[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest nonobio
On 17/07/2014 at 5:26 PM, H3ROS said:

1. I made a partition change with the last update due to a suggestion from fonz93. ro.emmc.sdcard.partition=18 got changed to ro.emmc.sdcard.partition=19, but I've not checked what impact this has as a whole. I believe his own ROM has been using it and nobody reported any issues, so I used his suggestion. Maybe fonz93 can better explain the reason why it's changed.

On 17/07/2014 at 5:48 PM, fonz93 said:

The ROM is using sd card ext as sd card0 because the prop of sd primary is set to "external_sd", that's means that the ROM uses sd ext as primary.

The change i suggested to H3ROS is to fix an Huawei bug, if you check the partition table the sd internal is the n°19, but for the prop Huawei uses the n°18, but the n°18 is /data

So i change ro.emmc.sdcard.partition from 19 to 18 and i powered off the phone, unplugged external sd, wipe cache and dalvik then boot myphone, and plugged my external card. It seems to be the normal behavior now.

I don't know if iit was the good way to made the change ?

I didn't undetsand very well " The change i suggested to H3ROS is to fix an Huawei bug, if you check the partition table the sd internal is the n°19, but for the prop Huawei uses the n°18, but the n°18 is /data " and if i risk to have issues ?

Guest nonobio
On 13/04/2016 at 8:56 AM, seven9 said:

Hi,

where can I download that mod? the link on the first port seems to be outdated.

regards.

I thought that too but my adblocker was blocking. If you have a adblocker, try turn it off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Garlast

I need a better battery life, by using du batery saver and greenify will it become better? Should I change the kernel to synopsys? help. I've got stock b209 on my huawei y300, is this rom better in battery life?

Guest xxirioxx

Yes, of course :) This is the best ROM for this device, better than the original!

Good battery life, very smooth and hardware acceleration is enabled :)

I suggest you to use this wonderful rom ;)

If you don't encounter problems using bluetooth devices, you can replace the kernel with the one provided by "moddingg33k" because is better :) 

I no more use this phone because I have got a BQ e4.5 to test sometimes Ubuntu Touch. I gave the Y300 to my mother and it is fully working everyday :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Garlast

I have been using this rom and it's wonderful; but the battery drain is awful; I can't do much and I don't know why. I bought a new battery cuz I thought it was damaged but... idk, it's still the same

• 3 weeks later...
Guest xxirioxx

Maybe you installed something that drains your battery. I can confirm Y300 is working well but I installed greenify (and I'm using it on my new phone too) to prevent useless services running in background. My mother just use it for basic operations and battery lasts at least 3-4 days with wifi always on.

Check if there are services draining your battery :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nonobio

Hi,

I use AOSP Mod since several month and it is often slow, maybe caused by the rom, maybe by the phone itself ?

My question : do you think i could have better speed and/or stability with another rom ? (like SlimKat 9.1 for instance which seems popular)

Thanks

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the great rom H3ROS. I have been using a 15/01/2015 version for almost 2 years and it was great. About a mounth ago i had to reinstall my phone with 28/02/2015 and i have some issues, it runs slower and its laggy on my phone...

Unfortunately there are no old versions in download link anymore, only the newest one. 

Is here somene with backuped version 15/01/2015 of this rom?

I would be really grateful if someone post a link of it.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Backo said:

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the great rom H3ROS. I have been using a 15/01/2015 version for almost 2 years and it was great. About a mounth ago i had to reinstall my phone with 28/02/2015 and i have some issues, it runs slower and its laggy on my phone...

Unfortunately there are no old versions in download link anymore, only the newest one. 

Is here somene with backuped version 15/01/2015 of this rom?

I would be really grateful if someone post a link of it.

Thanks

I asked the rom developer about it. I'll post a link if he replies.

On 13/01/2017 at 10:34 PM, evkol said:

I've found this mirror to the 15/01/2015 release: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l4273ljssshnf5n/AOSP_MOD_G330_(15.01.2015).zip

Enjoy :)

That's for the G330. It might work on the Y300, but it's not what I originally released.

Older builds like 15/01/2015 aren't any faster than the latest release. In fact they'll probably be slower, so if you feel like things are too slow then I suggest using the ro.config.low_ram setting in the 28/02/2015 build. You should also use Greenify, try to remove as many Google apps as possible and remove apps such as Facebook and use the lite version instead.

You could try using this script from recovery to remove Gapps: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=40534912&postcount=19

I don't support the Y300 anymore, if that wasn't obvious at this point. I'd recommend everyone using a Y300 to buy a newer phone as the difference will be night and day and you'll love that you no longer have to fight with your phone to get it to work well.