LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest Stephan Binder

Yes, the difficulty is to determine which app does this, as it doesn't happen on official cm...

I'm doing a new setup right now with the latest kernel.

Edited by Stephan Binder

Guest Gkeko

Using ART. I dont see any difference... Its fast as on dalvik, just awsome ;-) also on new version of kernel. Thanks

Hope battery screen on time will go over 3hours

/Edit

Set Art but is still dalvik to see in developer options. Suggestions?

Edited by Gkeko

Guest TheSonic

After a lot of testing here is my results:
Battery: About 20% more
 - 2 hours and half with Facebook/browsing/Facebook messenger all in multi tasking"

- 1 hour and 16 min voice call

always on 3G network mode and data is off when not using it, The phone reached one full day without recharging actually the deep sleep is perfect I got less than 0.5 % battery drain when phone is idle and the signal is good
the only fast drain I got when the signal is bad I found out that the phone consumes more than 4% per hour

In terms of gaming performance it begins faster than the stock original ROM and eventually when the phone gets hotter they both are the same

very fast UI and user accessibility which is in my opinion the most critical performance factor as phone is used to do a phone calls so the time I took to unlock the device and access the caller UI is definitely a way faster than Stock original ROM its not as fast as the dialer of CM 10.1 if you closed the dialer and re opened it so I recommend to always put the dialer in the background as it consumes no CPU at all and wont affect the battery drain it will only give you an instant access to the dialer any time and for me the dialer never got killed even when I play high performance games

Gonna try your new kernel with your new ROM because I like to always do a full wipe/reset before I change the ROM/Kernel 
I am looking forward your updates ^_^ and thanks again

Guest Ben36

Using ART. I dont see any difference... Its fast as on dalvik, just awsome ;-) also on new version of kernel. Thanks

Hope battery screen on time will go over 3hours

/Edit

Set Art but is still dalvik to see in developer options. Suggestions?

Yea remove xposed

Guest ottomanhero

I recommend to always put the dialer in the background as it consumes no CPU at all and wont affect the battery drain it will only give you an instant access to the dialer any time and for me the dialer never got killed even when I play high performance games

Try using ART, gives a lot less loading time for apps.Plus considering dial app is odexed, should open almost as fast as it would when it's in memory.

PS : Android caches certain apps depending on how frequently you use them, so that it can reduce loading times.And as far as I know, some core apps are almost always in memory unless out-of-memory kicks in.So you don't really need to do that, just use your phone for 2 - 3 days without flashing another rom or wiping or anything, you'll notice your frequently used apps will load faster.

Guest technofreak

Sorry for maybe stupid question,but... On what depends how good art will perform? ROM or kernel or both? I'm not 100% shure, so wanna clear that a bit.

Guest TheSonic

Running good so far...

How can I get rid of the notification on locksreen?

See pic

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-08-02-16-26-45.png

To disable Lock screen Notifications:

Navigate to settings >Notifications > lock screen notifications and uncheck Enable notifications 

You will findNotifications under the general section in the settings

Guest TheSonic

Try using ART, gives a lot less loading time for apps.Plus considering dial app is odexed, should open almost as fast as it would when it's in memory.

PS : Android caches certain apps depending on how frequently you use them, so that it can reduce loading times.And as far as I know, some core apps are almost always in memory unless out-of-memory kicks in.So you don't really need to do that, just use your phone for 2 - 3 days without flashing another rom or wiping or anything, you'll notice your frequently used apps will load faster.

Correct me if I am wrong, Its risky to use ART instead of dalvik, I tested the dialer so many times for 4 days and there is huge difference if I closed the dialer it takes about 1 - 2 secs to load after the phone is idle while when I put it in the background I always have instant access to it

Guest Stephan Binder

To disable Lock screen Notifications:

Navigate to settings >Notifications > lock screen notifications and uncheck Enable notifications

You will findNotifications under the general section in the settings

Thanks!

I found this already, but German translation is rather poor, so I didn't recognize it. :-)

Guest phynix5800

This ROM, together with the kernel, makes the P880 usable for the first time! I tried a lot of ROMs out there, but I always had lags, where the phone hung for like a minute, and it constantly performed sluggish. This seems to be gone now. Thanks a lot for sharing your work Mourta! High five dude! :)

Guest ottomanhero

Correct me if I am wrong, Its risky to use ART instead of dalvik, I tested the dialer so many times for 4 days and there is huge difference if I closed the dialer it takes about 1 - 2 secs to load after the phone is idle while when I put it in the background I always have instant access to it

ART is not risky at all.That warning was put there when ART was pretty new.It got a lot of patches in time and it's stable enough.Plus, ART gives you a lot more battery life than you get with dalvik.Even mourta is using/recommending ART, why would he do that if it was risky? Would google publicly release ART if it had any risks beyond making your phone restart? ( used to happen back when it was new)

Removed xposed, still not on art...

Did you bother changing dalvik to ART, after removing xposed?..

For the record, greenify really doesn't have much of an use, use it only when you have some annoying apps that keep runing services in the background and if you don't want to remove them.A lot of apps in playstore can turn these services off anyway.

People use greenify as if greenifying all apps will help with battery life.Some apps run in the background because you run them frequently, so that they can load faster later on.When you greenify them, they are no longer kept in memory, causing in slower load of apps plus you waste more battery loading them back into memory every time you open them.

Guest Gkeko

Did you bother changing dalvik to ART, after removing xposed?..

Removed xposed, restarted my phone, went to developer options, changed runtime to art, phone did an automatic reboot. After this there is still written dalvik instead of art

Guest TheSonic

Which ones?

I was trying to enable the following:

file system speedup
battery tweaks
touch tweaks
super tweaks
speedy modified

From  settings>Advanced options > Startup tweeks

Guest Giuseppe Vallone

I was trying to enable the following:

file system speedup

battery tweaks

touch tweaks

super tweaks

speedy modified

From settings>Advanced options > Startup tweeks

You need to mount system partition as rw, to let the scripts work. Open terminal emulator, and type:

su

then, type:

mount -o remount, rw /system

At this point, try to set those scripts, they should stay enabled :)

Edited by Giuseppe Vallone

Guest Stephan Binder

You need to mount system partition as rw, to let the scripts work. Open terminal emulator, and type:

su

then, type:

mount -o remount, rw /system

At this point, try to set those scripts, they should stay enabled :)

But what is more important: do these scripts have any positive effect?

Guest Marek Wasik

Idk, just changed to Art and it's working ok. Took some time ( about 7? minutes) to make it happen. But, how the hell make notifications to start working?

Guest ottomanhero

So what did i do wrong with setting ART?

I'm not sure but I think xposed installs a jar file to your system.And I heavily doubt removing app alone removes that.You should install xposed.apk, open it and try to uninstall that file jar from there.I'm pretty sure there is a button to do so.Then try to set it to art after a restart.

Uninstalling xposed.apk is basically removing the UI while xposed itself stays installed.

But what is more important: do these scripts have any positive effect?

Almost more than half of them don't even work.I've mounted /system, opened smanager and ran scripts manually.Most of them have problems in the code that prevents script from runing.Zipalign binary doesn't even work in kitkat.

Still, enable them, let the ones which work do their job.You may atleast see some increase in app loading for apps which have databases.

I suggest you to not enable zipaligning as it doesn't work and usually increases boottime.

Also try using "Pimp my ROM".It's script almost have no issues at all and there are some useful tweaks there.Also don't enable zipalign in that app.

Guest Stephan Binder

So what did i do wrong with setting ART?

As Ottomanhero said, perhaps closed f*#'ed up your room. I would try to format system and reinstall the room. Low effort and it will work then. (Hopefully) ;-)