Guest H3ROS

Guest H3ROS

In the build.prop file look for this...

#
# System props for SD card emulation of emmc partition
#
ro.emmc.sdcard.partition=19

Try changing it back to 18.

Mounting as UMS is problem for Android 4.1.2 and older.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=13413

Edit: I just tested this and can confirm that if I switch it back to 18 then mounting fully works for both SD cards. No custom ringtones or notifications go missing. So on the stock ROM's 19 looks to be the wrong value and I'll need to correct this in the next update, which I might release tomorrow.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest fonz93

It's not wrong, it just need a full wipe to work perfectly, this issue happens if you change that line without wiping

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

That's based on a fresh install though. If I change it to 18 and then reboot everything will work perfectly. If I then set it back to 19 and reboot it'll break custom ringtones.

As an example place an MP3 file in your alarms folder on your SD card. Open up the alarm clock app and when setting the ringtone use ES File Explorer to select the MP3. Close out of the app and then mount your SD card as mass storage to your PC. Turn it off in Android and then check the alarm app again. It'll probably force close when you expand the alarm (fixed in my next update), that is unless the partitions set to 18.

Everyone by default would have this partition set to 18 with Y300 and G510 stock ROM's, so it's likely set to 18 for a reason even if it appears wrong.

Both demez and Nomm performed fresh installs when they had the issue. I'd bet if they change the value to 18 then the problems fixed.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest demez

I tried changing it to 18 but I still had to go through ES File Explorer just to see the ringtones even though they were in the proper folders in the phone path. Not sure if that's normal or if formatting the internal sd when performing the fresh install caused the issue. I just ended up moving the files to my SD card.

Guest dregnet

Hi!

I've did a full wipe and installed this rom. Everything is fine except one thing. I can't get wifi to work. If i try to turn it on it switches back in a few seconds. It's the first time i have this problem with roms. Any idea?

Guest painteramit

Hi H3ROS, as you are preparing for the update and going to change the OOM values, kindly tune these values such that we can have maximum multitasking. 

thanks in advance.

Edited by painteramit

Guest fonz93

@H3ROS, it's set to 18 because Huawei just copied and pasted from codeaurora (that has by default this value), this prop is used to set the internal SD, and not the external, so i don't know why it breaks custom ringtones in external SD

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

@ paintermit

I'm not going to touch the values in the update.

At the moment I'm using the stock values, which are already tuned for multitasking. You can't really get any more out of it because there's simply not enough free RAM.

What most people have asked me to do is to actually reduce the amount of apps that can be open at once even further, thus having more free RAM for larger apps e.g. Facebook.

@ fonz93

I was slightly wrong. It doesn't fix external storage, however if you move the folders (Alarms, Ringtones and Notifications) from your SD card to the 1GB internal storage then it will remember your custom ringtones. It'll do that only when set to 18 though.

I think the partition ID being 19 could be a mistake since I've read that the value starts at 0 and not 1. That would mean that Huawei's got it right, which would explain why it actually does give you 1GB of storage when it's set to 18 and it actually remembers the custom ringtones. Nothing bad comes from it anyway, that's for sure.

I noticed when unmounting my SD card that ES File Explorer mentioned "external_sd" under it's homepage. That got me thinking that the changes Huawei has made to support internal memory might cause the mount point to read "external_sd" rather than sdcard0 from time to time, which might explain why custom ringtones get unlinked with SD cards. That or it's just the app and the bugs that one I've linked to before.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest fonz93

@H3ROS, the partition table starts from 1, i don't know about the custom ringtones, but i already said that after changing the prop from 18 to 19, you have to perform a full wipe to see the 1 GB internal SD partition

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

I see the 1GB internal partition with 18 (full wipe) and with 19 (full wipe). But it only work's correctly with custom ringtones from 18. Sometimes when set to 19 they'll remain and sometimes they'll go missing, so I don't know what to do about that.

After this next update I might wrap things up since Huawei are absolutely useless as a company. They don't supply kernel updates, they copy and paste code between devices and only change the bare minimum. They also don't set up audio, power or brightness values correctly and their codes a mess. It's horrible hardware to work with.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest fonz93

I tried to set a custom ringtone (with Shuttle) that is situated in internal SD (without using folders and prop set to 19) and i still have this ringtone after mounting/unmounting as Usb Mass Storage  (i tried it 6-7 times), you may need to wait some seconds that the phone checks the storage (there is a notification) after unmounting from PC for doing tests

Edited by fonz93

Guest H3ROS

Better performance can come from the Synopsis kernel, but if you use that then you won't be able to do calls over bluetooth.

Cell reception can't be improved. Sometimes updating the baseband might help, but most of the time it won't do anything.

Guest H3ROS

Because it's using a different ramdisk, plus it doesn't contain any of Huawei's changes.

Huawei made a change at the kernel level that'll probably fix bluetooth for stock ROM's, but will break it for anything custom. Nobody knows what the exact change is and Huawei hasn't released a kernel update containing the fix, so the only way to have calls working over bluetooth is to use the stock kernel. That's what I do to provide a 100% functioning ROM that still performs better than any newer custom version of Android.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest wator

Ola,

thanks, installed synopsis!

Better performance can come from the Synopsis kernel, but if you use that then you won't be able to do calls over bluetooth.

Cell reception can't be improved. Sometimes updating the baseband might help, but most of the time it won't do anything.

Guest Sportfreunde

On B200 from early July, I'm having a problem with Viber running very slowly and hanging up a lot. I don't think it's a ram issue since it worked fairly well on other roms or B199 FusionX.

Anyways, anything I can do to resolve it?

Guest rederik75

Because it's using a different ramdisk, plus it doesn't contain any of Huawei's changes.

Huawei made a change at the kernel level that'll probably fix bluetooth for stock ROM's, but will break it for anything custom. Nobody knows what the exact change is and Huawei hasn't released a kernel update containing the fix, so the only way to have calls working over bluetooth is to use the stock kernel. That's what I do to provide a 100% functioning ROM that still performs better than any newer custom version of Android.

Wait... i thought that the problem was just with few Bluetooth stereo devices... I have a cheap SBS bluetooth headset and it works, also with synopsis kernel...

Guest H3ROS

On B200 from early July, I'm having a problem with Viber running very slowly and hanging up a lot. I don't think it's a ram issue since it worked fairly well on other roms or B199 FusionX.

Anyways, anything I can do to resolve it?

If you install the update then you should find that B209 will perform a little better. You could wait a day or two until I release the next update though.

• Reverted the SD card tweak so that there's no slowdowns for people with weak SD cards
  • Updated the messaging app and maybe the calculator (work in progress)
  • Fixed a force close in the alarm app
  • Improved auto brightness

@ rederik75

Does that play music, does it really sound like stereo and is it only 1 sided? With stereo bluetooth headphones (v2.1 + EDR) and in car bluetooth it has this problem on anything but the stock kernel.

Guest xxirioxx

I use a waterproof bluetooth speaker and I never had a problem with every ROM I used: FusionX, fusionX reborn, AOSP MOD (with H3ROS kernel and stock kernel).

But I prefer the stock kernel because there is no lag.

Guest H3ROS

I think the spec of the bluetooth device is important. What I test with here will identify itself as a BSH10, which shows an icon with speakers on both sides and the microphone. In it's setting it then has the option to use it for phone audio and a separate option for media audio. The headset itself has volume controls, play and skip tracks and a button to answer calls.

Within the kernel there's different audio profiles for devices and Huawei has likely added one or changed one so that it supports these stereo headsets. We don't know what's changed for sure though, so until Huawei releases an updated kernel source (they probably won't) then it can't be fixed correctly.

Audio and file transfers will always work with custom kernels, but if you answer a call with a stereo bluetooth headset then the audio is routed to the phones speaker rather than the headset. This happens on all stock based ROM's.

Guest H3ROS

Did you wipe every partition apart from your SD card? Also after installing the ROM don't restore any data via Titanium Backup or similar.

WiFi shouldn't be a problem. It's not something that's been changed at all, so this should function exactly the same as the stock ROM.

Guest rederik75

@ rederik75

Does that play music, does it really sound like stereo and is it only 1 sided? With stereo bluetooth headphones (v2.1 + EDR) and in car bluetooth it has this problem on anything but the stock kernel.

So, I understood correctly at the beginning: the issue appears with stereo capable devices, headphones or car equipment... my device is just a single in-ear headset, obviously monoaural, that's why it works with every kernel...

your last post instead, seemed to say that *every* bluetooth device should have that problem ...