Continuation of IODAK's excellent work. [kernel] updated 14-09-02

Guest Mourta

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

I think he is frustrated kid. I had problems with him in post also. Don't get it who give him mod status.

What can I say...? Sometimes adolescence makes people to come into these troubles (and omnipotence manias) My real life will go on in any case Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest Pasquale Lombardi

What can I say...? Sometimes adolescence makes people to come into these troubles (and omnipotence manias) My real life will go on in any case

Yes, some people believe itself godlike just because moderate a popular forum related to new technology... Some other people because is graduated in study... Some other for a random talent he has... I have to break a spear for Demetris and Laufer, more for Demetris... They did a work totally free and dedicating time... Then the people who follow the forum as ignorant in developing is carried to think they did an excellent informatic work... Indeed even a linux-fanatic like me can do a similar work without any knowledge of informatic engigneering ... So it's just people which is too easy to not only thank them for the work, but to overstimate the work done.

Anyway i just want to say to Mourta thank for the work done and please add your commits to github so we all can read what value are you adding to iodak work.

Edited by Pasquale Lombardi

Guest Gerard Szulc

Hi Mourta, thanks for your kernel.

I'm using CM11 official, and I'm having some problems with abyssplug, whenever I set it in trickstermod my phone will restart. It only works if I set cpuquiet to userspace but it leads to another problem, it will use all the four cores all the time. For now I'll stick with wheatley, but, what could be the cause of this anomally?

EDIT: Tried kernel tweaker, working fine so far :)

Userspace in this kernel should work that way in this kernel as I remember right Mourta set it to work on 4 cores without cpuquiet

Guest creedence

Hi Mourta

Thank you for your effort.I have tested your new kernel.Flashed on omni and commotio.

It works perfectly, smooth and fast.I use westwood-cfq-wheatley

Has anyone already experiences with abyssplug?

Edit:Please, it's a thread of Mourta kernel.Here there is no demetris, no iodak,no steppenwolf, and no xda.

Thanks

Edited by creedence

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Please, it's a thread of Mourta kernel.Here there is no demetris, no iodak,no steppenwolf, and no xda.

Thanks

Fortunately, there's only iodak with us, and he's the only one who has a full right to be here among those people you mentioned, apart from Mourta, of course :D Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest Benjan32

With the new rom and your kernel my cpu is overheating really fast too and because of that the battery life is not that great lost almost 5 percent only by writing this :/

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

With the new rom and your kernel my cpu is overheating really fast too and because of that the battery life is not that great lost almost 5 percent only by writing this :/

I'm scared of saying a stupid thing, but: could all these differences in kernel behaviour be related to different tegra variants on our tegra3? For example, an user on Androidiani (Italian forum) reported the abyssplug phone reboot and shutdown "bug" after installing ROM and kernel with a previous full wipe, and he has a tegra variant 0 (and I assume it tolerates kernel frequency tweaking less than a variant 1, 2 or 3). Waiting for Mourta's answer (excuse me for all these questions, mate, I'm just curious and hungry of knowledge) Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest Benjan32

I'm scared of saying a stupid thing, but: could all these differences in kernel behaviour be related to different tegra variants on our tegra3? For example, an user on Androidiani (Italian forum) reported the abyssplug phone reboot and shutdown "bug" after installing ROM and kernel with a previous full wipe, and he has a tegra variant 0 (and I assume it tolerates kernel frequency tweaking less than a variant 1, 2 or 3). Waiting for Mourta's answer (excuse me for all these questions, mate, I'm just curious and hungry of knowledge)

I have Tegra Variant 0 too and luckily haven't had those problems. I think you could be right with your idea of the variant relation. As far as I know have all of these variants different voltages.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

I have Tegra Variant 0 too and luckily haven't had those problems. I think you could be right with your idea of the variant relation. As far as I know have all of these variants different voltages.

Exactly. And what I supposed is that different variants may have different tolerance to abyssplug's frequency management..but mine are only suppositions, I'm not so skilled to find a sure answer :)

Guest ottomanhero

I've got tegra variant 1 and tried to use abyssplug after choosing userspace for cpuquiet governor.All cores are online at all times, tried those steps with kernel tweaker and trickstermod both.I guess it's more like a weird bug more than something variant dependent.

@Mourta

I've seen you talking about 3.4 kernel on XDA earlier.I wasn't able to track your progress for some time, are you planning to stick to 3.1 or will you do any future updates?

Edited by ottomanhero

Guest Mario Cruz

"Shutdown bug" is only happening if you use trickster mod. If you use "kernel tweaker" (from playstore or ROM included) everything is working just fine.

Also, as Mourta said previously, abyssplug+balanced is a good combination for battery life. Finally, you are also free to try others.

Edited by Mario Cruz

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

"Shutdown bug" is only happening if you use trickster mod. I you use "kernel tweaker" (from playstore or ROM included) everything is working just fine.

Also, as Mourta said previously, abyssplug+balanced is a good combination for battery life. Finally, you are also free to try others.

Ok, I hadn't the necessary patience waiting for Mourta's answer to my question about abyssplugv2 and finally I flashed yesterday' kernel release XD I've to report this: firstly, I completely erased trickster data and cache, then uninstalled the app; at this point, I wiped ONLY cache, dalvik cache and system on twrp, then reinstalled Beanstalk, gapps, and the kernel, finally rebooted the phone..after boot, I set max frequence to 1300 Mhz, scheduler to sio, and governor to abyssplug using the built in performance settings (in beanstalk it's similar to liquidsmooth)..after that, I used trickster mod to set balanced cpuquiet (what a f***ing good combination with abyssplug, guys!!!), multicore powersave to 1, and to make my crazy undervolt by -100mV both for LP and MPU..applied everything, I selected the "set on boot" option in trickster..then, rebooted the phone, trickster applied everything, and I'm writing to you without A SINGLE PROBLEM (neither I had problems while setting all these parameters)! :D I'm going for a battery test right now!! Tanks Mourta, you are awesome!!! Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest Mario Cruz

Ok, I hadn't the necessary patience waiting for Mourta's answer to my question about abyssplugv2 and finally I flashed yesterday' kernel release XD I've to report this: firstly, I completely erased trickster data and cache, then uninstalled the app; at this point, I wiped ONLY cache, dalvik cache and system on twrp, then reinstalled Beanstalk, gapps, and the kernel, finally rebooted the phone..after boot, I set max frequence to 1300 Mhz, scheduler to sio, and governor to abyssplug using the built in performance settings (in beanstalk it's similar to liquidsmooth)..after that, I used trickster mod to set balanced cpuquiet (what a f***ing good combination with abyssplug, guys!!!), multicore powersave to 1, and to make my crazy undervolt by -100mV both for LP and MPU..applied everything, I selected the "set on boot" option in trickster..then, rebooted the phone, trickster applied everything, and I'm writing to you without A SINGLE PROBLEM (neither I had problems while setting all these parameters)! :D I'm going for a battery test right now!! Tanks Mourta, you are awesome!!!

Lucky you!

I can only achieve -50mV uV on MPU.

But I can set my CPU to 1.6GHz & my GPU to 520MHz, it performs good and stable. :)

Guest LGaljo

Ok, I hadn't the necessary patience waiting for Mourta's answer to my question about abyssplugv2 and finally I flashed yesterday' kernel release XD I've to report this: firstly, I completely erased trickster data and cache, then uninstalled the app; at this point, I wiped ONLY cache, dalvik cache and system on twrp, then reinstalled Beanstalk, gapps, and the kernel, finally rebooted the phone..after boot, I set max frequence to 1300 Mhz, scheduler to sio, and governor to abyssplug using the built in performance settings (in beanstalk it's similar to liquidsmooth)..after that, I used trickster mod to set balanced cpuquiet (what a f***ing good combination with abyssplug, guys!!!), multicore powersave to 1, and to make my crazy undervolt by -100mV both for LP and MPU..applied everything, I selected the "set on boot" option in trickster..then, rebooted the phone, trickster applied everything, and I'm writing to you without A SINGLE PROBLEM (neither I had problems while setting all these parameters)! :D I'm going for a battery test right now!! Tanks Mourta, you are awesome!!!

Which variant do you have?

Guest Mourta

I've got tegra variant 1 and tried to use abyssplug after choosing userspace for cpuquiet governor.All cores are online at all times, tried those steps with kernel tweaker and trickstermod both.I guess it's more like a weird bug more than something variant dependent.

@Mourta

I've seen you talking about 3.4 kernel on XDA earlier.I wasn't able to track your progress for some time, are you planning to stick to 3.1 or will you do any future updates?

Choose balanced for now (i forgot that i changed a lot of things that may not make abyssplug able to completely control the cpu interface, this should be fixed by next version).

Eventually this kernel will be 3.4 completely, i'm implementing code from my other kernels with every new version.

Guest Mourta

Sounds like exactly what i use on liquid (though i set all of that in the built in kernel tweaker).

I think you'll be rather pleased with the battery life. ;)

Guest Omario-242

Thanks for your awesome work, brother :)

Best battery life I had since I started using Vanir 4.4.4

even without abyssplug (testing it right now).

Just to confirm I'm having a Variant 0

and I'm running abyssplug (set balanced with trickstermod after deleting and reinstalling it,

set abyssplug with built in performance settings) and it's working fine.

I'm also undervolting MP by 75 mV for all freq's and never had any stability problems.

Thanks again for your work and thanks to you @Iodak as well :)

EDIT: One question, I saw in your LiquidSmooth thread

that you described abyssplug as a wakelock blocker.

Does that mean I won't get notifications as the corresponding app

isn't able to start a service due to the blocked wakelock in deep sleep?

Sorry if that is a dumb question but I'm kinda confused right now.

Edited by Omario-242

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Sounds like exactly what i use on liquid (though i set all of that in the built in kernel tweaker).

I think you'll be rather pleased with the battery life. ;)

Yeah, I think it too :D Waiting for your abyssplugv2, now!!!

Guest Omario-242

Also i can only get -50. 

Where to check/see which Variant i have?

There you go:

Tegra cpu variant

/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/tegra_cpu_variant