[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

It includes the stock B200 kernel, although it's modified slightly so that it supports init.d scripts. It uses the stock kernel so that I can guarantee stability and 100% working features. That's what you're using right now.

If you use a custom kernel then file transfers over bluetooth will work, but calls made over bluetooth won't. Huawei is to blame for that as they've not released an updated kernel source. So if you were to go custom then I'd recommend the GPU OC'd version of Synopsis.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest domenico76

Hi H3ROS, 

Thanks for the valuable rom.

I am using it  (update 4) with Cexstel 0.62 (405Mb) and I finf it quite good and smooth.

Only a note and a request.... Is it possible to have the apk of the Huawei original camera?

I have bought LG / and tried FX... but I felt very well with the stock one...

Can you help me?

Ciao

Guest H3ROS

I'll see if I can resign it and get it to work. Do you want it as a standalone app, something that you can install and uninstall?

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Huawei stock camera simply because it wastes a lot of screen space. The Google camera has the exact same features and settings, although where with the stock camera you can apply an effect before taking a picture you instead later edit the image in the gallery app with the Google camera. I prefer doing it that way because you can re-edit an image, but if you already had an effect applied with the stock camera then you're stuck with what you've got. In general though the camera on the Y300 is very poor no matter what camera app you use. My old ARMv6 phone even takes better pictures than it.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

You might lose it if you backup and restore or perform a wipe to the dalvik cache as my ROM's not signed with the Huawei signatures.

Also if you replace the APK then you lose both the camera and the gallery, since the Google apk is an all in one solution. It'll also leave a dozen libs on the system partition.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest domenico76

I'll see if I can resign it and get it to work. Do you want it as a standalone app, something that you can install and uninstall?

Personally I'm not a big fan of the Huawei stock camera simply because it wastes a lot of screen space. The Google camera has the exact same features and settings, although where with the stock camera you can apply an effect before taking a picture you instead later edit the image in the gallery app with the Google camera. I prefer doing it that way because you can re-edit an image, but if you already had an effect applied with the stock camera then you're stuck with what you've got. In general though the camera on the Y300 is very poor no matter what camera app you use. My old ARMv6 phone even takes better pictures than it.

Thanks H3ROS  for the prompt reply, the apk to install and use would be fine to me. I prefer Huawei Camera stock application to LG and Google one because i verified, in my personal experience, that it provided me best resolution when trying to execute snapshots of documents, so i liked the results i got with that application. If you add the zip to flash by recovery it would be fine the same.

I don't know how to grab from a stock firmware because I don't have the tools and clear the procedure to do that.

Ciao,D.

Guest H3ROS

Well like I said, they both use the same settings. They both load the settings from the system partition, so that's 5MP (2592x1944). The only difference is that the Huawei camera doesn't do widescreen image previews so the preview may appear to be slightly higher quality since it's zoomed out more than the Google camera, but if you hold still and take a picture between both apps then the output will be exactly the same. You'll only get different quality images with some of the apps from the Play Store that have created their own libs to adjust or enhance the pictures in some way.

Here's the resigned Huawei camera as an apk that you can install or uninstall.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Yaqubyahya

Hi, I installed this rom today and everything works fine, except the camera. It just doesnt work, I click on the shortcut and it says app isnt installed, i go to the gallery and try getting on to the camera from there and the camera app comes up but the camera doesnt turn on neither does the app work, i looked in system/app and gallery.apk or camera.apk isn't there, i redownloaded the rom and its not there, restarted a few times etc 

why isnt the camera working? I installed properly, im no newbie to custom roms, ive been using them for over a year now..

I downloaded lgcamera from the app store and that doesnt work either.

Edited by Yaqubyahya

Guest H3ROS

When installing the ROM did you wipe the internal SD card too? Basically all partitions except for your SD card and then it should work.

I know it's not a ROM problem because if it was a lot more people would of said something by now, so if the partition wipes aren't the issue then maybe it's a bad download? Do you know what the zip files MD5 or SHA1 is?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tesla608

Thanks H3ROS for this pure rom! Caller screen is amazing and really works :)

I have only one issue (described in link above for Windows, but exactly the same in Android):

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/Suddenly-my-keyboard-is-typing-every-letter-twice/td-p/1377185

Changes i made before flashing your rom:

- replaced calculator

- removed shuttle apk, added gone mad player

- removed wallpapers apks

- replaced default_wallpaper.jpg in framework-res.apk

Clearing cache of the keyboard, wipe dalvik & cache did not solve the problem.

Do you have any advice about this issue?

Guest painteramit

@H3ROS Dude i m connected to wifi but still cant browse or connect to Google play store...

post-1038692-14028468496326.jpg

this happens to me when my wifi router is on but the internet is down  :P  ;)  :D

Guest H3ROS

@ Nomm

Did you enable the firewall as blacklist mode instead of whitelist mode? By default it'll block everything unless you set it to blacklist mode.

@ tesla608

None of the things removed should effect the keyboard so I'm not sure why it would double up. You didn't touch any of the libs, did you?

@ matteussz_

It's not firewalled and you've not updated the hosts file, have you? I downloaded it to test and it worked instantly.

post-954400-0-22089300-1405425892_thumb. post-954400-0-94647900-1405425910_thumb.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

I don't use the firewall, it's frozen, but I do use Adaway to update the hosts file and whitelist some sources. I logged the requests of the app and whitelisted them, too.

Guest domenico76

Well like I said, they both use the same settings. They both load the settings from the system partition, so that's 5MP (2592x1944). The only difference is that the Huawei camera doesn't do widescreen image previews so the preview may appear to be slightly higher quality since it's zoomed out more than the Google camera, but if you hold still and take a picture between both apps then the output will be exactly the same. You'll only get different quality images with some of the apps from the Play Store that have created their own libs to adjust or enhance the pictures in some way.

Here's the resigned Huawei camera as an apk that you can install or uninstall.

Thank you , installed and tested as working :-)

Guest Romagnolo1973

Thanks H3ROS for this pure rom! Caller screen is amazing and really works :)

I have only one issue (described in link above for Windows, but exactly the same in Android):

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/Suddenly-my-keyboard-is-typing-every-letter-twice/td-p/1377185

Changes i made before flashing your rom:

- replaced calculator

- removed shuttle apk, added gone mad player

- removed wallpapers apks

- replaced default_wallpaper.jpg in framework-res.apk

Clearing cache of the keyboard, wipe dalvik & cache did not solve the problem.

Do you have any advice about this issue?

can you try another keyboard like this that is free https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cootek.smartinputv5

if the issue is still present?

I made some step as you and I don't have problems.

I removed shuttle and instal gonemad, removed wallpapers apk but I have not repalced it

Everything is perfect here

Guest tesla608
@ tesla608

None of the things removed should effect the keyboard so I'm not sure why it would double up. You didn't touch any of the libs, did you?

No libs touched :)

can you try another keyboard like this that is free https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cootek.smartinputv5

if the issue is still present?

I made some step as you and I don't have problems.

I removed shuttle and instal gonemad, removed wallpapers apk but I have not repalced it

Everything is perfect here

It works perfectly, and much nicer :)

Anyway i am curious why Andro keyboard is doing that.

I try explain (with my english) what is happening on keyboard:

When i touch some key, letter is written and the key still looks like he is touched, even i am not touching him anymore. After touching another key, gray color (sign of touched key) from previous key dissapear and the same letter is written again and new touched key is again signed as touched (and written for the first time)

Edited by tesla608

Guest H3ROS

I don't use the firewall, it's frozen, but I do use Adaway to update the hosts file and whitelist some sources. I logged the requests of the app and whitelisted them, too.

I just updated AdAway and Viber still works.

Are you using the stock kernel still or have you installed Synopsis? I know that the latest version of Synopsis is causing some odd behaviour for a few people. Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest since it's working my end.

@ tesla608

You could try uninstalling the Google keyboard while you have another installed. Reboot and then reinstall it from the Play Store.

Guest matteussz_

It works now, the problem was that somehow it added itself to the list in Prevent Running, which is strange because I haven't used Viber since I started using Prevent Running, so I didn't check that in the first place.