[DEV][ROM][17.11.] CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.4) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT

KonstaT: quick fix?

Will see if I have time to do a new build at some point (don't even have CM11 sources on my computer at the moment).

Guest Polesz

Will see if I have time to do a new build at some point (don't even have CM11 sources on my computer at the moment).

Ok, thanks! Have a nice day!

Guest KonstaT

New build. I really really hope this will be the last one (this is the third 'final' build :P). I pushed my device tree back to my github and some patches to legaCyMod. If something like this happens again - build it yourself, there's instructions in the third post. ;)

cm-11-20150808-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?47g9o5spv5lbwhw
md5:b2c5bb09516b5d46aa5fa1f409b3ab71

-patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-5366, CVE-2015-3339 and CVE-2015-1534)
-patch recently disclosed stagefright vulnerabilities (merged)

Guest Polesz

New build. I really really hope this will be the last one (this is the third 'final' build :P). I pushed my device tree back to my github and some patches to legaCyMod. If something like this happens again - build it yourself, there's instructions in the third post. ;)

cm-11-20150808-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?47g9o5spv5lbwhw
md5:b2c5bb09516b5d46aa5fa1f409b3ab71

-patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-5366, CVE-2015-3339 and CVE-2015-1534)
-patch recently disclosed stagefright vulnerabilities (merged)

Very-very BIG Thank You! Good work!

stagefright_new.png

Edited by Polesz

Guest stadtmobi

awesome! very big thanks for your engagement.

I donated over paypal  (if someone else likes to appreciate his work too : You'll find the paypal donation button on the first post of this topic).

Guest GloryIan

Hey, Konsta, I tried installing the latest build (first by dirty flashing, and then by clean wipe) but the phone won't boot to system, and hangs on the zte boot screen. Also, after flashing the cm build and gapps, it asked me to flash SuperSu, since root access was not activated, which has never happened before. I reverted to my backup of the previous build. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thx and keep up the good work.

Guest KonstaT

Hey, Konsta, I tried installing the latest build (first by dirty flashing, and then by clean wipe) but the phone won't boot to system, and hangs on the zte boot screen. Also, after flashing the cm build and gapps, it asked me to flash SuperSu, since root access was not activated, which has never happened before. I reverted to my backup of the previous build. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thx and keep up the good work.

Did you check the md5sum? I tested with a clean install and apparently other people have managed to update too.

Recovery should always complain about missing root with CM12/CM12.1 (at least CWM does). Root managament was integrated into CM's privacy guard feature in Lollipop. You should always choose no (as it says in the installation instructions in the third post), otherwise you'll break the built-in root management.

Guest KonstaT

There's no option to check or uncheck md5sum (I'm using TWRP). It did not find an md5 file when installing though.

I don't think TWRP has an option to check md5sums for files, you need to that manually.

It's just best that you start again all the way from downloading the file. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work unless the file got corrupted somewhere in the line (did you see any errors installing it?). Like said, I did a clean install in CWM and it worked just fine (there's barely nothing changed from the previous build anyway).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest KittyLover9

Thank you for this cynanogenmod version I downloaded the lollipop one and the KitKat one and I really enjoy it here is a screenshot of me using it.

But the caf android takes a long time to boot.... Why is that?

image%3A2002

• 1 month later...
Guest KonstaT

Hi. Is that possible to add OTG usb support? Thx

I highly doubt it, msm8610 doesn't support USB OTG as far as I know. There's no easy/proper solution at least and I'm not going to invest any time in hacking it.

I once tried enabling all the required USB host drivers in the kernel. It detected the OTG cable but there's no power output from the port. Also tried with an OTG Y-cable and outside power source but it still didn't work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/11/2015 7:00:22 a., KonstaT said:

I really hope this is the final build. :P

cm-11-20151117-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-kis3.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?6esbrq27247a026
md5:4a9f5251b94248e583394ce413ef4e2f

-add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default
-patch known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-2015-8019, CR-930533)
-Android security patch level: 1 November 2015 (merged)

Thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...
Guest miksmith

Hi

Just looking to install this and see the pre-requisite for running 4.4.4 in order to get the modem firmware update. My Kis3 is running 4.4.2 but the download link for the update isnt working any more. Is there a new link available at all??

thanks

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, miksmith said:

Hi

Just looking to install this and see the pre-requisite for running 4.4.4 in order to get the modem firmware update. My Kis3 is running 4.4.2 but the download link for the update isnt working any more. Is there a new link available at all??

thanks

You have a Kis 3 and it's already running KitKat so that part doesn't concern you. It's there for Open C devices running Firefox OS (which is based on Jelly Bean).

Guest miksmith
On 14/10/2014 at 4:20 PM, KonstaT said:
On 14/10/2014 at 4:20 PM, KonstaT said:

Works fine for me.

You could try Settings -> Storage and hit refresh button under sdcard to re-invoke media scanner. There's similar option on under Developer options -> Launch tools -> Media Provider -> Scan SD card too.

Works fine for me.

You could try Settings -> Storage and hit refresh button under sdcard to re-invoke media scanner. There's similar option on under Developer options -> Launch tools -> Media Provider -> Scan SD card too.

Interestingly the "Storage Location" option is *missing* which is probably why Filip9610 is having problems. Not sure why this is though.

m

P.S. On this this page you did explain why there is no internal storage which had confused me!! I need to learn more about android partitions!

• 1 month later...
Guest -=gr!n=-

Hello, KonstaT.

Thank you very much for your work.

I tried to install your ROMs. The problem is that I don't have microSDHC card. But I was success with installing this cm11 build, I used adb sideload.

When I tried to install cm12.1 or cm13 the process was stopped after transfering ~200Mb

For now I have installed cm11, but camera doesn't work may be because IMEI SV: 00.

Second problem is that I don't have any Windows machine for using QPST, only Ubuntu Linux.

When I connect phone in FTM mode to computer file manager see 5 volumes: 34Mb, 268Mb, 1.1Gb, 805Mb, 67Mb

and gparted see 24 volumes, totally 3.64Gb :)

Can I restore IMEI SV without using Windows? IMEI = IMEI SV?

Please anybody help me.

PS Sorry for my English

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, -=gr!n=- said:

Hello, KonstaT.

Thank you very much for your work.

I tried to install your ROMs. The problem is that I don't have microSDHC card. But I was success with installing this cm11 build, I used adb sideload.

When I tried to install cm12.1 or cm13 the process was stopped after transfering ~200Mb

For now I have installed cm11, but camera doesn't work may be because IMEI SV: 00.

Second problem is that I don't have any Windows machine for using QPST, only Ubuntu Linux.

When I connect phone in FTM mode to computer file manager see 5 volumes: 34Mb, 268Mb, 1.1Gb, 805Mb, 67Mb

and gparted see 24 volumes, totally 3.64Gb :)

Can I restore IMEI SV without using Windows? IMEI = IMEI SV?

Please anybody help me.

PS Sorry for my English

You can't use any of the ROMs you find here without having an sdcard! Your camera doesn't most likely work because you don't have a sdcard inserted in your device.

What have you done to lose your IMEI? AFAIK you can't lose it without using some sort of Windows flasher in the first place. IMEI is stored in NV memory in a separate chip outside eMMC partitions. Having 'IMEI SV: 00' is perfectly normal and if you'd lost your IMEI you wouldn't have any GSM connectivity.

Guest -=gr!n=-
6 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You can't use any of the ROMs you find here without having an sdcard! Your camera doesn't most likely work because you don't have a sdcard inserted in your device.

What have you done to lose your IMEI? AFAIK you can't lose it without using some sort of Windows flasher in the first place. IMEI is stored in NV memory in a separate chip outside eMMC partitions. Having 'IMEI SV: 00' is perfectly normal and if you'd lost your IMEI you wouldn't have any GSM connectivity.

Ok, thanks for replay.

It is good that 'IMEI SV: 00' is perfectly normal. :) I don't lose my IMEI. :)

I will try to install your ROMs later when I have sdcard. Now I will return to stock Android firmware.

Thank you