[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest wator

Ola,

exchange mail, doesn’t work on mine phone! after update!

I can't see any mails in mine inbox, ore sent items, but i can send emails, and also the agenda synchronize options works.

I think the phone is also a bit more lagy, after te update!

greetings wouter

edit, reflashed the rom, its okay now.

Edited by wator

Guest thetonyxx

The 2048KB cache works as it's not limited like you say it is. You may not believe it but there's a dozen benchmark tools that prove that it works, plus there's a lot of other ROM's, articles and comments demonstrating it.

yes i confirm, even on old 2.3 device than y300  is the same

Guest matteussz_

Can't download ROM from Drive, "Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently.".

Do we have some other mirror for it?

Guest H3ROS

@ wator

Likely needed to go to sync options and have it sync all mail rather than the default.

In the next update I might change the email app to the official Google version, since they've now put it on the Play Store. I think it's region locked to some devices at the moment though. The only issue with me making that change, however, is that you'd then need a pin/admin since the security policy is forced.

@ fonz93

That's probably a difficult one to do since I can't compile the phone app from source due to Huawei's changes. Like right now everything that I've done to it to get it back to AOSP with all of the options working taken me hours of work. Of course I'll take a look at the option to see how difficult it is to add, but I wouldn't have high hopes for it.

@ matteussz_

If it's still busy I could reupload it to dropbox or box a little later.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

@ matteussz_

If it's still busy I could reupload it to dropbox or box a little later.

It's still busy right now, but I can wait until it gets downloadable again.

Guest kl4us

Sure, I'll do that.

Thanks but you missed the "dated" part... need to know the exact date of the updates to see what changed when and if there is a new version ;)

Another question: is it possible to use unicode characters with this rom i.e. asian languages? (i havent tested it yet)

Guest matteussz_

I managed to download it, I just had to move it to my own Drive, make a copy of it, then download it.

Also, can you include an option in settings to change the lockscreen shortcuts?

Edited by matteussz_

Guest janners

I just wanted to say thanks so much to all involved with this ROM, it's exactly what I've been looking for, I love it :D

I've had a few errors when I go into the alarm clock, I get "unfortunately clock has stopped" but if I clear the app data it seems OK again, not sure why.

Thanks again!

Guest H3ROS

@ kl4us

It probably needs a language pack from the Play Store as I don't think the Google keyboard lists any asian languages.

@ janners

That's weird because I've never had an issue with the alarm clock, so my my question to you is did you restore any data after installing the ROM? Also how many alarms do you have set?

@ matteussz

Obviously I wouldn't let a bug like that slip by as it's working here, and I think for most others? So does it display the carrier on the notification dropdown menu and did you restore any data?

Edit: If you restart does it fix it?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest pablon86

Your rom looks quite amazing. You seem the kind of guy who knows things best and is familiar with android. Definitely gonna try your rom out. Cheers.

Guest tracka

i tried to call my provider's number to listen about how much prepaid is left and the call dont conects its hangin up instantly. The number is 4 digit. Other standard calls are conecting like normal . i called the number with other roms (fusionx, cm 10.1 cm11) and it conected. is that a bug or something?

Guest pablon86

This rom is absolutely perfect. Butter smooth, and really really quick at starting apps. Great work!

Adding xposed and gravitybox to the base rom was a smart choice. It gives way more customization options.

1LH6kW5.png

Guest H3ROS

Who's your provider and what's the 4 digit number?

Unlike FusionX and CM ROM's this will correctly use the cust partition the same as the stock Huawei ROM does. It uses the generic data too, so it's not got just one providers settings. So the call should be working fine.

You could install CatLog from the Play Store and grant it super user. You'll then want to try to make the call and if it fails open up CatLog, press the options key and select save. Upload the file somewhere and send me the link via a private message.

@ pablon86

Thanks.

Adding GravityBox and Xposed is really a great way to deliver a ROM and add some very useful settings that people might otherwise miss from CM.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

@ matteussz

Obviously I wouldn't let a bug like that slip by as it's working here, and I think for most others? So does it display the carrier on the notification dropdown menu and did you restore any data?

Edit: If you restart does it fix it?

Yes it displays the carrier there, and I restored my user apps and their data. After reboot, it's fixed.

Guest H3ROS

Well I'm glad it's fixed after a restart. My guess is that it could be due to Google Play Services requiring that extra restart after installing the ROM. That or it could be that the RIL info being loaded for the first time is a little slow. Huawei's code when it comes to that isn't great, but it's the only way to have the correct carrier names displayed for some network providers.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest janners

@ janners

That's weird because I've never had an issue with the alarm clock, so my my question to you is did you restore any data after installing the ROM? Also how many alarms do you have set?

No I didn't restore anything, clean install, wiped everything.  I turned on the default 8.30am alarm and changed the ringtone using ES file explorer, then went back in to change the time so I could test it.  It worked so after dismissing the alarm I went back in again to change the time back and that's when it stopped.  Reboot didn't fix it but clearing the app data did, so I was back to the default.  I then went back in and changed the time/ringtone and all seems OK.  I may have just been pressing too many buttons all at once or something, this is the 4th ROM (but hopefully last!) I've installed over 2 days so couldn't remember what was where and was clumsily pawing my way through all the menus/settings lol. 

Will let you know if it happens again :)

Guest H3ROS

@ janners

Thanks for the info. I'll try some things based off of what you've said to see if I can trigger anything :)

@ thetonyxx

It's essential for YouTube though, which is something a lot of people probably use.

There's a Google Play Services update (v5.0.77) out that can be installed. It's not yet pushed to the Play Store for our phone, but here's the APK.

Guest thetonyxx

@ thetonyxx

It's essential for YouTube though, which is something a lot of people probably use.

on my y300 youtube work, but i have a older (and less heavy) version of app