Battery wanted

Guest Roger Barnett

Guest Roger Barnett

Does anybody have an OSD battery they no longer require which they could donate to me?

My battery gave up a while ago, but apart from that the phone is functional, so I've tried a replacement using a battery from ebay of the same spec, but my soldering skills were not accurate enough and subsequently the new battery did not work.

The easy way round would be another battery from an OSD, pulled out with the wires and connecter still attached.

I'd be willing to pay the postage, plus a negotiable fee for the battery itself.

Any takers please PM me or respond to this post.

Thanks

Roger

Guest Roger Barnett

I've searched high and low with google to try and find a battery with the connector for the OSD already soldered in which fits the San Diego. No luck  : (

Has anyone any ideas if such a combination is sold anywhere?

Guest BlueMoonRising

I've searched high and low with google to try and find a battery with the connector for the OSD already soldered in which fits the San Diego. No luck  : (

Has anyone any ideas if such a combination is sold anywhere?

Back when the OSD was new I did find a battery listed for it that "may" have had the leads ready soldered.

After a quick Google I surprisingly found it too http://www.modaco.com/topic/360018-what-happens-if-the-battery-dies-after-a-year/?p=2071303

The OSD is still listed but there's no indication of what it looks like (presuming there was in the first place :) ). I'd have thought it would be just a generic battery of the right type and size with no leads attached however.

Please note that I've never tried these guys so don't know how reliable they are.

Edited by BlueMoonRising

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Roger Barnett

Tried emailing M99 using their website form a few days ago, to ask if the battery includes the connector. As yet no reply.

The website only gives a fax number, no phone no. Tried googling their company name, but can't find a contact no.

I picture them operating from a warehouse with no customer support!

• 1 month later...
Guest Roger Barnett

After a lot of ummimg and ahhhing I decided to take a leap of faith and order through m99.

2 days later I received this

"Unfortunately the product/s ordered from our website (or via an affiliate companies website) is/are currently out of stock with both us and our network of suppliers. As the product/s will not be available in the near future your order was therefore cancelled.

Your credit / debit card has not been charged for this order.

Approx due date for more stock of this/these product/s : Currently unknown."

Anybody got any other suggestions for a new osd battery, pre-wired?

Guest BlueMoonRising

I really doubt you're going to get a ready wired one, perhaps you could ask around work and friends for someone who's got experience with fine soldering?