Can't update to 1.3.1

Hi

(Typing from Hudl)

I have a rooted Hudl, with all tesco branding removed, apart from the updater and the legal stuff. Including a modded SystemUI with no T button.

I tried to update to 1.3.1 and it fails at bootloader, saying error with a android open and a exclamation mark in a triangle. Entering recovery says that Books. Apk is missing. Tried twice and same issue

Any help?

Unroot needed?

Guest flurry

you probably won't need to unroot for the update to go through, though you may need to re-root once updated.

As for getting the update to go through, you'll certainly have to put the stock SystemUI.apk back and by the sounds of it the other tesco bloat too.

Yet another upgrade post that has already been discussed and solved in previous large long threads of upgrade problems.

Even a simple Google of Modaco or simply the whole internet would have provided the links to the relavent posts - maybe it's me or maybe people are getting too lazy.

Going dark until something of interest happens or someone shows evidence of trying to 'attempt' to find a solution before breaking cover. Seeya

Edited by Guest

Yet another upgrade post that has already been discussed and solved in previous large long threads of upgrade problems.

Even a simple Google of Modaco or simply the whole internet would have provided the links to the relavent posts - maybe it's me or maybe people are getting too lazy.

Going dark until something of interest happens or someone shows evidence of trying to 'attempt' to find a solution before breaking cover. Seeya

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ethanbmnz,

Don't worry, you're not the only one... I too am having problems updating to 1.3.1 for my mums Tablet. Apart from wiping it clean fresh, starting from stock firmware and then update, followed by loading all ya Apps back on. Can't see a way around it.... Seems it's not possible yet (certainly from TabbyDroid), so I will prolly just avoid this update for now...

Cheers, Lister

Edited by Lister Of Smeg

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to update for the third time, and Books.apk doesn't have the correct checksum.

I put the stock SystemUI.apk back on again before the update and am now keeping it for my sake.

I removed the Google Play Books app, as I didn't use it.

Photo here regarding the update error from the Hudl

(It's the same error every time)

Edited by Guest

Guest flurry

I tried to update for the third time, and Books.apk doesn't have the correct checksum.

I put the stock SystemUI.apk back on again before the update and am now keeping it for my sake.

I removed the Google Play Books app, as I didn't use it.

Photo here regarding the update error from the Hudl

(It's the same error every time)

have you put the books.apk back?

you may be best flashing the complete system partition - there may be a learning curve, but it'll definitely solve your problem