Continuation of IODAK's excellent work. [kernel] updated 14-09-02

Guest Mourta

Guest bentiger91

You don't have access to the file, otg_enable.

Try,

su

mount -o remount,rw /system

chmod 666 "/sys/kernel/otg_mode/otg_enable"

then proceed with the echo command.Or you can just open that file via any rooted explorers and change that 0 to 1.Much easier imo

worked fine, thank you!

Guest technofreak

Hy, is it possible to make kernel to work with LG stock rom?

Mourta said that he can add flashable zip with boot.img for stock.

Guest ottomanhero

Just some feedback, I think august 1st version is a bit too agressive while waking cores, or raising frequencies even.I tweaked cpuquiet & abyssplug values a bit, helps keep the phone cool and might have increased battery by a bit, didn't have the time to test battery though.I don't seem to experience loss in performance and UI etc. are all still smooth.

Guest TheSonic

Just some feedback, I think august 1st version is a bit too agressive while waking cores, or raising frequencies even.I tweaked cpuquiet & abyssplug values a bit, helps keep the phone cool and might have increased battery by a bit, didn't have the time to test battery though.I don't seem to experience loss in performance and UI etc. are all still smooth.

I agree with you would be great If you gave us a your values and a little tutorial to do so "I am bit greedy :)"

Guest ottomanhero

I used kernel tweaker to change some settings.I haven't played any heavy games with it so far, but it's doing good with average 3D games, felt no lags so far.

If you're on liquidsmooth, go to options > performance (is built-in kernel tweaker)

1_) Switch over to CPU parameters tab.Make sure you're on abyssplug and also that your cpuquiet is set to balanced at this point.

2_) Tap on CPUquiet governor settings, change up_delay to

​[iMPORTANT NOTE : You have to set it to 800 as it is divided by 10 afterwards.If you set it to 80, it will actually be 8 which will reduce your battery life like hell.]

and load_sample_rate to

3_) Get back to CPU parameters tab, tap on governor settings and change sampling rate to

50 000

WITHOUT SPACE

[NOTE : Default is 100 000, so it's half the default sampling rate]

I haven't gone too far with tweaking these settings as I don't have the time to test all of them and compare the results.So you might want to play with these settings around a bit if you want to have better battery life.
But the idea here is to reduce amount of cores used for tasks which can be done by one core runing @ 1.5 ghz.You can play around with these settings, google what they mean if you have no idea.

Note : If you want these settings to persist, tap on that circle next to specified setting to make them persist between boots.And if you want to return to default values, just untick that circle and restart your phone, you're good to go.

Report back if you experience any lags using these settings so that I can change the values accordingly.

Edited by ottomanhero

Guest TheSonic

Thanks a lot ottomanhero changing those governors really helped even when I changed to abyssplug with default values, I will change it to the values you have provided and test it the whole day to give accurate feedback 

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Here's my battery test on this kernel and beanstalk rom with my usual personal modifies to kernel settings (and using only WiFi, no mobile data, no gaming):

post-1044898-14071603704941_thumb.jpg

post-1044898-14071603872375_thumb.jpg

Is it good enough? :D

Guest tool_king

Here's my battery test on this kernel and beanstalk rom with my usual personal modifies to kernel settings (and using only WiFi, no mobile data, no gaming):

Is it good enough? :D

How about telling us some details about your modifications and settings, mate? ;)

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

How about telling us some details about your modifications and settings, mate? ;)

Sure ;) They are quite the same as the ones I posted on my "PimpYourKernel" thread on XDA about the original iodak v10 :)

SETTINGS: Governor=interactive, Scheduler=Row, CPU max speed undercloked to 1300 Mhz, CPU max screen off frequency=475 Mhz, Multicore Power Saving=1, CPUquiet=balanced, LP Core uV=-100 mV all frequencies, MPU uV=-100 mV all frequencies

Oh, and my tegra variant is 3

Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest tool_king

Is this kernel working with stock rom ? I seethere is anykernel version but anyone tryed?

No, it doesn't work with stock ROM yet.

Guest creedence

Sure ;) They are quite the same as the ones I posted on my "PimpYourKernel" thread about the original iodak v10 :)

SETTINGS: Governor=interactive, Scheduler=Row, CPU max speed undercloked to 1300 Mhz, CPU max screen off frequency=475 Mhz, Multicore Power Saving=1, CPUquiet=balanced, LP Core uV=-100 mV all frequencies, MPU uV=-100 mV all frequencies

Oh, and my tegra variant is 3

Thank you for your honesty and that you notify your experiences. [emoji106]

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Thank you for your honesty and that you notify your experiences. [emoji106]

You are really welcome, I always believed in sharing values, and I try to do that according to what I know and what I can do :)

I´m using the new version (14-08-01) since a few days, but I doesnt use my phone a lot, cause I have a new Note 3 as daily driver.

So I set my "old" LG 4X HD most of the time in Flight-Mode to save battery while not using.

With new version of kernel, I have only 90-92% DeepSleep in Flight-Mode (allways reset CPU-Spy/BBS when enabling Flight-Mode), normally its about 98-99%. I tried for 3 days with 3 reboots, allways 90-92%. With BBS I could see Top-Wakelock with 5-6% is "Baseband-xmm-power" (???), but I´m in Flight-Mode, there shouldn´t be wakelocks for mobile data!!!

Installed older version of Mourta-Kernel from 14-07-22 today, and after 2 hours in DeepSleep its back on 98,6%. No "Baseband-xmm-power"  wakelock appeared. 

Edit:  I was wrong, even with older version from 14-07-22 I got "baseband-xmm-power" in Flight-Mode after turning on mobile data and aftwords turning Flight-Mode on. Trying now Iodak_V10-CM...

Edited by Guest

Sorry, may be it was false declaration of an issue, "baseband-xmm-power" wakelock occurs with all kernels in Flight-Mode (???). As I dont use my LG 4X HD for a while and set it allways to Flight-Mode, I´m sure there was DeepSleep while being in Flight-Mode at 98%. What´s now causing the wakelock and a max. DeepSleep at 90-92% in Flight-Mode, I  dont know. May be new Rom (Liquid, was an Vanir 4.3.1 before) and some Apps? Will search for it when I have more time...

Guest ottomanhero

Probably Gapps is causing this.Since release of android 4.4.4, some gapps cause wakelock issues.Get the latest package and block wakelock of anything starting with nlp if you can (if you're on liquidsmooth, it's under settings > advanced options > wakelock blocker)

May be ur right. I disabled Location service some hours ago and now it seems 98% DeepSleep in Flight-Mode again. NLP-Wakelocks are also location related, I think, so may be that´s the right direction. Will test a bit more...

Guest TheSonic

Hello guys, Did any one got the phone unresponsive/very hot after 30 min of use? I am using abyssplug governor/balanced/1300 MHZ

Edited by TheSonic

Guest TheSonic

I am running your config, but my phone stays quite cool now. As long as I am not using gps ...

I was playing a game for 15 min and after that facebook/facebook messenger for another 15 min.

I didn't undervolt my CPU only set max frequency, What about you?