[Q] Y300 How to increase current draw from charger?

Guest yapmeo

Guest yapmeo

Hi

I charge my phone from death to 100% results:

When I use PC USB to charge, takes [3.5 hours]
When I use stock charger 550mAh to charge, takes [3 hours]

When I use 1A charger to charge, also takes [3 hours] (abit less)

I guess this phone resisted to (~< 600mAh) to avoid me charge faster, 3 hours is too long for me.
I want to charge my phone faster, how? Kernel?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dwl99

This problem has been exasperating me too! Are there any modded kernels which could fix this? 3 hours to charge a phone is just ridiculous.

Guest barnir

Dont let it go down to 0, also as far as i know that's kinda bad for lithium batteries, that should be done just once in a while

Also charging with Flight mode on makes it faster

Edited by barnir

Guest ZolaIII

-Faster the charger is battery cells will burn faster.

- Lithium ion battery's don't have any problems with total discharging.

-The problem that will also accelerate cells burning is related to maximum charging a real 100% capacity. To minimize this actual software is restricted to charge up to 92-98% depending of chosen restriction level from manufacturer.

-It's recommendable to discharge battery totally one time per month & it's also recommendable to fully charge battery one time per month if its not in use.

-High temperature of battery will reduce inducted capacity & also contribute to cells burning. So it's best to let charging process finish in early suspend or active idle state.

Fast charge kernel future referees to enabling a USB 3.0 full power output for charging (750mAh). Even it is forbidden to restrict on any way alter power jack or charger by EU laws the Huawei did it by firmware restrict the chargers to Huawei ones only (other chargers can case problems when you unplug them). They basically did this to secure them self on home market full of the bad cheap chargers. So if their is a certified Huawei charger that is stronger that is your best option. Also check the cable with that 1Ah charger.

Edited by ZolaIII