[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

@ krux3r

It might depend on what apps you've actually got installed then. Could you list a few?

@ fonz93

Weird. The notification area displays it correctly and the lockscreen doesn't. I'll try to get it sorted, but it will of course delay the update a little.

I have a few games, like NBA Jam, Flappy Bird etc., root apps like Gravity Box, Xposed etc., and some social apps like Instagram, facebook browser(not official fb app) and thats it I guess.

I can reproduce it. I don't know if other ROM's based on AOSP do it too. It's likely due to changes Huawei have made to RIL.

With based on AOSP do you mean CyanogenMod etc, or FusionX?

Anyway, both don't have this issue, it might be related to the no network fix (or not, just trying to help)

Edited by fonz93

More like FusionX. And yes, it might be related to the no network fix. There's likely another fix needed to correct the lockscreen too.

That's strange anyway, because using your no network fix on CM (10.1 and 11) didn't break the lockscreen while in offline mode, some Huawei codes are really messed up... they used a unique code for both dual sim and single sim model, they only disabled/reverted some lines instead of doing 2 different codes

Edited by fonz93

Yeah, that's the problem. Obviously they've modified it since the same fix is fine in CM. I just have to look at where the carrier is being read from when I've got a little time.

Hi

this rom for me is slow hanging, Please tell me for you is too or not ?

Depends on people (depends on phone/sd/apps/ in fact). For me it's slow too, don't know why, but it's fast for most of people... 

Please tell how can i fix this problem ?

For now you can just delete 01extra from /system/etc/init.d/ and then reboot.

You'll just need to grant the file manager root access and set it to R/W.

@ fonz93

I've confirmed that Huawei did modify the code. Their makeCarierString method is different to AOSP and CM seems to do it a totally different way, although they put it under an obsolete folder. I just need to fix it when I've got a little more time to test everything.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest Tonal4Nagual

I cant find in settings/applications allow unknown sources.

When I enter menu only manage applications appear.

Titanium backup show warning when i start it that cant restore applications because of that.

Anybody can help with that?

Hey guys, this ROM is fantastic. True aosp and i loooove it!!! Great job! No lag here.

Two problems i do have:

1. Battery life - amazing if not having a lot of calls. BIG drain when i have lots of calls. And i dont mean it like normal draining, its obvious and i can see it drop on screen while in a call. Any ideas?

2. Dialer screen has a bug - if you write couple of numbers and it shows contacts (smart dial) and you choose a number, in the line where numbers are shown, there are only 4 digits, not the whole number....

It looks like you will dial lets say 4532 but if you press Call it will dial normal whole number.... if you understand what i mean.....

Thanks in advance!

1. I'm not sure why there would be a big drain. Obviously there shouldn't be because this is based on the stock ROM, so the stock ROM should have the exact same problem if there's really a battery drain.

I know that the battery can appear to drain faster if your phones been in deep sleep for a while and then you jump into a call right away. The battery usage will play catch up until it stabilises.

2. I think you mean that when you click the contact from the smart dialer it'll only display a few numbers. That happens because it can't fit them all on screen. For example, try writing in "+447712345678". You'll find that when you get to the 8 there's not enough room, so it crops what's displayed. That happens due to the Y300 screen size as it doesn't have enough room to display the country code too.

07712 345678 would fit, but +447712345678 is formatted as "+44 7712 345678"

Edited by H3ROS

1. I'm not sure why there would be a big drain. Obviously there shouldn't be because this is based on the stock ROM, so the stock ROM should have the exact same problem if there's really a battery drain.

I know that the battery can appear to drain faster if your phones been in deep sleep for a while and then you jump into a call right away. The battery usage will play catch up until it stabilises.

2. I think you mean that when you click the contact from the smart dialer it'll only display a few numbers. That happens because it can't fit them all on screen. For example, try writing in "+447712345678". You'll find that when you get to the 8 there's not enough room, so it crops what's displayed. That happens due to the Y300 screen size as it doesn't have enough room to display the country code too.

07712 345678 would fit, but +447712345678 is formatted as "+44 7712 345678"

1. Nope bro, i work for mobile operators as a technician and these days i have bunch of calls, no deep sleep, but i also did on (awfull) stock rom before and no drain was there

Its not a problem because i can get through the day no problem, but i just mention it if you could figure why would it happen...

2. I know what you mean in ur example but thats not the case. I took SS now so you will see, its a bug. If contact has more then one number, then it happens.... In the ss i clicked on the number already and it should be shown in the number field whole, but it shows only last 4 digits. If contact has just one number and i click on it, i see whole number.

Also, right as you see on SS, i just tap on Call and it dials it correctly, it is only shown wrong....

ROM is amazing, i cant tell you how satisfied i am, this 2nd problem is not a big problem, but any ideas about battery would be great.

Thanks in advance bro!

post-622909-0-15907100-1411073418_thumb.

The dialer is actually ported from CM10 because the AOSP dialer doesn't have the smart dial, so the CM10 ROM's posted here should have the exact same behaviour.

I have my brother as one of my contacts with 2 numbers. The home number is only 11 digits, but his mobile number is 13 in length due to the country code (+44). If I change it to a zero and then click his number then it'll display the whole number in the entry field. If I don't though then it'll only display the last 6 digits. For you it displays only 4 though.

Hold down on the 4 digits that you see and pull your finger down slightly. You should see the rest of the number. Can I change this behaviour so that it crops the number differently? Sure, but then you couldn't scroll up or down to see the complete number. It will always crop numbers though unless I change the text size, which is honestly something I'd like to avoid.

As for the battery drain, I've personally not noticed anything. Have you fully drained the battery and done a full charge since installing the ROM? Just so it calibrates everything correctly.

The only thing I could really suggest is to try the stock B209 ROM. This is basically that, using the same Huawei libs and everything but I've patched the visual side of things back to the AOSP appearance. That's why I call the ROM "AOSP MOD" rather than just AOSP, since it's not truly 100% AOSP.

Edited by H3ROS

The dialer is actually ported from CM10 because the AOSP dialer doesn't have the smart dial, so the CM10 ROM's posted here should have the exact same behaviour.

I have my brother as one of my contacts with 2 numbers. The home number is only 11 digits, but his mobile number is 13 in length due to the country code (+44). If I change it to a zero and then click his number then it'll display the whole number in the entry field. If I don't though then it'll only display the last 6 digits. For you it displays only 4 though.

Hold down on the 4 digits that you see and pull your finger down slightly. You should see the rest of the number.

As for the battery drain, I've personally not noticed anything. Have you fully drained the battery and done a full charge since installing the ROM? Just so it calibrates everything correctly.

The only thing I could really suggest is to try the stock B209 ROM. This is basically that, using the same Huawei libs and everything but I've patched the visual side of things back to the AOSP appearance. That's why I call the ROM "AOSP MOD" rather than just AOSP, since it's not truly 100% AOSP.

Ok. No, i havent drained it all the way and i have it installed for couple of days now. So i will calibrate and see what happens.

Hell no about stock. You did awsome job man. I am sticking to this rom like dog to his bone..... ;)

If there are any news or updates, do tell plz!

TNX

Ola,

sometimes the phone gets a bad wifi connection, any idea wy?? bug ore?

It's either a hardware issue or WiFi isn't setup to use maximum power for battery saving reasons. So depending on how you hold the phone it can have an effect on the signal.

Hold it from the bottom and you can have 4 bars, but hold it from the top and you might only have 2. Hold it in landscape with both hands and depending on where you're located you could have 1 or no bars.

@ SHIRI

There will be an update at some point to fix a few of the minor bugs. Luckily there's only a few and they're not easily found.