Continuation of IODAK's excellent work. [kernel] updated 14-09-02

Guest Mourta

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

I agree. To many freezes on latest and on one before that.

Yes, but finally this problem seems to have reached its solution: we are testing almost the same version you can download, trying to reproduce the issue, and we sent several last_kmsg to Mourta..the problem is due to devfreq issues, and he's reworking devfreq as well..the last version doesn't contain exactly the same code as the one before (have you faced a lot of freezes/sod while charging the phone/unplugging it from charger, after flashing the last version? We don't, but please, report everything's happening to you, of course, it'll be helpful) Now, the fact is: great part of Mourta's code is written to be part of the near 3.4 release, so some bugs may happen on the go, because the new code is optimized to make the jump to 3.4 (and sometimes it may collide with 3.1.10 base..but the solution is near for 3.1.10 too).

We are testing new cpu hotplug governors right now, for a better cpu overall management..but we need to use the phone every day, all day long for a bit of time, to face and check all bugs/issues..and we need time to be sure about what's good and what isn't..please, be patient, and if you have so much freezes now, try to go back to 08/16 version, the one with cpuquiet and without a single freeze..I hope being possible to provide you a new updated 3.1.10 version without a single freeze in the next week..but be sure that we are achieving a goal: a functional 3.4 version for our device.. and this could have not been possible without a single crash on previous versions (code doesn't born perfect, it just can become perfect after fixing, testing, facing and reporting issues, then fixing and fixing again)

Guest technofreak

Yes, but finally this problem seems to have reached its solution: we are testing almost the same version you can download, trying to reproduce the issue, and we sent several last_kmsg to Mourta..the problem is due to devfreq issues, and he's reworking devfreq as well..the last version doesn't contain exactly the same code as the one before (have you faced a lot of freezes/sod while charging the phone/unplugging it from charger, after flashing the last version? We don't, but please, report everything's happening to you, of course, it'll be helpful) Now, the fact is: great part of Mourta's code is written to be part of the near 3.4 release, so some bugs may happen on the go, because the new code is optimized to make the jump to 3.4 (and sometimes it may collide with 3.1.10 base..but the solution is near for 3.1.10 too).

We are testing new cpu hotplug governors right now, for a better cpu overall management..but we need to use the phone every day, all day long for a bit of time, to face and check all bugs/issues..and we need time to be sure about what's good and what isn't..please, be patient, and if you have so much freezes now, try to go back to 08/16 version, the one with cpuquiet and without a single freeze..I hope being possible to provide you a new updated 3.1.10 version without a single freeze in the next week..but be sure that we are achieving a goal: a functional 3.4 version for our device.. and this could have not been possible without a single crash on previous versions (code doesn't born perfect, it just can become perfect after fixing, testing, facing and reporting issues, then fixing and fixing again)

Afcourse that in development can't every time everything be smooth. We all learn on mistakes :) glad to hear that errors will be fixed :D take your time for testing, don't rush :D

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Afcourse that in development can't every time everything be smooth. We all learn on mistakes :) glad to hear that errors will be fixed :D take your time for testing, don't rush :D

Yep, errors are made for being fixed and we are involved in searching for them every day! ;D

USB ok here, as i use fast charge, i need to disable it using the tile in the quick settings drawer, unplug cable from the phone and plug it again and usb works 

Many thanks, I forgot this behaviour (had fast charge toogled on) and after disabling fast cahrge, USB went fine...

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

Complimenti per il lavoraccio!

Very great and gratis work! After the "fixed" misunderstanding there will be The fixed kernel.

Congratulazioni a tutto il team!

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Complimenti per il lavoraccio!

Very great and gratis work! After the "fixed" misunderstanding there will be The fixed kernel.

Congratulazioni a tutto il team!

Grazie mille a te per il tuo supporto, Pasquale!! :D

Many thanks to you for your support, Pasquale!! :D

Guest Industrial

hi to all first of all thank mortua for your amazing work, and thanks also to the testing crew for their work!!  :D 
I only have one question, where can I find the parameter (if any) to change the strength of the vibration? Thank you :D

Guest Industrial

from what I know, the parameter of the strength of the vibration is a parameter managed by the kernel, so I ask here, because I'm using the kernel mortua now  :)

Guest derders

ah okay .. this in from Iodak thread xda

Vibrator control

echo 70 > /sys/bus/platform/tspdrv/nforce_timed (CM only)

Values can be set from 0 to 100

0 weakest
100 strongest

Guest Industrial

ok i found it!
for all those who want to change vibration strength

echo 40 > /sys/devices/platform/tspdrv/nforce_timed

Values can be set from 0 to 100

0 weakest

100 strongest

:)  :)  :)

Edited by Industrial

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

any news ?

Not much more than what I wrote in post #330..as said there, new infos will take some time before coming. We're working hard Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

ok thnks for great work ..

You're welcome! Anyway, developing situation and latest changes can be found on Mourta's bitbucket repository, you find it in OP Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest daniel.mota

Mourta, your intelliplug kernels don't work in the latest cm11 nightlies.

I tried both of them in nightlies from 8/09 and 10/09 and the phone gets stuck in boot animation (maybe when rebuilding dalvik cache?).

I tried them with full wipes, with factory reset, with and without gapps.

The cpuquiet version, from 12/08 works well.

Mourta, your intelliplug kernels don't work in the latest cm11 nightlies.

I tried both of them in nightlies from 8/09 and 10/09 and the phone gets stuck in boot animation (maybe when rebuilding dalvik cache?).

I tried them with full wipes, with factory reset, with and without gapps.

The cpuquiet version, from 12/08 works well.

I know they don't, it was specifically configured so they won't.

Don't blame me for it.

Just use a proper ROM instead.

New stable on the way.

This one is not tested by the testing team, they have been busy with other stuff. ;)

This is the last one in this kernel series, if anyone wants to pick up the torch and continue working on it i will have no problems with it.

Just don't mention my name at all in your work.

Not blaming, just reporting :)

Thanks.

I know, no offence taken nor implied, I'm just saying that there are people who dislike you using open source software as you damn well please and want to restrict it.

I personally find this completely retarded, i won't work around it so you'll have to use another kernel if you want to use that ROM.

My newest kernel will include a very clean cpuquiet that works in conjunction with intelliplug, you can only use balanced, it's the default.

There may be another CM soon though, not even attempting to go for stable at EOL is ... well i don't know what i'd call that except that you can expect more of the same.

I'm producing one last 3.1.10 It's been stable for me for a week, it's good enough.

I want to move on to higher grounds but if i have to keep backporting and fixing i'll never get there so i'm excluding the big update from my 3.4 kernel and you'll get a kernel that will last you for about 4 days with a couple of hours of screen on or at least 3.5 hours of screen on without undervolting or underclocking.

I do this reluctantly because i have testers reaching five hours using a combo.

Guest daniel.mota

I know, no offence taken nor implied, I'm just saying that there are people who dislike you using open source software as you damn well please and want to restrict it.

I personally find this completely retarded, i won't work around it so you'll have to use another kernel if you want to use that ROM.

My newest kernel will include a very clean cpuquiet that works in conjunction with intelliplug, you can only use balanced, it's the default.

There may be another CM soon though, not even attempting to go for stable at EOL is ... well i don't know what i'd call that except that you can expect more of the same.

I'm producing one last 3.1.10 It's been stable for me for a week, it's good enough.

I want to move on to higher grounds but if i have to keep backporting and fixing i'll never get there so i'm excluding the big update from my 3.4 kernel and you'll get a kernel that will last you for about 4 days with a couple of hours of screen on or at least 3.5 hours of screen on without undervolting or underclocking.

I do this reluctantly because i have testers reaching five hours using a combo.

Well, I used your LS rom for more than a month, and I really liked it, however I had a couple of issues that seem to be solved in the latest CM11 updates:

1. Ocasional random network signal drops. I suffered from that huge problem in all custom roms (including CM11) from a long time, losing important calls and being unreachable without even knowing it.

2. GPS signal quality. It was very bad using your rom+kernel combination, and it seems much better in CM11.

The other thing that I prefer in CM over LS is (and this may seem strange) the excess of features that I actually don't use, like hover, pie, halo, and others that I don't even remember. I know I can disable them, but actually I prefer not having them.

As for your kernels, I love them. The performance is great, the battery life is better than in other kernels, it's a great work!

Thanks again for all your work!