[ROM][4.1.1][B209] AOSP MOD [28/02/2015]

Guest H3ROS

Guest mark Toledano

Here you go: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/365606-[Kernel]-CeXstel-v0.62-(Y300/G510)-[stock/CM]-[29/03/14]

There are three options. Select the stock kernel. But don't install it if you're using a Bluetooth audio device.

U mean f i use the cextel kernel it doest support Bluetooth audio device.? And what is the best one stock or cextel?

How would people feel about me removing the option to silence the screenshot sound and instead adding the option to silence all camera sounds?

- The option to mute the camera effect will also mute the screenshots, but it'll require a reboot for the setting to take effect

- Currently you can mute the screenshot sound without a reboot so you'd lose that ability

- Both options can't be added separately due to how it works and the fact that I can't recompile Huawei's audio libs

I think it's worth the reboot to easily remove all audio effects without editing any files. I just want to be sure that most of us here agree with that.

Guest luca020400

How would people feel about me removing the option to silence the screenshot sound and instead adding the option to silence all camera sounds?

- The option to mute the camera effect will also mute the screenshots, but it'll require a reboot for the setting to take effect

- Currently you can mute the screenshot sound without a reboot so you'd lose that ability

- Both options can't be added separately due to how it works and the fact that I can't recompile Huawei's audio libs

I think it's worth the reboot to easily remove all audio effects without editing any files. I just want to be sure that most of us here agree with that.

This so bad :(

Have you tried to find a audio lib for our soc ( like the G330 users that use another lib for the 4.1.1 stock )

@H3ROS

That would be great.

Maybe you could make that when in vibration mode the sounds are off and when in sound mode sounds are on.

Edited by krux3r

U mean f i use the cextel kernel it doest support Bluetooth audio device.? And what is the best one stock or cextel?

It does, but you cannot use them while calling. Cexstel is better because you would have 407MB RAM. In stock, you will only have 393MB.

Guest rich.g.williams

Correct. I could provide a flashable to change it to G510 if people would like that option.

I think it's very useful to know that the G510 and Y300 have the same hardware as regards Android and ROM version etc. So for me I would not need that option it's fine as it is.  Also I prefer Y300 to G510!

This fantastic ROM is making my Huawei Y300/G510 phone perform astonishingly well, it's making an iPhone 4 (at least) look clunky and dated.

Since having my phone (about 1 year) the BBC iPlayer/BBC Media Player apps in the UK never work properly, playback can be very stuttered or have a blank screen. In fact the BBC list the Huawei G510 as one of the few Android phones that have issues.

After installing the new ROM the iPlayer problem is still there but I have found a workaround (may be obvious to experts) as follows:-

If after getting the iPlayer running there are sound and/or vision problems on playback then stop the app - find the BBC Media Player app (not the BBC iPlayer app) and clear it's cache - then continue running the BBC Media Player. The playback then works fine on my phone. Maybe somebody understands why this happens? Would changing the Kernel fix this?

Google Sync (useful as it is) can be a pain and causes a lot of confusion sometimes. Editing contacts outside the phone is an example of awkwardness, when you put them back on the phone Google sync adds any deleted contacts back on (even if you turn sync off). Maybe it's because I don't know enough about how Google Sync works. I have also cursed what it has done to Google Chrome bookmarks between computers running Windows.

This so bad :(

Have you tried to find a audio lib for our soc ( like the G330 users that use another lib for the 4.1.1 stock )

It can't be done. I was hoping that just the camera service could be patched, but the lib that controls the camera sound is actually libaudioflinger. If you change libaudioflinger then you risk breaking audio for a whole range of things because that's a file that Huawei often changes.

@H3ROS

That would be great.

Maybe you could make that when in vibration mode the sounds are off and when in sound mode sounds are on.

That can't be done due to the reboot that's required .

Most people either want the camera sounds on or off. Currently they have to mess around with a file which I sometimes update, but they wouldn't have to do that if I added the option.

This is what HEROS tried to do but without reboot

Custom ROM's built from source can modify the stock camera so that the setting may take effect without a reboot, but it'll often only mute the camera that comes with the ROM. Installing the Google Camera or something like Camera ZOOM FX would still play the audio file.

What I'm doing is changing the read only build.prop setting to a persist. That allows people to mute all camera sounds, but it requires a reboot for it to take effect.

Guest dregnet

Hey!

Can anyone help me? I installed this rom works nice and fast, the problem is i can't find the option to show my number on calls. On the stock rom i could set to always show my phone number to others.

I don't know for sure if I'll add the mute camera option after all. I've got it working and everything but there's no translations for it at all :unsure: The current screenshot setting has a translation for every language (there's 30+ languages) and it doesn't require a reboot.

I know some people would like the option to mute the camera, but a lot of people aren't bothered by it. I believe that there's no option to mute the camera from the settings menu in CyanogenMod, AOKP or SlimKat either. So for that reason it'll probably be better for me to leave things as they are.

I know some will say that I could just use Google to translate the string, but the results aren't accurate. I don't want to release update after update each time someone wants to add a language either.