[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

I don't think it's something that you can do via commands. I hardcoded it into services.jar so that there's no database checks, thus things perform slightly faster.

If I remember correctly then a process with the priority set to 20 is pretty much unkillable, so you could try this.

busybox renice 20 `pidof com.bartat.android.robot`
Edited by H3ROS

Every time I get close somethings else ends up keeping me busy. I'll need to look into the stock Huawei browser to see if that really does work without a search app.

Guest krux3r

I don't think it's something that you can do via commands. I hardcoded it into services.jar so that there's no database checks, thus things perform slightly faster.

If I remember correctly then a process with the priority set to 20 is pretty much unkillable, so you could try this.

busybox renice 20 `pidof com.bartat.android.robot`
Can this be done also for the Nova Launcher?

I experience launcher redraws every time I was in some memory heavy app like browser etc.

I'd guess that happens when you've got heavy sites open and a few tabs. Doesn't Nova have an option in it's advanced settings to help with that though?

Closing the launcher is actually one of the best things it can do since that's what takes up a lot of memory. The Y300/G510 simply doesn't have a lot of it to work with.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest krux3r

I'd guess that happens when you've got heavy sites open and a few tabs. Doesn't Nova have an option in it's advanced settings to help with that though?

Closing the launcher is actually one of the best things it can do since that's what takes up a lot of memory. The Y300/G510 simply doesn't have a lot of it to work with.

Yes, exactly.

Yes Nova haves the "stay in memory" option, but it doesnt help much, I guess the ram is the biggest problem of this device. :(

Allow ES File Explorer to use root and enable R/W access to /system. You can then go to /system/etc/init.d and open up 01extra. Scroll to the very bottom and paste this:

busybox renice 20 `pidof com.teslacoilsw.launcher`

I've not tested it at all, but if it worked for matteussz then it should work for you.

Guest krux3r

Allow ES File Explorer to use root and enable R/W access to /system. You can then go to /system/etc/init.d and open up 01extra. Scroll to the very bottom and paste this:

busybox renice 20 `pidof com.teslacoilsw.launcher`

I've not tested it at all, but if it worked for matteussz then it should work for you.

I will try this later. thanks;)

That might be the plan once I've worked out the final few issues in this next update. I've not actually tried Android L at all though and nothing about it is finalized yet. I still might be able to do something though as I made Gingerbread look and function like Jelly Bean for my older phone.

Guest krux3r

Guys, one question. Those "task managers", there are so many of them on market, but, do they do anything?

I mean is performance better or it is just a lie?

Guest fonz93

Guys, one question. Those "task managers", there are so many of them on market, but, do they do anything?

Lie, this is not windows, if you want to free more memory (when is needed) you can tweak the OOM values, but what the task managers do, it's just useless and a draining of battery, because the apps that are in background will restart their service and will drain your battery every time you use the task manager

Guest Romagnolo1973

since JB is out, all the task manager app became useless, exactly what happens whit all the "battery saver magic miracle" apps on the maket.

Just install Greenify that is a must have app, and the only one that reduce ram usage and extend battery life

That might be the plan once I've worked out the final few issues in this next update. I've not actually tried Android L at all though and nothing about it is finalized yet. I still might be able to do something though as I made Gingerbread look and function like Jelly Bean for my older phone.

Great news.

You can start studying this theme made for CM that is really good http://www.modaco.com/topic/368465-appmodthemeall-personalization/?p=2223341

Guest krux3r

Lie, this is not windows, if you want to free more memory (when is needed) you can tweak the OOM values, but what the task managers do, it's just useless and a draining of battery, because the apps that are in background will restart their service and will drain your battery every time you use the task manager

Can you explain little about that OOM values?

I have Greenify from the day I got my phone, best app.

Guest fonz93

You can search on internet for: "adj" and "minfree", there a lot of different values, depending on what a user wants (more multitasking or more RAM)

Guest krux3r

You can search on internet for: "adj" and "minfree", there a lot of different values, depending on what a user wants (more multitasking or more RAM)

I read on xda, the guys said to install MinFreeManager.

Ill give it a try to see how it works.

Guest porozex

I read on xda, the guys said to install MinFreeManager.

Ill give it a try to see how it works.

you can also try "auto memory manager" good app, it sets the minfree values then the app gets killed, is like a script :D

Guest krux3r

you can also try "auto memory manager" good app, it sets the minfree values then the app gets killed, is like a script :D

Atm I have Performance Control, I saw guys here on forum were using it so I gave it a try.

Every time I get close somethings else ends up keeping me busy. I'll need to look into the stock Huawei browser to see if that really does work without a search app.

No hurry...take your time,i just sang my eagerness :P

You can start studying this theme made for CM that is really good http://www.modaco.com/topic/368465-appmodthemeall-personalization/?p=2223341

+1

Manh..if H3ROS could do it in AOSP MOD i will never change my ROM anymore :O !

It's just awesome theme by pashapuma !

Hats off pashapuma !

Edit-Have you seen the dialer :O :O

Shaheer Ap

Edited by SH3H1

Does anyone know of any Y300/G510 ROM that has a full range of brightness levels? That means that when you're outside it's at 100% and when you're in a very dark room it's at it's lowest setting. It's just that calculating the levels isn't easy and you can't just copy them from another device as the light sensors different.

Also you can't use the CM values, so CM ROM's are of no help here.

Edited by H3ROS

That app as well as one other might help a little. I can already see that Huawei is missing a value. Thanks.

Edited by H3ROS