ZTE Kis 3 / ZTE Open C stock ROMs

Guest KonstaT

Guest rafaelweed

Can i install the stock recovery through twrp?? I am a newbie i ve already read the instructions but i can't decide what to do. Should i flash the "update.zip" directly trough the twrp recovery

Guest KonstaT
18 hours ago, rafaelweed said:

Can i install the stock recovery through twrp?? I am a newbie i ve already read the instructions but i can't decide what to do. Should i flash the "update.zip" directly trough the twrp recovery

Well, if you put it in a custom recovery flashable zip. Or use fastboot. It all the same whether your flashing custom or stock recovery.

No, you use custom recovery to install custom ROMs - use stock recovery to install stock ROMs.

If you've bothered to follow any instructions, you'll have a nandroid backup of your stock ROM you can restore.

Edited by KonstaT

• 1 month later...
Guest rafaelweed
On 29/03/2016 at 3:20 PM, KonstaT said:

Well, if you put it in a custom recovery flashable zip. Or use fastboot. It all the same whether your flashing custom or stock recovery.

No, you use custom recovery to install custom ROMs - use stock recovery to install stock ROMs.

If you've bothered to follow any instructions, you'll have a nandroid backup of your stock ROM you can restore.

So basicaly i can't back to stock rom because i don't have a nandroid backup because my sd card got corrupted and I've lost all my data and i got installed a custom rom :-/

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, rafaelweed said:

So basicaly i can't back to stock rom because i don't have a nandroid backup because my sd card got corrupted and I've lost all my data and i got installed a custom rom :-/

Why not? Nothing stopping you from installing any of the stock firmwares in the first post - it just won't be the one that was shipped with your device.

Guest rafaelweed
15 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Why not? Nothing stopping you from installing any of the stock firmwares in the first post - it just won't be the one that was shipped with your device.

Sorry if i'm being boring, but i don't know how am i gonna install it because in the first post it says to read the instruction on the package that we downloaded but what it just says is to use the stock recovery or using one app that comes the phone and i don't have them both and i don't have the nandroid backup too :-/

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, rafaelweed said:

Sorry if i'm being boring, but i don't know how am i gonna install it because in the first post it says to read the instruction on the package that we downloaded but what it just says is to use the stock recovery or using one app that comes the phone and i don't have them both and i don't have the nandroid backup too :-/

Here's the latest generic firmware. Download the stock recovery image linked below. Install the recovery image (or even better fastboot boot it) just like any other recovery image (instructions in the CWM thread). Download one of the stock firmware packages linked below. Unzip it, read instructions in the PDF, copy update.zip to your sdcard. Install update.zip in stock recovery.

On 7/28/2014 at 10:35 PM, KonstaT said:
Belgium, Czech, Macedonia, Slovakia: (Generic)
Modem: M8610AAAAANLYD180333.1

ro.build.display.id=ZTE_KIS_III_V3.0
ro.build.inner.version=GEN_EU_P821E10V1.0.0B10
ro.build.version.release=4.4.2
ro.build.date=Fri May  9 13:02:04 CST 2014
ro.product.model=ZTE Kis 3
ro.product.brand=ZTE
ro.product.name=ZTE-P821E10
ro.product.device=ZTE-P821E10

Edited by KonstaT

Guest rafaelweed
14 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Here's the latest generic firmware. Download the stock recovery image linked below. Install the recovery image (or even better fastboot boot it) just like any other recovery image (instructions in the CWM thread). Download one of the stock firmware packages linked below. Unzip it, read instructions in the PDF, copy update.zip to your sdcard. Install update.zip in stock recovery.

Ok, thank you soo much you have solved my problem and it was how i should install the stock recovery

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lugo

Hi Konsta,

I desperately need to flash my Kis3 back to stock ROM.

Someday my phone's both SIM didnt work. It just failed to load in setting and everywhere. Sometimes with switching to airplane mode and back, it works. But someday, wifi and bluetooth also failed to load. Switching to airplane mode didnt work. I've tried reinstall CyanogenMod11 several times, not work. So my last option is to revert it to stock ROM. The problem is, the power button is broken while -not like CMW- stock recovery can not use home button to execute command.

So, do u have any suggestion to my problem?

Thanks a lot.

Guest KonstaT
39 minutes ago, Lugo said:

Hi Konsta,

I desperately need to flash my Kis3 back to stock ROM.

Someday my phone's both SIM didnt work. It just failed to load in setting and everywhere. Sometimes with switching to airplane mode and back, it works. But someday, wifi and bluetooth also failed to load. Switching to airplane mode didnt work. I've tried reinstall CyanogenMod11 several times, not work. So my last option is to revert it to stock ROM. The problem is, the power button is broken while -not like CMW- stock recovery can not use home button to execute command.

So, do u have any suggestion to my problem?

Thanks a lot.

'adb sideload'.

Guest Lugo
15 hours ago, KonstaT said:

'adb sideload'.

adb sideload in stock recovery must be prepared by select "apply update from adb" and then hit power button to execute. That's my problem, my power button is broken. stock recovery can not use home button to execute.

I have tried entering sideload mode through adb by using "adb reboot sideload", but the phone just reboot as normal (without sideload parameter). It seems that Kis3 does not support adb reboot sideload.

Any clue?

Edited by Lugo

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, Lugo said:

adb sideload in stock recovery must be prepared by select "apply update from adb" and then hit power button to execute. That's my problem, my power button is broken. stock recovery can not use home button to execute.

I have tried entering sideload mode through adb by using "adb reboot sideload", but the phone just reboot as normal (without sideload parameter). It seems that Kis3 does not support adb reboot sideload.

Any clue?

Ah, that's right.

You could modify the stock update.zip (remove bootloader/modem files and edit updater-script) and use custom recovery to flash it.

Having a nandroid backup of the stock ROM would be handy in a situation like this...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello. Some time ago I bricked my ZTE Kis 3. It doesn't boot neither it is recognized when i plug it to the PC via USB. I've already googled to see if it was possible to recovery it, but i couldn't found anything.

Is there any way to do it like what we can do with the 3DS? ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ )

Thanks in advance.

Guest KonstaT
13 hours ago, HIBy said:

Hello. Some time ago I bricked my ZTE Kis 3. It doesn't boot neither it is recognized when i plug it to the PC via USB. I've already googled to see if it was possible to recovery it, but i couldn't found anything.

Is there any way to do it like what we can do with the 3DS? ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ )

What did you do exactly?

See Russian forums forums for debricking guides. They seem to be into bricking their devices. :P

• 4 months later...
Guest JuniorJPDJ

I bricked my Kis 3, is there a way how to boot into fastboot without having working device? I tried power + vol down and it just doesn't do anything :C

I've overwritten recovery in download mode without making backup...

Debugging is turned off

Guest KonstaT
19 hours ago, JuniorJPDJ said:

I bricked my Kis 3, is there a way how to boot into fastboot without having working device? I tried power + vol down and it just doesn't do anything :C

I've overwritten recovery in download mode without making backup...

Debugging is turned off

If you've only overwritten recovery partition, your device should still boot to Android. Russian forums have de-bricking guides. I don't tend to 'brick' my devices so de-bricking scene is really not my thing.
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=598421

2 hours ago, JuniorJPDJ said:

Can someone give me raw dd image of recovery partition?

Plenty of recovery images (custom and stock) available. dd dump would be no different from that except rest of the partition size (10485760 bytes) is filled with zeros.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest JuniorJPDJ

So there is something wrong with my phone.

I had no working android and no working sdcard so i flashed recovery generated from polish polkometel update.zip using dd in QHSUSB_BULK mode.

..and i forgot to do backup C:

Tried to flash cwm, twrp, generated stock and some stock recoveries from first post.

Also Open C flasher cant recognise my phone and eMMC flasher from QPST is saying that device timed out :C

EDIT:

NVM, unbricked, one of this recoveries given me working fastboot, then I booted twrp and flashed cm13, thanks for help anyway ;)

Edited by JuniorJPDJ

• 1 month later...
Guest mclovr

hi..i'm from indonesia.i need ur big help to flash stock recovery on my zte v811w (trikomsel/indonesia).can u give me link to download recovery .img file? thanks a lot

• 3 months later...
Guest Wozza_UK

Hello.

I have an old ZTE Open C lying around and I want to flash Android onto it and give it to my dad.

Now I have flashed Firefox 2.2 onto this as per the instructions on this site using the Open C rooting tool. (http://builds.firefoxos.mozfr.org/doc/en/devices/zte-open-c-eu)

Now I would like to put TWRP on it and flash the best Android version available.

How do I go about this?

Thanks.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, Wozza_UK said:

Hello.

I have an old ZTE Open C lying around and I want to flash Android onto it and give it to my dad.

Now I have flashed Firefox 2.2 onto this as per the instructions on this site using the Open C rooting tool. (http://builds.firefoxos.mozfr.org/doc/en/devices/zte-open-c-eu)

Now I would like to put TWRP on it and flash the best Android version available.

How do I go about this?

Thanks.

It depends. First you have to install official KitKat somehow.

Simple option is to just flash the EU_FFOS+to+Android.zip package. Other option is to use Windows flasher (all flashtool firmwares are mirrored here). Windows flasher will also repartition the storage so you'll have more space for Android data. You've probably already used similar tool to install Firefox OS engineering build.

Once you've installed official KitKat, you can install TWRP and custom ROM per instructions. What is the best Android version is subjective of course. This is a low-end device with limited amount of RAM. It was designed to run KitKat so CM11 is the least hacked together.

Edited by KonstaT

• 2 months later...
Guest kron3
On 27/12/2014 at 1:59 PM, KonstaT said:
Here you go, here's a stock Indonesian recovery.img. If there isn't an actual recovery.img inside the update.zip, you can still generate one from boot.img and recovery-from-boot.p.

Link is not available. Can you reupload it? I don't have a pc so i can't generate one

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, kron3 said:

Link is not available. Can you reupload it? I don't have a pc so i can't generate one

Sorry, don't have it anymore.

• 7 months later...
Guest KeHiNnY

Hello KonstaT,

I'm Algerian and not an english speaker so sorry for my english,

I bought two years ago a ZTE Kis 3 from swisscom in Switzerland. I never used the phone a lot until last September when I needed it. I was using CyanogenMod Android 5.1 the phone was working properly until it started to slowly defect because the volume buttons stopped working. Last week, several applications were spitting up. I donated reset the phone from the settings as I have often done. However the problem persisted and I made the mistake of suppressing the rom by recovery. The phone didn't turn on anymore and stayed on the boot but thanks to the adb I managed to restart it in recovery since the volume keys don't work anymore and I flashed the last version of lineageOs (android 7.1) for ZTE Kis 3 available on your site with the last corresponding gapps. But unfortunately from the phone does not start anymore and stays on the lineageOs boot. The phone is no longer detected by the ADB even though I changed the wire. And the only solution I found on the internet is to use the SP Flash Tool but I can't find the ZTE Kis 3 ScatterFile anywhere.

So I'm asking you if you would have it and if you would have a solution to my problem knowing that I need the phone and I can't buy another one.

Thank you in advance

Edited by KeHiNnY
false