G300 Downgrade from ICS to GB - Working Link and Advice please?

Guest arcuser

Guest arcuser

Background:

Was on GB 2.3.6 stock Vodafone UK firmware Baseband 109808 for around 2 years - rooted, bootloader unlocked and running ClockWorkMod recovery.

Woke up one morning and when powering up was greeted with the "Welcome to Android" message. I was like wtf?!

Handset seemed to have completely reset to factory default - all call history, numbers, txts etc. were gone. Still can't quite figure out what happened.

Progress:

Tried to boot into ClockworkMod, didn't work. After much reading and messing around, trying to unlock the bootloader and check root etc. thought I had ended up with a brick (handset was stuck in a constant bootloop) but eventually was left with no real choice except to install official firmware for ICS 4.0.3

Problem:

Am on ICS 4.0.3 - Baseband 2030, build U8815V100R001C02B961 (official, downloaded from Huawei website) bootloader is unlocked and handset is rooted.

Can't find any working links to downgrade again to Gingerbread 2.3.6 or 2.3.7 - all seem to be dead

The downgrade from Huawei official website also seems to be gone.

Only thing I can find is this: http://huaweimobile.com.au/support/mobile-phones from the Huawei Australia website (Click on Huawei G300)

"Downgrade Software from Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) to Gingerbread (2.3) Suitable for downgrade from build number U8815-51V100R001C346B958"

Not sure whether to chance using this or not, as I am currently on U8815V100R001C02B961.

Looking for the proper Downgrade zip file to get back to U8815V100R001C02B892 or B896 (I think?) Stock Vodafone UK firmware

and hope someone still has it and can please upload it?

and/or the firmware of U8815V100R001C02B892 or B896 would be helpful (or whatever the latest Gingerbread official firmware is)

Edited by arcuser

Guest Kamikazi

i don't think you can downgrade, from what i remember you needed a "middle package" which allows your phone to accept the downgrade at all. Then you need to flash the GB stock rom. When i did it "back in the days" it didn't work so i had to look for other solutions

but this looks full of promise :[http://www.modaco.com/topic/366111-ics-403-to-23-gb-official-downgrading/]

but if all fails you might need to flash a custom rom, popular ones are Cyanogenmod, but i like GBXtreme by Cyan31

(insert hate comments here)

Guest arcuser

i don't think you can downgrade, from what i remember you needed a "middle package" which allows your phone to accept the downgrade at all. Then you need to flash the GB stock rom. When i did it "back in the days" it didn't work so i had to look for other solutions

but this looks full of promise :[http://www.modaco.com/topic/366111-ics-403-to-23-gb-official-downgrading/]

but if all fails you might need to flash a custom rom, popular ones are Cyanogenmod, but i like GBXtreme by Cyan31

I am looking into the link you have given, which links to other items.

Within the Huawei AU Downgrade zip, a "middle" package is provided.

However as it suggests it works for users on U8815-51V100R001C346B958 so I am unsure if it will work for me being on U8815V100R001C02B961.

Therefore even if someone can provide a working link for the U8815V100R001C02B892 or upwards stock GB firmware, it may even help me here.

Edited by arcuser

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vhristenco

@arcuser: you can downgrade in 2 easy steps.

1. Force Flash this file. This will allow you to flash ANY rom afterwards. After rebooting you can remove the battery, no need to fully boot to ICS.

2. Force Flash B895. AFAIK it's the latest european GB.

By "Force Flash" I mean copy the dload folder on sd-card, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, re-insert the battery and power on the phone while pressing both Vol+ and Vol-.

• 2 months later...
Guest only1carra

@arcuser: you can downgrade in 2 easy steps.

1. Force Flash this file. This will allow you to flash ANY rom afterwards. After rebooting you can remove the battery, no need to fully boot to ICS.

2. Force Flash B895. AFAIK it's the latest european GB.

By "Force Flash" I mean copy the dload folder on sd-card, remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, re-insert the battery and power on the phone while pressing both Vol+ and Vol-.

given this a try but no joy , the progress bar still stops at the same point