his own ROM has been using it and nobody reported any issues, so I used his suggestion. Maybe fonz93 can better explain the reason why it's changed.

On 25/07/2014 at 0:12 AM, Han-Droid said:

i cannot help but i guess this shitty sdcard0 and sdcard1 are f*cking up everything...just  a hunch...

update:

I am pretty sure the massive lags are produced by the sd0 sd1 mix-up....and my sd-card seems to be a little slow.

Now, as a result I have to leave this rom....I was really hoping for improvement but opening facebook takes ages...other apps too...my wife would kill me *g*

Maybe someone has a hint for me.....for now I am out.....unfortunately... :-(.....

On 15/05/2015 at 7:47 PM, fonz93 said:

By default Android uses sdcard0 as default, and thanks to Huawei SD card swapping (set by default in this ROM) the SD card is sdcard0 and internal SD card it's sdcard1, so try to change it to internal storage, it will may use the SD card.

Hi,

I just flashed this rom and i'm suprised to see that sdcard0 and sdcard1 are swapped. I'm not sure to want this. Is there a way to use default android behavior : sdcard0 as default internal sdcard and sdcard1 for external sd card ?

Also, after flash, my external sdcard has been formated...maybe caused by his swap..

On 27/10/2015 at 1:24 PM, Takamoto said:

Is strange..default location for all in this rom is sd card.

Try to look your build.prop,and if your situation is this:

persyst.sys.main_storage=internal_sd

Change it with this:

persyst.sys.main_storage=external_sd

..and reboot.. :-))

Does it the solution for swapping card or is it just to change the default location ?

Maybe i will give a try to this default card swapping. How do you use your external sd card on this rom : as internal sd card (default for this rom) or as external sd card (default android behavior) ?

Edited by nonobio