[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest matteussz_

On a totally different subject it's weird how people have different opinions on ROM's from country to country.

Here in Hungary the CM10.1 ROMs are "popular", even if they are obviously worse than any stock ROM, but they keep sticking to them because of "bugs" I have never met.

Guest rgs_rgs

On a totally different subject it's weird how people have different opinions on ROM's from country to country. Like I see a lot of Spanish users still using FusionX or similar, even though this ROM is newer and contains a lot of fixes for bugs found in similar ROM's. 

First, thank you for your wonderful ROM.

H3ros, there are some spanish users that prefers your ROM. I guess the main reason for this is that your ROM is not published in a popular spanish forum website where you can find Y300 ROMs. Besides, now it's becoming popular a Huawei B209 lite repack that fonz has prepared and uploaded in that forum.

Guest Tommy21

Custom roms aren't near to stock or stock based roms.Pa,aokp,cm.....they all have a million features i don't need, most of them aren't stable for users who really use their phones, and this one has a few extra features that stock doesn't have.

This rom is brilliant, it's the best rom for our phone.

Guest fonz93

Huawei B209 lite repack that fonz has prepared and uploaded in that forum.

That surprised me too, i did that repack for actualizatumovil.com (published on htcmania to help actualizatumovil thanks to the redirect), never imagined that i could reach 500+ downloads  :huh:

However i use this ROM since the beginning, never had the lags mentioned by all here, neither with the 1st version, i don't know how they can define this ROM slow when they use ROMs as "lunatic pandora" or many other ROMs done by people that just copy->paste (and badly, that decrease performance) without know what those "tweaks" does (example: crossbreeder, it was already explained that this is not an useful tweak by many major users on XDA)

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

@ matteussz_

Different types of Android and versions I can understand, but when it comes to modded stock ROM's it's a weird situation. I guess there's that saying that if it ain't broke don't fix it, so maybe they're not running into problems with the older ROM's and they're happy with them. I can totally understand that way of thinking, but to then have 1 or 2 people saying that an older ROM performs better is a little bizzare since I've made the bugs known and there's no logic behind what they're saying. Like do they even realize that I was the person who got hardware acceleration fully working for the stock ROM's or that I gave both fonz93 and Syssx420 some of my bug fixes while I was working on this ROM? And it's not just bug fixes I've made as there's also a few subtle UI improvements, like the dithered backgrounds and having all of my notification power widgets use the same shade of white and be correctly aligned.

I'm not bothered by people giving advice but it's just a shame that the minority could then discorage a few others from trying the ROM by giving bad advice. Like maybe when they tried the ROM it was using my custom kernel or maybe their SD card isn't class 10 so they had some slowdowns?

@ rgs_rgs

I've heard about that. Fonz contacted me to check if I was cool with him using the older hardware acceleration patch, which of course I said is no problem. He didn't have to ask me, but it was nice of him to :)

I think the original version of the ROM that had microstutters due to the kernel gave a few people a bad impression. That's no longer an issue though and we already know about the SD card read ahead tweak causing problems for people with slower cards, but that's easily fixed with the flashable in my previous post. So I'd hope that these people do try the ROM again at some point.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Tommy21

I did had lags with original version of the rom,even with modding33 kernel.

After switching to stock kernel, all problems are gone.

I've been using cm10.1, 10.2, 11....and i've had problems with all of them.

Stock or stock based roms were the only roms that didn't cause me problems.

Guest Romagnolo1973

For sure Italian users use your AOSP Rom a lot, I manage a thread in a Italian forum concerning our Y300/G510 and AOSP rom is higly recommended and people are happy with this rom, fast, stable and updated

Guest H3ROS

Weird since I've not changed it in update 6. I guess you could use root uninstaller or titanium backup to remove any traces of Play Store and then reinstall the update.

Guest luca020400

For sure Italian users use your AOSP Rom a lot, I manage a thread in a Italian forum concerning our Y300/G510 and AOSP rom is higly recommended and people are happy with this rom, fast, stable and updated

Tranne me XD

A me questa ROM lagga soltanto

Except me XD

For me lago everywhere

Guest H3ROS

That's really just you then since this is rock solid stable, smooth and great with games. The stock kernel fixed microstutters and the only other "issue" is with the readahead tweak which some SD cards don't seem to like, but I've provided a flashable to fix that.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXLWY4NnJFME0zR00/

Edited by H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

Basically if you've got any noticeable "lag" with the ROM then you can flash that file from recovery and it'll revert an SD card read ahead tweak. The ROM then becomes smoother.

Guest dus40

Tranne me XD

A me questa ROM lagga soltanto

Except me XD

For me lago everywhere

That's really just you then since this is rock solid stable, smooth and great with games. The stock kernel fixed microstutters and the only other "issue" is with the readahead tweak which some SD cards don't seem to like, but I've provided a flashable to fix that.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzpRBylyuvsXLWY4NnJFME0zR00/

No, it's not just him, for me this rom is 4x slower than other stock rom (slimstock, gamer, b209 by fonz). Even with the test_script.zip, it's about 2x slower...

Guest Domino2115

No, it's not just him, for me this rom is 4x slower than other stock rom (slimstock, gamer, b209 by fonz). Even with the test_script.zip, it's about 2x slower...

Try to remove from system/etc/init.d 01extra script, it helped me a bit

Guest rederik75

Today I have test some launcher in terms of Ram usage & features:

- APUS : is the lighter, but it miss every features, no app drawer, no desktop image personalization, some crash, is a new app so is normal... I think is a good idea and in future can be a good alternative, but not at the moment.

- SOLO Launcher: for me is the winner, 32mb usage, complete, app drower included, digital clock & weather included, every setting you are using in nova is present, no ads, free and well developed. Nice features: gestures are included and for free, search included (internet, contact, apps) and available in lockscreen, Clock&Weather included, a Ram cleaner widger included

- MI Launcher aka Miui: a nightmare, heavyyyyy more than 80 mb, crash, too much complicated and rich of crapware

- Holo launcher: not bad but it use 40-45 mb of ram, complete as Nova and lighter but not enough compared to Solo

- KK Launcher: same as Holo just a litle light 36-40 mb, not bad at all and include all Nova features and more, even Clock&Weather is included, good persolazisations, theme, icons.... For me is in second place after Solo

- ADW: too old and a little complicated add icons at he home, 40mega usage. Is a pain s not developed anymore.

- APEX: is the same as nova even in ram usage too heavy for our device.

- NOVA: is the default launcher but easy it pass more than 60 mb with 2 process active the most of the time.

Now I delete Nova and my clock and weather app (Sensee Flick Clock & weather) that use in complex 70 mb and I use SOLO that use only 32mb of ram

Nice work! I'll give a try to SOLO... What about ATOM, have you ever tried it? It's light and elegant, full featured and free... in the past it had som lag issues, but now it's smooth....

Guest rederik75

I had lags too, until last B200 update, with every kernel I tried.

Then, after a short return to Slimkat, I gave another try to the ROM.

This time I installed each app of my TB backup from the store, then restoring only data, only in apps that really need data backed up.

Everything works well, no noticeable lags, smooth, close to perfection!

So I guess that the huge lags I experienced before were due to apps+data restored from backups made under 4.4KK roms throwing garbage here and there...