[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest flash75

I realized a battery drain during last two weeks, but I used the phone heavily too.

After restoring a previous backup it was better. Without any changes after applying the last update from heros.

But the last two days there is more battery drain again.

Is there a way to identify if Google play services are responsible?

Guest Picvajzmen

What services did you disable?

AnalyticsService

SystemUpdateService

CastRemoteDisplayProviderService

WearableService WearableControlService LocationWearableListenerService NlpLocationRecieverServiceGoogleLocationService DispatchingService GoogleLocationManagerService

Guest fonz93

AnalyticsService

SystemUpdateService

CastRemoteDisplayProviderService

WearableService WearableControlService LocationWearableListenerService NlpLocationRecieverServiceGoogleLocationService DispatchingService GoogleLocationManagerService

If you disable some important services, other services can go in a loop... that can be a reason of an high drain by Google Services (in your case)

Edited by fonz93

Guest xxirioxx

I cannot install applications from google play store because it crashes as soon as a new installation begins.

Edited by xxirioxx

@xSergioHp.

Did you actually try changing the IP address and disabling data roaming?

@Davood_TiTaN

I just tried it and it displays all of my contacts as well as my contacts that already have Viber installed. The only thing I noticed is that you need numbers to start with the country code.

@talenat92

Did you try the exact same version on both ROM's?

The only change that could effect anything graphically is one to build.prop. Grant ES File Explorer root access and then give it read and write access. Add "#" before "debug.hwc.dynThreshold=1.9", save and then reboot.

@Picvajzmen

Reboot and see if it does it again.

Google has been having problems with it lately.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10/02/google-play-services-6-1-begins-rollout-with-refreshed-google-fit-preview-enhanced-ecommerce-other-small-changes/

*** Don't download and install Google Play Services yourself. Especially the one from this post because it's the wrong version for the Y300/G510.

@fonz93

Google Play Services actually improves on a lot of the code found within older versions of Android, so where previously the battery usage wouldn't be logged as an app it now does. For that reason it'll always appear to have problems even though the overall battery usage is the same, although of course there's also issues they need to work out too.

With fresh installs of the ROM it currently uses Google Play Services version 6.1.11.

@xxirioxx

Do you mean from trying to disable some services as mentioned above?

Edited by H3ROS

Guest xxirioxx

No, H3ROS, I didn't disable any service. Could someone try to install any new software from Play Store?

I also cleared Google Play Store data from app manager but nothing changed.

Guest xxirioxx

Nothing to do... it doesn't list the problem. A fresh install is better enyway :D Can I edit the zip file and replace framework-res.apk with the one you provided to me yesterday? Are there zip signatures so the installation doesn't work?

Guest xSergioHp.

@xSergioHp.

Did you actually try changing the IP address and disabling data roaming?

@Davood_TiTaN

I just tried it and it displays all of my contacts as well as my contacts that already have Viber installed. The only thing I noticed is that you need numbers to start with the country code.

@talenat92

Did you try the exact same version on both ROM's?

The only change that could effect anything graphically is one to build.prop. Grant ES File Explorer root access and then give it read and write access. Add "#" before "debug.hwc.dynThreshold=1.9", save and then reboot.

@Picvajzmen

Reboot and see if it does it again.

Google has been having problems with it lately.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/10/02/google-play-services-6-1-begins-rollout-with-refreshed-google-fit-preview-enhanced-ecommerce-other-small-changes/

*** Don't download and install Google Play Services yourself. Especially the one from this post because it's the wrong version for the Y300/G510.

@fonz93

Google Play Services actually improves on a lot of the code found within older versions of Android, so where previously the battery usage wouldn't be logged as an app it now does. For that reason it'll always appear to have problems even though the overall battery usage is the same, although of course there's also issues they need to work out too.

With fresh installs of the ROM it currently uses Google Play Services version 6.1.11.

@xxirioxx

Do you mean from trying to disable some services as mentioned above?

Change the IP address from where? I'm a little lost ... :) 

To disable data roaming I've tried it and it seems that the same thing keeps happening

Guest farfix

Can I use Cexstel or Synaptics kernel?

I used Cexstel con July release and I didn't have any bugs... The phone went fast instead...

And I ask it because the default kernel doesn't support swap :O

Guest TheKerevas

The update contains files that relate to the SIM and the Audio? Because i want to apply the update on porting to G330 and i can only do so if there is no SIM file and Audio.

@xSergioHp.

Like this: http://www.worldstart.com/how-to-edit-or-add-android-apn-and-access-point-settings/

@farfix

You can :)

@dus40

I've used it before and it worked fine. Are you sure your PC doesn't have a static address to connect to or a preassigned IP?

@TheKerevas

Nothing SIM or audio related. The network name fix for example was only a minor framework change and it shouldn't break anything.

I might reupload the ROM with updated APK's like I said I would before. There's been a GravityBox update that can now display a download progress bar in the status bar, which can be really useful.

Guest Skeese

@H3ROS

This has probably been asked before, my apologies if it has, but can you reduce the size of the numbers when dialing with international code, i.e. +440000000000 because it doesn't fit on the same line?

Also, is it no longer possible to add percentage next to battery like stock rom by using just editing build.prop?

Edited by Skeese

I don't think I can reduce the size of the numbers without shrinking the font size down a lot more, which I'd like to avoid. Currently you just hold down on the number and you can scroll up and down to view everything. I believe CM10.x ROM's might also have this "problem" if they're not customized the DPI.

You can't add the percentage via the build.prop file, but you can via GravityBox. GravityBox actually does it better too as you can set the style and size. You could even change the whole indicator style to circle with battery percentage.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest SIMONPRO

About:

My goal was to create a ROM that most of us wish the Y300 had of been sold with originally. I achieved that goal by converting the stock Huawei ROM back to AOSP, but I also improved some things and fixed a few bugs that are found in Android 4.1.1 and all other stock based ROM's.

So are you looking for the best performance out of your Y300 or G510? Give this ROM a try. It'll run flawlessly and it's great for games.

Screenshots:

attachicon.gifhome.png attachicon.gifapps1.png attachicon.gifapps2.png attachicon.gifcall.png

Features:

- Xposed framework with GravityBox pre-setup

- ViPER4Android

- My own script to keep things running smooth

- Full hardware acceleration

- Exchange Email (Android 4.4.2)

- Messaging (Android 4.4.2)

- Clock (Android 4.2)

- Camera (Android 4.3)

- Working face unlock

- Working "Ok Google" (enable it in Nova settings)

- Working voice navigation in Google Maps

- 14 notification widget buttons with 2G and 3G selection

The kernel:

This ROM uses the stock B209 kernel with added init.d support. It uses this kernel because Huawei hasn't released an updated kernel source and without an updated kernel calls made over bluetooth won't be routed correctly.

You can install the CeXstel, Synopsis or my own improved version of the CeXstel kernel but you might run into unexpected bugs caused by these kernels. Huawei is to blame for most of these bugs as the kernel source that they provide doesn't match what they've used in their newer firmware updates.

Compared to other stock ROM's as of 14/06/2014:

- My cameras gallery doesn't force close when editing an image

- My clock app doesn't have the timer text cropped or badly displayed notifications

- The carrier text is displayed on the notification screen even without a data connection

- The data indicators don't get stuck if you disable data while they're displayed

- My APN menu is correctly aligned and uses the holo blue selected colour

- I've applied dithered backgrounds to eliminate colour banding

- Call vibration correctly enables and disables

- There's no force close if you enable WiFi and then create a WiFi hotspot and then try to enable WiFi again (with notification widget buttons)

- Did you notice my AOSP call screen? That was a lot of work, but totally worth it

- There's no Huawei errors being created or logged

And lots more...

- ViPER520 and zhuhang for ViPER4Android

- rovo89 for Xposed framework

- C3C0 for GravityBox

- SimpleCity for Shuttle Music Player

- jtschohl for Android Firewall

- ES APP Group for ES File Explorer

- Ceastel for sharing the CeXstel source

- fonz93 for testing my changes to the cust partition

- Tillaz for a few changes he made that saved me some time

- PayPal donators (if you want your name displayed drop me a private message)

Extra notes:

You can download the IRS Starter Pack for ViPER4Android from here. Personally though I use TRacks DeEssed Master 2 which you can download from here.

Remember to enable compatibility mode in ViPER4Android if you use any other sound mods, although you probably don't because ViPER4Android is the best thing out there anyway.

If music is choppy for you when viewing the launcher then disable Ok Google in the Nova Launcher settings. It's not a ROM issue.

Installation:

- Wipe everything except your SD card

- Install the ROM and reboot

- Enjoy

Download:

http://www.any.gs/AGoe4

Update for people who installed the ROM before the 2nd of October:

http://www.any.gs/AGogj

Update changes (02/10/2014)

- Fixed events in the contacts app

- Fixed a force close in the clock app

- Fixed a provider name issue (previously when in airplane mode the lockscreen would continue to display the network providers name)

- Fixed an issue that caused the status bars clear button to be pushed off of the screen for some languages

- Changed the minimum auto brightness level

- Removed the SD card tweak from my init.d script

- Updated the messaging app (includes Android 4.4 coloured emojis)

Update changes (22/07/2014):

- Added mass storage as a mount option

- Added an option to silence the screenshot sound

- Updated Gmail and Messaging

Update changes (16/07/2014):

- Updated the ROM from B200 to B209 (includes the B209 kernel)

- Updated the Play Store app

- Updated the emoji font to the Android 4.3 version

Update changes (12/07/2014):

- Removed Huawei's OOM changes (fixes some force closes)

- ViPER4Android is now unkillable

- Fixed an Italian string overlap (thanks fonz93)

- Updated Gmail, Google Search, Google Keyboard, Nova Launcher and Messaging

Update changes (01/07/2014):

- Fixed the accept or deny call screen

- Added .25x and .75x (the new default for fresh installs) as animation options

- Updated Shuttle, SuperSU, Google Search and Google Play Services

- Changed the kernel to the stock B200 kernel with added init.d support (currently the only way to fix calls via bluetooth)

Older changes:

- Up navigation for the dialers settings is fixed

- Added T9 to the dialer

- Slightly updated the messaging app

- Calendar notifications are fixed

- Corrected the tab colour used in the browser

- Removed Huawei's changes to hardware acceleration

- Locked the SystemUI and Phone services in memory

- The unknown caller ID and location overlap has been fixed

- The hosts file has been updated (fixes the tapatalk block)

- Updated a few libs that effect web page rendering and audio

If you like the ROM then please consider a donation. I've put a lot of time into fixing a lot of the bugs and getting things like the AOSP call screen working correctly. Thank you.

@H3ROS

links are not working trying to download the rom but stack on broken images ads

Guest SIMONPRO

If you're blocking stuff via AdAway or similar that'll happen. I'll PM you a link.

i use all my two browser one with ad blocker and other without any ad blocker but get same result 

Check your private messages. I sent you one a little while back.

I've been looking into other phones today. There's two I'm keeping an eye on. There's the Moto G 2014 4G version with an SD slot and dual sim (if you can find them) and there's also the newer Moto G2 which is 5" instead of 4.5", both cameras have been upgraded and it has front facing stereo speakers, but it's had 4G removed. It will receive Android L though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NBSZ56C/ (Moto G2 - 2014)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KB0YDBG/ (Moto G 4G - 2014)

I might wait to see what happens when the Nexus 6 is announced though. I'd want to know it's price and if the Nexus 5 gets a price cut.

Edited by H3ROS