[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

I have a quick question, I have a Bell Canada Y300-151, after I flashed this rom, it became a Y300-100 when I view "phone status"  my phone is unlocked and rooted.  I am wondering if this rom will change my radio ie no longer able to connect to Canadian networks.  I don't have a working sim to test it out, any help is appreciated.

It's possible to use internal sd as primary?? I change the line persyst.sys.main_storage from external sd to internal sd, but don't work. Now the phone don't see the internal sd, but only ext sd and internal memory.

Internal SD as primary? You mean for downloads? That's not done by default because it's so easy to fill up that memory.

You'd be better off changing "persist.sys.main_storage=external_sd" to link to internal_sd before installing the ROM because once you've installed the ROM it's as if it won't re-register the location.

By default the ROM installs all apps to the internal memory. It then offers you the option to move only supported apps to the SD card.

also i'm interested on the answer about the search icon on lock screen, i don't use/need it would be nice to remove it 

As far as I know you can only remove that by uninstalling Google Search via Titanium Backup.

i found google lollipop keyboard can you replace it with the one on this rom. i recent install it and uninstall it because some thing goes wrong and thought its the app but not even the default keyboard act the same. like you type h and it will press other letters so i am using swiftkey now.

and this weird thing happen today after charge fully the phone then i didnt use the phone for seven hours and what happen is the battery remain 4% and i greenify a lot of apps. 

Here's why that happens: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom411b209-aosp-mod-15102014/page-92#entry2235476

I won't included Lollipop apps while they're not final. It's better to stick with the official builds from the Play Store for stability reasons.

I have a quick question, I have a Bell Canada Y300-151, after I flashed this rom, it became a Y300-100 when I view "phone status"  my phone is unlocked and rooted.  I am wondering if this rom will change my radio ie no longer able to connect to Canadian networks.  I don't have a working sim to test it out, any help is appreciated.

It won't touch the radio at all for this very reason. It only modifies the system and cust partitions, both of which are backed up by TWRP or CWM if you created a backup before installing the ROM.

@markos_verso

It might be better to follow this guide.

http://huawei-y300.tumblr.com/post/47366836617/how-to-unlock-and-root-huawei-ascend-y300-all

@farfix

The other kernels don't have a problem with bluetooth file transfers and that kind of stuff. They just don't work with stereo bluetooth headsets like they should because Huawei didn't release an updated kernel source.

Edited by H3ROS

HR3OS, thanks, I found an old sim card which of course without active service and tested with the phone, it seems to be able to find all available networks in my area so I suppose it did not touch the radio.

Btw, I notice that there are like reboot and soft reboot option when I try to turn off the phone but after a factory reset those two options are gone, do you know how I can get them back.  I don't have a sim or sd card in the phone.  Thanks.

Guest matteussz_

Those were options from the GravityBox app, which you deleted with the factory reset. I can't recall if the Xposed Installer was a user app or not, if it was, install it again, then download the module named "GravityBox [JB]", and you'll have them back.

Guest markos_verso

Internal SD as primary? You mean for downloads? That's not done by default because it's so easy to fill up that memory.

You'd be better off changing "persist.sys.main_storage=external_sd" to link to internal_sd before installing the ROM because once you've installed the ROM it's as if it won't re-register the location.

By default the ROM installs all apps to the internal memory. It then offers you the option to move only supported apps to the SD card.

As far as I know you can only remove that by uninstalling Google Search via Titanium Backup.

Here's why that happens: http://www.modaco.com/topic/372741-rom411b209-aosp-mod-15102014/page-92#entry2235476

I won't included Lollipop apps while they're not final. It's better to stick with the official builds from the Play Store for stability reasons.

It won't touch the radio at all for this very reason. It only modifies the system and cust partitions, both of which are backed up by TWRP or CWM if you created a backup before installing the ROM.

@markos_verso

It might be better to follow this guide.

http://huawei-y300.tumblr.com/post/47366836617/how-to-unlock-and-root-huawei-ascend-y300-all

@farfix

The other kernels don't have a problem with bluetooth file transfers and that kind of stuff. They just don't work with stereo bluetooth headsets like they should because Huawei didn't release an updated kernel source.

can i use this  guide  and fo g510-0100

Guest markos_verso

i do the first step i have the number

but i can not install the abd tool kit

the fastboot exe not open :wacko:

and now i can not get in fast boot when i press the buttons

but in the first time press the buttons and i do the first step for bootloader i see purple screen and i get the code

its my first time for root and bootloader....

i have flashing roms but in phones with root and unlocked bootloader they came ready

for root can i use this link?

http://theunlockr.com/2013/07/30/how-to-root-the-huawei-ascend-g510/

something i found....

any help??  :unsure: 

Edited by markos_verso

@H3ROS

One question, is there a way to get battery percent next to batter other way than in Gravity Box?

One thing about that option in gb is that it puts percent on the right side of battery and not on left, as I would like. Not a major problem, just asking :)

Find this line in build.prop and change from false to true, like this:

ro.config.hw_battery_percent=true

If there isnt that line, just add it.

This will not work on this ROM, it has a different SystemUI.apk

Thanks for answers guys.

@H3ROS

Will try that now.

EDIT: It doesnt work, that battery theme makes too big battery icon in statusbar.

Edited by krux3r

I personally use a modified systemUI that has the battery % on the left of the battery icon, without using any xposed module, i just added the code took from xda and modified the style to make it looks like AOSP

SCREENSHOT:

sdlcw7.jpg

If someone wants it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9dn6rxhwfurphn6/SystemUI_Battery_Percentage_AOSP_MOD_15-10.zip

NOTICE:

After flashing this mod, you can't remove it until you restore your old SystemUI.apk, so, before flashing it, do a backup of your current SystemUI.apk

This SystemUI.apk also has another personal modify too, i modified some values in /res/dimens.xml, to speed up a little the notification pull-down.

Edited by fonz93

I personally use a modified systemUI that has the battery % on the left of the battery icon, without using any xposed module, i just added the code took from xda and modified the style to make it looks like AOSP

SCREENSHOT:

sdlcw7.jpg

If someone wants it: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9dn6rxhwfurphn6/SystemUI_Battery_Percentage_AOSP_MOD_15-10.zip

NOTICE:

After flashing this mod, you can't remove it until you restore your old SystemUI.apk, so, before flashing it, do a backup of your current SystemUI.apk

This SystemUI.apk also has another personal modify too, i modified some values in /res/dimens.xml, to speed up a little the notification pull-down.

Yes thats what I was looking for.

Maybe H3ROS could add that code to this systemui, because he fixed it in the new update(that stuff for smooth notif. bar).

Edited by krux3r

Guest xSergioHp.

As much as I've tried I can not get rid of the R Roaming with Yoigo Spain, is the only bad thing I've seen in Rom. I hope you can do something H3ROS, because I think it's the "perfect" Rom of our Y300-G510, thank you very much for your work!

Yes thats what I was looking for.

Maybe H3ROS could add that code to this systemui, because he fixed it in the new update(that stuff for smooth notif. bar).

The mod i have linked is based on the latest H3ROS update so it includes all new stuffs

Edited by fonz93

The mod i have linked is based on the latest H3ROS update so it includes all new stuffs

Ohh, well thats nice, I could try that.

Another good option is this: post-1040382-14140913845353_thumb.jpg

Found it on my friends phone, he haves a toggle for battery percent in the battery stats, nice option.

And yeah, wanted to ask what browsers dou you guys use?

Could someone suggest me some browser like Lighting?

Edited by krux3r

@xxirioxx

Yeah it looks cool, but I kinda like the simple battery more.

As I said at the beggining, that percent is not a major problem, so Im ok without it:D

I hope FB MESSENGER voice call is work in this rom.

Can i ask. My phone is b200 but im using cm10.1 its ok to flash this rom

Yes it works I tested. You have to do full wipe then just install this rom. The B200 or B209 represents the firmware version something like that so it doesnt matter which you have now.