• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Huawei Ascend G6-L11 4G

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Huawei Ascend G6-L11 4G

I've searched for this but can't find anything. I got this phone a couple of weeks ago and have managed to root it with Towelroot. Are there any plans for development of custom roms/recovery, unlock bootloader etc. Can't find anything any where

Edited by hookey17

Posted

I'm surprised this phone hasn't had more interest also. Looks like the logical replacement for the g300. I'm in the market for a new phone and haven't got this yet as there seems to be very little development. I hope that changes.

Posted

Its a great phone with a lot of potential.....which has to be unlocked. Please someone help!! :)

Posted

I can't even find the factory rom for the G6. I guess custom roms will start to appear once huawei releases an official rom.

Posted

It's a great phone. We just need the factory rom for this device, and a custom recovery for futur custom roms.

It's really curious that nobody is interested by this device.....

Posted (edited)

Re ROMs for the Huawei Ascend G6 LTE (Huawei Ascend G6 L11/L22/L33)

The G6-L11, G6-L22 and G6-L33 models are all apparently ROM-compatible.

The official Ascend G6 L33 ROM is at:  http://www.huaweidevice.com.co/?page_id=766

There is also what looks like kernel source code here: http://emui.huawei.com/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=59  (compatible with G6-L11, G6-L22 and G6-L33).

I would dearly love it if there was some developer interest in this phone.

Edited by MercuryStar

Posted

For those who are interested in building the kernel :

1/ download kernel source from : http://emui.huawei.com/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=59

2/ unzip the kernel

3/ on your phone, extract the boot.img (in su mode dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p18 of=/sdcard/boot.img

4/ adb pull /sdcard/boot.img on you linux pc in your kernel folder

5/ in your extracted kernel folder ./scripts/extract-ikconfig boot.img > .config

6/ now you have your .config file for building the kernel

7/ modify the kernel Makefile to match your cross-compiling environment 

Posted

7 bis/ in Makefile : ARCH=arm

7 ter/     CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- (for me)

8/ make clean

9/ make

10/ if success you have the zimage in /arc/arm/boot/ folder