LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest Mourta

Hi all. I'm new of this site/forum. Anyway, I like to try new ROMs for our device, so I noticed this amazing ROM on Androidiani. I come from about one month of CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial, with Iodak kernel 10. I flashed the latest version of LiquidSmooth and gapps, but I'm not sure if I did something wrong in the settings... the problem is, battery doesn't long so much. In fact, I set IntelliPlug to be started at boot and nothing else... I put my device on charge yesterday evening and when I woke up it was 97%, the usual charge problem I think. Anyway, with just 24 minutes and 13 seconds of screen on, battery has dropped from 97 to 70%, after about 8 hours; I didn't use WiFi but only data... I didn't install anything new (I installed apps I use yesterday) and I just used it to send some messages with Hangout and WhatsApp.

My Tegra version is 2 for sure. I will try this ROM until I finish battery and then I'll try with the newest kernel available. 

Still, this is an amazing job, as regars smoothness and speed in opening and closing apps. It uses less than 50% of available RAM when idle. And it is really really fast. Only problem is battery seems to drop very fast in my opinion: when I used FluidROM_Gtype I managed to achieve almost 6 hours of screen activity, that is, more then an hour with battery to 80%.

I hope that updating kernel all these problems get solved (in fact this morning I had to detach battery to make it run, I couldn't wake it up). 

Apart from this, these are still amazing ROM and kernel, perhaps the best I've ever been able to try :)

So, thank you really much Mourta, and go on with your amazing job here :)

You should use Abyssplugv2, intelliplug is a hotplug option, abyssplugv2 is a governor.

6 hours, eh?

You should be able to get a couple of days with a few hours of screentime on my ROM and Kernel, i do.

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

Hi all. I'm new of this site/forum. Anyway, I like to try new ROMs for our device, so I noticed this amazing ROM on Androidiani. I come from about one month of CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial, with Iodak kernel 10. I flashed the latest version of LiquidSmooth and gapps, but I'm not sure if I did something wrong in the settings... the problem is, battery doesn't long so much. In fact, I set IntelliPlug to be started at boot and nothing else... I put my device on charge yesterday evening and when I woke up it was 97%, the usual charge problem I think. Anyway, with just 24 minutes and 13 seconds of screen on, battery has dropped from 97 to 70%, after about 8 hours; I didn't use WiFi but only data... I didn't install anything new (I installed apps I use yesterday) and I just used it to send some messages with Hangout and WhatsApp.

My Tegra version is 2 for sure. I will try this ROM until I finish battery and then I'll try with the newest kernel available.

Still, this is an amazing job, as regars smoothness and speed in opening and closing apps. It uses less than 50% of available RAM when idle. And it is really really fast. Only problem is battery seems to drop very fast in my opinion: when I used FluidROM_Gtype I managed to achieve almost 6 hours of screen activity, that is, more then an hour with battery to 80%.

I hope that updating kernel all these problems get solved (in fact this morning I had to detach battery to make it run, I couldn't wake it up).

Apart from this, these are still amazing ROM and kernel, perhaps the best I've ever been able to try :)

So, thank you really much Mourta, and go on with your amazing job here :)

As said by Mourta, set abyssplugv2 as governor..then, I suggest to try underclocking max cpu freq to 1300 Mhz and underVolting your cpu frequencies by -75 or -100 mVolts (it should be possible on your tegra variant)..then make a new test, please :) Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest Mysterion1

@Mourta Thx for this great rom!

It's very smooth and fast.

Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere, but for me the front camera does not work. I only get a green screen by enabling it. Does anyone else have this problem, too?

Guest Mysterion1

@Mourta Thx for this great rom!

It's very smooth and fast.

Sorry if this was already mentioned somewhere, but for me the front camera does not work. I only get a green screen by enabling it. Does anyone else have this problem, too?

Edit: I only used the ported stock JB Camera and third party camera apps which had this issue. Tried the preinstalled camera app and it works. Strange...

Guest Mourta

Edit: I only used the ported stock JB Camera and third party camera apps which had this issue. Tried the preinstalled camera app and it works. Strange...

I think that is a known issue with the stock cam, though i've never used it because i've never found a need to.

I've already fixed the camera delays when using flash so the built in should be good to go.

Guest halldors78

the new kernel is great, everything works great now thank you. but i was wondering does any 4.4.4 rom have working qr scanner? and skype? or do we need stock for that? and why is it so difficult to make it work in kitkat? just wondering. thank you again

the new kernel is great, everything works great now thank you. but i was wondering does any 4.4.4 rom have working qr scanner? and skype? or do we need stock for that? and why is it so difficult to make it work in kitkat? just wondering. thank you again

Roms that are based of official CM.But they have other problems.

Guest Mysterion1

Hi all!

Would I like to ask what is the correct setup order?

1. Boot to recovery

2. full wipe

3. install main rom

4. reboot

4. seting up the rom

5. reboot to recovery

5 install pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.4-20140901-signed.zip

6. reboot and finish ?

You can follow this order, but you can flash the Gapps right after the main rom. (it saves time and almost everyone does)

Hi all!

Would I like to ask what is the correct setup order?

1. Boot to recovery

2. full wipe

3. install main rom

4. reboot

4. seting up the rom

5. reboot to recovery

5 install pa_gapps-modular-mini-4.4.4-20140901-signed.zip

6. reboot and finish ?

From other ROM:

Factory reset and format system

Install ROM and Gapps and eventually kernel if that is newer than the ROM.

Reboot.

From my ROM:

Install ROM and wipe dalvik/cache, install kernel if a newer version exists.

Reboot.

Guest fozland

thank you, but still i love how smooth and fast this rom is. maybe i will try or just be happy with this one.

Beanstalk is smooth and fast as well.

Actually i use both Mourta's LS and Beanstalk CM (that one when i need QR scan or preview in google cam panoramas) as daily roms

Now it's up to u to try ;-)

Edited by fozland

Guest halldors78

ok thanks, havent tried using two roms, maybe i will test it, but im playing Bards Tale now so maybe i finish it first, takes so much disk space. and have been trying lightning launcher and kk launcher. both great. but as with every launcher there seems to be some good things in one that needs in the other and so on, KK is great but needs a better app drawer. been back to Nova now and i have to say it seem a little smoother but could use the latest install and latest used feature in app drawer from lightning launcher.

but the ROM works very well right now, and no problem any more with charger plugging.

Guest penguin449

http://imgur.com/PJg0Tsm

http://imgur.com/InzrhYE

http://imgur.com/COlAtM8

There's the proof :-)

5h on screen time

24-25k antutu without OC (results vary depending on variant)

So mourta's version still so good now huh? Stop bumming him up so hard man, makes you look so pathetic.. As if he's voldermourta and your his pathetic badword wormtail.

Guest Gerard Szulc

So 24k antutu without oc you say snd screenshot tells me something else. I dont know you, so tell me ( us ) what is your rom?

This guy gave us latest multirom. His roms are really good btw . but i CANT say nothing about this case. Mourta's kernel with pa4.5beta4 itself giving 22k antutu score without art. So its not that bad. What means kanged? Stealed? In open source world? Kanging is everywhere in android Roms....

Guest technofreak

5h on screen time

So mourta's version still so good now huh? Stop bumming him up so hard man, makes you look so pathetic.. As if he's voldermourta and your his pathetic badword wormtail.

Well, you s*** on yourself kid. In picture we SEE(you know) that you did make OC. And that good screen on time you can only achieve with big underclock, and i mean BIG, or bigger battery(let someone correct me if i'm wrong). So nothing special on your side. You are on good way to be baned out of this forum as you already are on xda. If you don't have something from what we all can have benefit, you batter be quiet. Don't spam if you don't have obvious evidence.

Guest greece4E

5h on screen time

i try your rom man is very responsive and fast i run antutu and i rich 22150 .. battery i try tomorrow ....but have problem with unlock no wakeup .is better to stop spam and start to help us with this great project 

EDIT : battery sucks ddrops 97% to 45% witout use the phone .... droop signal and must put pin again and again ..... sorry but moutras rom is million times better than your rom

Edited by greece4E

Guest fozland

Well, you s*** on yourself kid. In picture we SEE(you know) that you did make OC. And that good screen on time you can only achieve with big underclock, and i mean BIG, or bigger battery(let someone correct me if i'm wrong). So nothing special on your side. You are on good way to be baned out of this forum as you already are on xda. If you don't have something from what we all can have benefit, you batter be quiet. Don't spam if you don't have obvious evidence.

Well done ;-)

Just give a try to this "marvelous" ROM, my score was around 13000 hihihihi, i reach 19000 with the same settings on mourta's which is still the fastest rom i've ever used.

U can be confident @Mourta....